OT: Favorite MLB team: Mariners or Blue Jays?

Who is your favorite baseball team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

David Bruce Banner

Acid Raven Bed Burn
Mar 25, 2008
Waaaaay over there
One thing I've noticed anecdotally among former Expos fans in BC is they to like the M's more than the Jays. I guess the Expos gave them their "Canada's team" fix, so for their AL team they just chose the closest one. Not to speak for whatever your story is though.
Yeah, that’s pretty accurate.
Also, back in the day French CBC showed a lot of Expos games, so you’d see them play more than the Jays. KOMO did the same for the Mariners.

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
Seattle gave us Starbucks and for that the Mariners must remain forever cursed.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Been about a week since I went down to see a couple games, here's my thoughts.

I've been going for a few years now, I think just right after the 2015/16 season. I remember the first ones were just absolutely packed. Tickets were around $50 CDN.

Now, the tickets came to around $90 CDN. A can of beer was $16.95 US. The Jays have been the model of mediocrity the last few years. The stadium was noticeably less filled with Jays or Mariners fans. Given the cost of living increases, I understand why. Also, for the first time, I was sat next to some knuckle-draggers that peaked in high school. Their anti-Semitic remarks made me move to another part of the stadium.

It's probably the last one I will go to unless the Jays are actually good. I'll still go my yearly road trip but I would rather spend my money somewhere else.

Reactions: canucksfan

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Been about a week since I went down to see a couple games, here's my thoughts.

I've been going for a few years now, I think just right after the 2015/16 season. I remember the first ones were just absolutely packed. Tickets were around $50 CDN.

Now, the tickets came to around $90 CDN. A can of beer was $16.95 US. The Jays have been the model of mediocrity the last few years. The stadium was noticeably less filled with Jays or Mariners fans. Given the cost of living increases, I understand why. Also, for the first time, I was sat next to some knuckle-draggers that peaked in high school. Their anti-Semitic remarks made me move to another part of the stadium.

It's probably the last one I will go to unless the Jays are actually good. I'll still go my yearly road trip but I would rather spend my money somewhere else.
After going the last 2 seasons, I did notice there was less buzz this season than 2023. Jays will probably be selling at the deadline. M's desperately need to add a bat, but their cheap ownership will probably do nothing.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
As a Raptors fan I’m really curious if any other Raptors fans here would become Sonics fans if they return to Seattle.

I guess the easy answer could be that you become a fan of both teams since they’re in opposite conferences unlike the Jays and Mariners.

The Raptors have really embraced the “Canada’s team” role well.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
As a Raptors fan I’m really curious if any other Raptors fans here would become Sonics fans if they return to Seattle.

I guess the easy answer could be that you become a fan of both teams since they’re in opposite conferences unlike the Jays and Mariners.

The Raptors have really embraced the “Canada’s team” role well.
Nah, I celebrate the burning of York every year.:sarcasm:

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
After going the last 2 seasons, I did notice there was less buzz this season than 2023. Jays will probably be selling at the deadline. M's desperately need to add a bat, but their cheap ownership will probably do nothing.

Talking to a few Mariners fans, I was shocked they were leading their division. And yeah, they also told me they need a bat or two to actually make a run.

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Just checked the 2025 schedule which dropped today. Jays come to Seattle in early May, so there might not be as much fans as usual with the series usually played in June-August. Especially families with the kids still in school.

Reactions: Bubbles

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad