98.5 The Sports Hub FELGER - Could trading Swayman be the right move?

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I’m not local so don’t get exposure to this guy on the reg but like….its so transparent what he does that I can’t believe anyone even takes it seriously
I will add, I'm glad I'm not local so I don't have to listen to this, um...guy.

Though some of the people here make me wish I was local so I could have a beer with them and talk hockey.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
As a GM, why wouldn't you consider anything if it makes you a better team?
As a GM you do listen. I didn't listen to what he had to say. Don't want to waste my time. But if the premise is about the cap as Fenway posted, then I won't waste my time. Felger has proven over and over, he doesn't understand the cap.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I never agree with this guy however this time I definitely agree...no team should pay a goalie 8x8. Trade Swayman, you will get quality assets to improve the team elsewhere. Bruins can afford to do this with their venzina goalie still locked in for another year and quality prospects lurking. Bruins are in a position of strenght here.

Most bruin fans agree not to pay Swayman over 7.
Again, I continue to think that people aren’t understanding where the increased cap dollars (minimum $10M over the next three years) are going to go.

Reactions: JoeIsAStud and CDJ

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I get the logic...but nah. Let Bussi develop behind him just like Sway did behind Ullmark and then revisit this in the future when you know what you have in Bussi.

Sometimes I don't think people realize that Bussi is OLDER than Swayman

Heck the goalie prospect from ND that Providence signed is only 8 month younger than Swayman

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Felger=moronic take, always has, always will. He's a media drink straw, with enough knowledge to piss people off. Most aren't smart enough to stop listening. They rather call in and argue with him. Either way it provides ratings and that's the only reason he has a job.
I haven't listened to Felger/Mazz for years as I'd rather get my takes on forums.

There is way more common sense here, even when I don't agree. At least my fellow Chuckleheads care about the team.:naughty:

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
I guess I'm the only one who thinks it's an interesting thought even if I don't think it's a good idea (unless a young stud #1 All-Star center was coming back I suppose).

Well, personally - my point was more about his transparent manipulation tactics than the validity of the point

Anything should be entertained if it’s for the betterment of the club

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
Everything should be considered or Sweeney isn’t doing his job right. That said, I don’t see a scenario where the pros of trading Swayman outweighs the cons of keeping Ullmark.

1.- You'd just be revisiting this a year down the road with Ullmark being in his early 30s and ripe to sign a bad contract.
2.- Ullmark has never been a workhorse, he's always done better with a platoon, and has shown he can break down if pushed. Is Bussi ready to play 30-35 games next year?
3.- Ullmark has started 9 playoff games and is 3-6 with a 3.59GAA and a .887S%

If we were to trade Swayman then it would have to be A.- for an absolute haul and B.- out west. Because I think the easy question here is: If you were to trade one of them, and you were in a game 7 scenario, which would you prefer in your net and which would you prefer NOT be in the opposing net?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad