98.5 The Sports Hub FELGER - Could trading Swayman be the right move?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ZamboniGoalie

Jan 4, 2024
I'm not sure Seattle would do this and I love Swayman but if they offered Matty Beniers I think I would do it. B's would still have good goaltending and add a VERY MUCH NEEDED young legit #1 C. Sway may even like the idea as he would be much closer to home. What do you all think?

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Well, personally - my point was more about his transparent manipulation tactics than the validity of the point

This is how I feel. Why people get sucked in, or even worse, admire Felger for his 3rd tier shock jock style that anyone who isn't a slack jawed moron can see through like cellophane, is something I'll never figure out. His shtick is tired, boring,and not even very good.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Goaltending is a superior area of strength for the bruins. The Forward group is missing proven skilled forwards to play top line minutes. Thinking this GM will leverage the team's biggest asset (best asset) to garnish impact forward. Not sure when this opportunity will present itself again.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
I'm not sure Seattle would do this and I love Swayman but if they offered Matty Beniers I think I would do it. B's would still have good goaltending and add a VERY MUCH NEEDED young legit #1 C. Sway may even like the idea as he would be much closer to home. What do you all think?

is the young legit #1 C in the room with us? Beniers isn't it

Reactions: bbfan419

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I don't think Felger understands that the Bruins have $21+ million in cap space this offseason (Brown being sent down and without moving Ullmark), and that the Bruins' defense is pretty much all set.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Agreed, championship teams are built from the net out. Sure a small # of teams have won it all with mediocre goaltending but they had the defense & offensive firepower to overcome it. The Bruins do not.

Reactions: lopey

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I don't think Felger understands that the Bruins have $21+ million in cap space this offseason (Brown being sent down and without moving Ullmark), and that the Bruins' defense is pretty much all set.

Basically true, i would say Brown being sent down likely costs you cap space as whoever replaces him as the 22/23 man will almost certainly make more than him

Reactions: Absurdity

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I never agree with this guy however this time I definitely agree...no team should pay a goalie 8x8. Be sure to listen...He does want Swayman at 7 but not 8.

Trade Swayman, you will get quality assets to improve the team elsewhere. Bruins can afford to do this with their venzina goalie still locked in for another year and quality prospects lurking. Bruins are in a position of strenght here.

Most bruin fans agree not to pay Swayman over 7.

8x8 isn’t much anymore and it will be even less in a few years. If swayman got 8x8 he would be the 6th highest paid goalie in the NHL.

I have no issue with that.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Well, personally - my point was more about his transparent manipulation tactics than the validity of the point

Anything should be entertained if it’s for the betterment of the club
You are right to say that if you feel it is the way to go, you should always listen, but you are not trying to get ratings, you are just a fan that likes the team and have your opinion. People who listen to guys in the media like a Felger and those two ass wipes that nod their head at him in approval, just drives me insane, and to be honest I would rather spend my time on this site listening to many of you than those dumbasses. I have not listened to sports radio in years and I am better for it, I suggest many others out there should consider doing the same.

swayman for brady tkachuk
I reply when I finish my walk on water.

Last edited:

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
This is how I feel. Why people get sucked in, or even worse, admire Felger for his 3rd tier shock jock style that anyone who isn't a slack jawed moron can see through like cellophane, is something I'll never figure out. His shtick is tired, boring,and not even very good.
Sigh.

Don't take the cheese, people.

Felger is a professional a******.

That's what he gets paid for.

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
Felger is a putz, but he does have a point (even a broken clock is right twice a day). But in typical Felger fashion he brings nothing beyond the initial brain fart.

For the right trade nobody should be off the table, the problem is I don't see a viable trade involving Swayman that would would make it worthwhile to the Bruins.

Reactions: bbfan419 and lopey

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Felger is a putz, but he does have a point (even a broken clock is right twice a day). But in typical Felger fashion he brings nothing beyond the initial brain fart.

For the right trade nobody should be off the table, the problem is I don't see a viable trade involving Swayman that would would make it worthwhile to the Bruins.
Draft picks. That’s it. Then we get to wait another few years

ZamboniGoalie

Jan 4, 2024
is the young legit #1 C in the room with us? Beniers isn't it
My bad, you're correct. At this time he is not a legit #1 C. I should've have worded my point better.

He's 21 and has played 2 full NHL seasons and is coming out of his ELC. IMO he WILL BE a legit #1 C within the next couple of years and I'd love to see him and Pasta on the top line. (with a complimentary winger on the Left)

Would Beniers and Seattle 2024 8OA for Swayman move the needle?

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
As a GM you do listen. I didn't listen to what he had to say. Don't want to waste my time. But if the premise is about the cap as Fenway posted, then I won't waste my time. Felger has proven over and over, he doesn't understand the cap.
He doesn't understand the game of hockey and hates it.

EVERYONE should stop listening to his shit and maybe he would go away.

Say something stupid and stupid people will listen.
BINGO

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Swayman for Necas

Bussi is going to be close Swayman anyways for those who watch him

Ullmark kids love their school and the dogs look forward to daily runs and ass sniffing with Ruffy, Tessie, and BeeBop- so he’ll extend for peanuts

Im in
Nope, not trading Swayman unless a real super star is headed to Boston. I think they can still get Necas with Ullmark and/or other player(s)

Felger is a putz.
Can we just trade most of the Boston media instead?

Reactions: Hookslide

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I like Beniers, but that is not enough for Swayman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad