GDT: Feb 26, 7PM | Hurricanes @ Capitals

Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Yeah, on Westgarth, if you're not going to actually DO anything when you're out there, at least finish your checks. Dude shies away as soon as he even THINKS the puck might be gone, dude, just ****ing pummel someone.

Finlandia WOAT

No blocks, No slappers
May 23, 2010
You'd have to ask Laviolette, Maurice or Muller.

If I had to make an educated guess, I'd say LaRose probably brings a lot of energy in the team practices and the coaches likely hope that energy translates to strong play for his linemates. It's no coincidence that LaRose finds his way back to the 1st line only when Staal has a couple of his patented lazy games.

I agree. Since we can't move anyone else skilled without creating a huge hole in our lineup, you move someone with energy in hopes that he'll spark something.

But so far, all I have seen is LaRose dump it in, LaRose turn the puck over, or LaRose kill the play. Tlusty was invisible, but LaRose is noticeably lagging behind these two players.

Like on that sequence. He tries to set up Semin on the break, but instead turns it over. Semin makes something of it with forechecking, then LaRose gets it down low. He tries to make a play, but just turns it over again.

Meanwhile, Tlusty actually made a hockey play.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I don't know what to say about these guys. They aren't playing like they are pissed off. They are playing more like they just got done finishing a marathon.

SeaBasstian

Don't Tread On Me
Mar 5, 2007
Connecticut
this isnt going anywhere close to how i thought the start of this period would go. i mean it is, just the wrong team doing it. looks like they went in the locker room and all that was said was...."sorry you guys dont look good out there, lets mope about it for the next 2 periods"

Clark Gillies

Oct 3, 2006
Carolina
It is really hard to look good when half of your defenders are really not NHL caliber players -
(Murphy will be, but still a little green)

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Injuries aside, would it be too much to ask that these guys WAKE THE HELL UP???

Show some passion, even if you can't show any skill.

Beardy*

At a certain point, if Rutherford has any hope of this team seeing the playoffs anytime soon, he has to make a trade...

This is a bad team as assembled, even when healthy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad