Value of: Farabee or Konecny to Ottawa

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

thehoffs

Jul 4, 2023
If there’s a piece they may move it’s Kubalik.

What’s odd to say here.

Ottawa is the one team that legit has the pieces and even the $$$ to acquire Karlsson.

They don’t even need to send back a bad contract.

To SJS: Artum Zub, Zach Ostapchuk, 2025 1st round pick (top 3 protection).

To Ottawa: Erik Karlsson @ $8.825m

Even still they could add guys like Boucher if needed and could run a Top 6 of….

Chabot Karlsson
Chycrun Sanderson
Brannstrom Hamonic

More and more I’m thinking of it I just do not see why Ottawa isn’t all over it. They could acquire Karlsson for way less than they received in the 1st trade lol.

How do we forget??

Norris + Stutzle for overpaid Erik Karlsson.

Perhaps one of the top 10 worst trades in NHL herstory.

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
I wouldn’t say no chance. I feel it would need

No it’s about as accurate as it comes. Every single analyst from Elliot Friedman to Kevin Weekes also has the exact same assessment.

Their 2020 draft will go down as one of the single most dominant drafts by a team ever. Im not even a Sens fan and I see the goods.

They have a very deep and solid Top9.

Their Top4 D are as good as any in the league with solid top prospects looking to push into the 5/6 that are legit Top4 D.

They were able to just give away Debrincat consider that.

Tkachuk Stutzle Giroux
Norris Pinto Batherson
Sokolov Grieg Kubalik

Chabot Sanderson
Chycrun Hamonic

Korpisalo

When you consider this is not even thinking of other 1st and 2nd round prospects all pushing for spots it’s a very SICK team.

Especially when they already own the 2024 DET 1st. That pick could have some crazy good value if Boston regresses by a solid 30+ points as expected and Detroit absolutely can’t compete against Fla Tb Tor Buf Ott. I suspect Detroits in 3rd tier with Boston and Montreal is last. I have the division.

1. Ottawa
2. Toronto
3. Tampa
4. Florida
5. Buffalo
6. Detroit
7. Boston
8. Montreal

I actually will go out on a limb here and say it’s possible we see Boston go from 1st to Worst in a single season. All it takes is Bergeron and Marchand age to finally show and Pastrnak scores 20-25 fewer goals they are easily in the 9-12th territory in the conference.

Ottawa just needs Korpisalo to show up and be a #1 and fade injuries to key guys such as Norris.

Ottawa basically stole Chycrun from Arizona my only fear for Ottawa is how the hell they financially keep this together.

If anyone can’t see what this team has, you’ve not been paying attention.

Most have them as the #1 team in Canada and it’s not because of flashy offense like Edmonton they are 1000% solid on their Top9, all Top 6D and even guys waiting in the AHL.

Brannstrom and Zub as your 5/6, what the literally H is there about.

Just nothing not to like.

Last year they had key injuries losing guys like Norris and their goaltending never showed up.

The acquisition of Chycrun will be a steal so long as they can re-sign both him and Sanderson for under 14m total.
You know Detroit can defer the pick to 2025 if it is not lower than 25th?

Not sure who all the "experts" are who think Ottawa will win the cup or think they are the best team in Canada. would love to see some links to these claims. Now if this is 2025 or 2026 then I can understand some of this hyperbole. Ottawa is a good young team on the rise but best team in Canada??? Slow down on the hopium pie you might OD.

As I said I see Ottawa making the playoffs this year and not as a wild card team. 3rd in the division makes a lot of sense. Leafs win the division even with a OHL coach and one of the Florida teams will finish second. Boston will most likely miss the playoffs. Not sold on Buffalo's goaltending yet. They look a lot like New Jersey did a year ago. A good young team ready to pop. Lets see where they are in January.

thehoffs

Jul 4, 2023
You know Detroit can defer the pick to 2025 if it is not lower than 25th?

Not sure who all the "experts" are who think Ottawa will win the cup or think they are the best team in Canada. would love to see some links to these claims. Now if this is 2025 or 2026 then I can understand some of this hyperbole. Ottawa is a good young team on the rise but best team in Canada??? Slow down on the hopium pie you might OD.

As I said I see Ottawa making the playoffs this year and not as a wild card team. 3rd in the division makes a lot of sense. Leafs win the division even with a OHL coach and one of the Florida teams will finish second. Boston will most likely miss the playoffs. Not sold on Buffalo's goaltending yet. They look a lot like New Jersey did a year ago. A good young team ready to pop. Lets see where they are in January.
That’s not the condition.

If Bostons pick in 2024 is Top 10 Boston has the right to instead send their own 2025 unprotected first instead.

Detroit would then have the option of sending Their own 2024 draft pick OR an unprotected 2025 1st from Boston.

There is no protection basically on this pick from Detroit.

Let’s say Detroit gets the 4th overall pick In 2024 and Boston gets the 12th overall pick in 2024.

They would then have to send either one of those pics to Ottawa.

The only situation where this changes is if Bostons 2024 pick lands in the top 10 at which point Boston can defer the pick to bring an unprotected 1st which could in theory be the 2025 1st overall pick.

Detroit then would have to decide to either send their own pick in 2024 which could be anywhere from #1 to #32 or send Ottawa an unprotected first owned by Boston in 2025 which could be anywhere from #1 to #32 as well.

Ottawa will finish #1 or #2. The #1 through #4 in the division standings could literally be separated by 1-2-3 points.

Ottawa Florida and Toronto must all have goaltenders earn their pay. I feel of those 3 Florida Is most likely to continue to struggle with Bobrovsy and Knight.

Toronto’s Goaltending picture isnt set as of yet. I’ve heard talk of a Nylander/Marner trade with Calgary where both of Hanifin, Vladar and Backlund would be going to Toronto.

Again, Toronto doesn’t have the goaltending or defence to be positioned to win the division. I do not consider a 39 year old Giordano or Brodie to be at all ideal in Toronto at all.

After O’reilly they are beyond thin. Knowing Treliving I can see him being the same GM in Calgary refusing opportunities to upcoming goalies.

Way too many questionable spots in Toronto. Needing Domi to perform and Bertuzzi to progress, just all these things need to go right on top of auston Matthews contract being an annoyance.

I actually highly doubt Auston Matthews will accept anything outside of deal paying him the same $14m expected to be paid to Draisatl.

You think Benning was bad wait until Brad “I’m the smartest man in the room” Treliving starts playing operation with your team. Good luck.

TB could finish 1-4 as well. They don’t seem to care where they finish ironically. They view it the same competition getting out of the first 2 rounds anyways.

Buffalo i agree somewhat. Luukkonen and Levi are massive question marks. Either could fail or maybe we see Levi shine and we witness two 7th Round picks in Levi and Wolf nominated together with Bedard for the Calder.

It’s a possibility after all. Buffalos Top9 is especially well assembled as a great D if Power can compliment Dahlin.

This is where I have Detroit Buffalo and Montreal in the bottom tier.

I have my tiers

ottawa
tB
Toronto
Florida

Buffalo

Detroit
Boston
Montreal

I feel 1-4 are interchangeable and the same is almost the same of 5-8. I still have Buffalo ahead of the bottom 3.

Either way this the toughest division in hockey with by far the most questions.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Last year 5-on-5 points:
Farabee - 35
DeBrincat - 30
Batherson - 29
Pinto - 23

5-on-5 Points per 60mins:
Farabee - 1.92
DeBrincat - 1.58
Batherson - 1.52
Pinto - 1.31

Konecny is great, but do we really need another guy getting 1st line money on the 2nd line? We need true 2nd liners and Farabee is exactly that. A good one at a good salary for a long time.

I'd literally pay more for Farabee than I would Konecny. He's simply a way better fit for the Sens.

I'd pay:
1st from Dcat trade
2nd in 2024
Jarventie (Boom/Bust LW preospect that could replace Farabee)

This is a great lineup IMO and it can be kept together for many years.
View attachment 727876
Can I borrow $120?

Well thought out and presented point.

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
That’s not the condition.

If Bostons pick in 2024 is Top 10 Boston has the right to instead send their own 2025 unprotected first instead.

Detroit would then have the option of sending Their own 2024 draft pick OR an unprotected 2025 1st from Boston.

There is no protection basically on this pick from Detroit.

Let’s say Detroit gets the 4th overall pick In 2024 and Boston gets the 12th overall pick in 2024.

They would then have to send either one of those pics to Ottawa.

The only situation where this changes is if Bostons 2024 pick lands in the top 10 at which point Boston can defer the pick to bring an unprotected 1st which could in theory be the 2025 1st overall pick.

Detroit then would have to decide to either send their own pick in 2024 which could be anywhere from #1 to #32 or send Ottawa an unprotected first owned by Boston in 2025 which could be anywhere from #1 to #32 as well.

Ottawa will finish #1 or #2. The #1 through #4 in the division standings could literally be separated by 1-2-3 points.

Ottawa Florida and Toronto must all have goaltenders earn their pay. I feel of those 3 Florida Is most likely to continue to struggle with Bobrovsy and Knight.

Toronto’s Goaltending picture isnt set as of yet. I’ve heard talk of a Nylander/Marner trade with Calgary where both of Hanifin, Vladar and Backlund would be going to Toronto.

Again, Toronto doesn’t have the goaltending or defence to be positioned to win the division. I do not consider a 39 year old Giordano or Brodie to be at all ideal in Toronto at all.

After O’reilly they are beyond thin. Knowing Treliving I can see him being the same GM in Calgary refusing opportunities to upcoming goalies.

Way too many questionable spots in Toronto. Needing Domi to perform and Bertuzzi to progress, just all these things need to go right on top of auston Matthews contract being an annoyance.

I actually highly doubt Auston Matthews will accept anything outside of deal paying him the same $14m expected to be paid to Draisatl.

You think Benning was bad wait until Brad “I’m the smartest man in the room” Treliving starts playing operation with your team. Good luck.

TB could finish 1-4 as well. They don’t seem to care where they finish ironically. They view it the same competition getting out of the first 2 rounds anyways.

Buffalo i agree somewhat. Luukkonen and Levi are massive question marks. Either could fail or maybe we see Levi shine and we witness two 7th Round picks in Levi and Wolf nominated together with Bedard for the Calder.

It’s a possibility after all. Buffalos Top9 is especially well assembled as a great D if Power can compliment Dahlin.

This is where I have Detroit Buffalo and Montreal in the bottom tier.

I have my tiers

ottawa
tB
Toronto
Florida

Buffalo

Detroit
Boston
Montreal

I feel 1-4 are interchangeable and the same is almost the same of 5-8. I still have Buffalo ahead of the bottom 3.

Either way this the toughest division in hockey with by far the most questions.
I think you are over blowing Toronto's issues. They are not moving any of the big 4 with Shanahan running the titanic. As for the blue line your Ottawa bias is shining through in your hatred of Toronto. Toronto was a top 10 defensive team last year and while I expect a small slip it will be small. Tree will make a trade or two at the deadline to add size to the blue line for the playoffs. As for goaltending remember this team cruise to second place in the division with Matt Murray as the starter for 60% of the season. If it only is the same which is league average they win the division. As for Bertuzzi and Domi they replace Bunting and Kerfoot. They are easily better than both of those players. While you talk about how deep Ottawa's forward lines are Toronto has not had this type of forward depth since the Shannyplan started. Unless there is another record breaking season by a team in their division they are going to finish first.

I agree with your top 5 tier except 2 to 5 could all end up from 2nd to 5th. Injuries and goaltending will play a big part on where they end up.

As for Tree (he is a bottom tier GM) being worse than Dim Jim well not even on Dim Jim's best day is he not the worst GM in the last 10 years. He is this Century's Mike Milbury.

P.S. I am a Flyer fan who lives in Toronto.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad