GDT: Morning with the Sabres vs Devils in Prague, CZE 10 AM ET - TV: MSG, NHL Network - Radio: WGR550 - Game # 2

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Let's definitely make assumptions like this when whole team was caved in.

And who has made any assertion about Kulich being in line with Benson?
Check out his prospect thread on the main prospect forum. I’m fine with Kuli staying around with injuries but he’s not a top 6 guy yet

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
If we traded Dahlin to a contender he would be the 3rd former Sabres C in the last 5 years to win a cup with his new team (and that doesn't even count ROR). He's the only skater that consistently does anything around here.
If? I thought we all were going under the assumption that this will happen. The timer of when he was to be traded was started the moment he was given the C.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Why couldn't they hire a guy who understands this. While Tage is skate, and Dahlin throws the puck back to him, I already managed to run to the kitchen for coffee and come back, and Tage hasn't entered the zone yet with puck.

We know why. Ruff was hired based on Devils picking up part of the contract. He was forced into taking coaches because it costs more to hire new ones. Never heard of a new coach not bringing even one of his guys.

Believe what you want but you have no idea how toxic Pegula is within the league.

Pegula and the Sabres are clowns, but remember, there are 32 NHL GM jobs. If your choice is AGM or fast forward to full GM, most guys take the job. You can't blame people

Reactions: Tatanka

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
You missed the point.

A few posters are starting a new theme/agenda about how we don’t have a #1 center or even a top 6 centers. Then lamenting that we had one but traded him away. Acting as if we were close to accomplishing anything when Jack was here. Thats not an attack on Jack. It’s a simple statement of fact. That you took it to be an attack on Jack is on you.

The irony of their whining is we almost made the playoffs with Tage as the 1C putting up 47g 94pts. Production from a Sabres 1C we haven’t seen for quite some time. To steal from your post… an injured riddled season wipes that season out apparently.
After the year we almost made the playoffs I thought our best players would regress and met a some opposition "they are young" etc. I also wouldn't call any of our centers a elite at that time so the agenda isn't really new in my case at least.

I don't think we have top end centers but my hope has always been that we'd go with three balanced scoring lines.
I had the same hope with Eichel-ROR-Reinhart back in the day and then Cozens-Thompson-Mitts. I even hoped we'd add to those three since Cozens might be a better fit as a winger.

To make the playoffs we need som kind of edge. We don't have the stars that other teams have or the budget. So we need to build smart and deep. Two checking lines doesn't really work when your scoring lines are mediocre. Our bottom 6 would be great for Toronto or another top heavy team.

It's just two games but it's also more than a decade of suck. I know what a bad Sabres team looks like.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Just 2 absolutely putrid games. Maybe it wasn't the coach and it's been the players all along. Levi looking legit is the only positive to come out of this disaster.
I wanted Adams fired post 21/22, would have liked to give Granato a year with an actual GM. The team overperformed with Granato as a coach every season but the last one and I think he still did ok considering the material.

sabres4ever

Yes, have some!
Jun 5, 2006
Virginia
DonG.png

Sabresbyswords104

Dec 7, 2019
What does ruff do to implement his system ? Can someone explain what system and advance coaching he as a coach provide ? Like you cant just stand behind the bench so what is the system the sabres use to help these players winn?

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
There have been many games where he is the be player on the ice for either team playing. My inability to say "yes, he took over game 62 on 2022 and game 51 in 2023" doesn't change that. The team has largely been dog shit and I have a short memory. I get we are all mad but we are seriously taking shots at Dahlin's overall talent level now? Really?

Think I may need to take my mid-season break from the team and commentary early this year.

By saying he’s a nice player and the best we have? That is taking a shot at Dahlin?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad