Prospect Info: #69(nice)OA - Hurricanes select LHD Alexander Nikishin (Spartak - KHL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Sounds like we might be trying to leverage Nikishin having his salary cut in half to get him over sooner.

Nikishin is almost certainly agreeing to a reduced salary in exchange for being released immediately after SKA's season ends. Playoffs start 26 March. Otherwise he'd have to wait until 31 May when all expiring KHL contracts officially terminate.
New Jersey's Gritsyuk agreed to the same thing.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
If those are reading the KHL rules are doing so correctly, Nikishin can terminate his contract as long as he pays 60% of his deal within 2 months of termination. His new deal is 20 mil rubles or 215k. He would get a larger signing bonus than the 129k to buy it out. And he would make more than 215k this season (assuming he plays in the nhl).

Reactions: Svechhammer

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
If those are reading the KHL rules are doing so correctly, Nikishin can terminate his contract as long as he pays 60% of his deal within 2 months of termination. His new deal is 20 mil rubles or 215k. He would get a larger signing bonus than the 129k to buy it out. And he would make more than 215k this season (assuming he plays in the nhl).
Yeah I was seeing the same.

This makes the ability for him to buy out his contract pretty easy. He'd easily clear the buyout figure with his signing bonus alone, and would make significantly more in the NHL this year than he would in the KHL. If he truly feels he has nothing more to prove over there, I would almost expect it to happen.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017

This makes the ability for him to buy out his contract pretty easy. He'd easily clear the buyout figure with his signing bonus alone, and would make significantly more in the NHL this year than he would in the KHL. If he truly feels he has nothing more to prove over there, I would almost expect it to happen.
The question is he more than legally capable of doing that.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020

He’s been quoted multiple times as wanting to win the Gagarin Cup and leave a lasting legacy in the K before going to NA. I don’t think he’ll stay past this year to try to do that but I think it’s a pipe dream to get him here before SKA’s season ends.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad