Value of: Farabee or Konecny to Ottawa

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Pinto isn’t playing 3C.

I can see them doing Norris at LW/C. The year pinto had a C you absolutely do not push him back to 3C.

My idea seriously Centers around the team getting ideally both Backlund and Zadorov from the Flames.

Insert Backlund as your 3C and Zadorov as a 5/6D and let the flames eat 50% of the salary and you have a team absolutely destined to win the Stanley cup.

I also think Backlund and Zadorov are easily acquired for a package of Nordberg plus a 2nd/3rd round pic. Maybe adding on Klevin or Jarventie for the salary retention.

It would make this year a make or break as Backlund is a 1 year rental as nobody knows where he’s going .

I do think Flames prefer Nordberg

I had Pinto penciled in at 3C but I guess that makes some sense too.

Only if he's improved though. He wasn't a good 2C last year IMO.

thehoffs

Jul 4, 2023

Was his +1 year you expect progression in +2 and adding Norris should be a major plus as well.

I just think Konecny and Farabee would cost more than the return is worth.

thehoffs

Jul 4, 2023

The team is just built so well it’s crazy.

I’d like to see them pluck Backlund from Calgary as the 3C and then grab Zadorov to play 5/6D minutes with Hamonic.

Team should win 55+

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
As a Flyers fan who wants G to win a cup, the order of impact here would be 1) Konecny, 2) Farabee, 3) Laughton. Laughton's a guy you trade a late first for at the TDL when you're a legit contender, but frankly he's overrated because the Flyers overrate him.

I'm not convinced Farabee is ever going to be an impact player. Nice complimentary piece in the top 6 though. Konecny is a star first line player. Even in his down seasons as he was being needlessly f***ed with by idiot coaches, he popped offensively. He's also an irritating f***er on the ice, which can be useful.

thehoffs

Jul 4, 2023
The Flyers traded Brayden Schenn and got back two 1sts. They had to take on a cap dump but they still got two 1sts back. And Schenn ain’t no superstar. Konecny is better now than Schenn was at the time.
They were talking 2 firsts being the value of Huberdeau prior to his new deal and an atrocious season.

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
Was his +1 year you expect progression in +2 and adding Norris should be a major plus as well.

I just think Konecny and Farabee would cost more than the return is worth.
No chance Pinto is 2C. Not unless Norris or Stützle are injured.

Sens will pick up another middle six forward (Tatar or of we luck Tank) and roll 3 lines heavily. 4th line will not be good, but at least they will physical. Think McEwan-Kastelic-Imama when you think someone might need a punch in the face.

Norris is the Sens best defensive C that was scoring at a 40+ goal pace last time he played. He would be pushing for 1C if not for the superstardom of Tim Stützle.

Stützle-Norris-Pinto is a really good group of centres. Having 3 quality lines is a big plus.

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
As a Flyers fan who wants G to win a cup, the order of impact here would be 1) Konecny, 2) Farabee, 3) Laughton. Laughton's a guy you trade a late first for at the TDL when you're a legit contender, but frankly he's overrated because the Flyers overrate him.

I'm not convinced Farabee is ever going to be an impact player. Nice complimentary piece in the top 6 though. Konecny is a star first line player. Even in his down seasons as he was being needlessly f***ed with by idiot coaches, he popped offensively. He's also an irritating f***er on the ice, which can be useful.
Agree on Farabee, not fast, big or skilled enough to be more than a middle 6 winger. Konecny is way better.

Duncstar

Sep 1, 2017
Ottawa
Where did all the Ottawa love come from? I must be in the wrong thread...

Like this Norris-Pinto idea with Norris mentoring him. Defensively responsible too, consider me intrigued but Tatar or Tank is the way to go.

Thanks for the positivity in here it's a refreshing change.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022

Let me premise this by saying I like Konecny a lot but I'm curious as why he seems valued as a guy worth a great return while a guy like Brock I'm told has negative value, despite being the same age, same term left and only a 500k difference in pay.

KONECNY 488GP, 141GOALS, 191- ASSISTS, 332-POINTS, -30 .68PPPG

BROCK 398GP 139-GOALS 172-ASSISTS, 311-POINTS, -31 .78PPG.
Brock has 2 less goals in 90 less games.

TK 5on5 points since the last 4 seasons
2019-2020 66GP- 38P
2020-21 50GP - 23P
2021-22 79GP- 42P
2022-23 60GP40P

BROCK 2019-20 - 69GP- 31P
2020-21 - 50GP- 34P
2021-22- 71GP- 28P
2022-23. 74GP- 39P

The last 2 years has definitely been better points wise 5on5 for TK but in fairness to Brock he was pigeon holed on basically the 3rd line with zero help under TG in 2021-22 and under Bruce ad well last season but when paired with either of our top 2C his totals were much better.

All these numbers aside I'm simply curious as how one guy is worth 2- 1sts and the other considered a negative value when in reality given everything, if Tk is worth an A plus return, Brock had to be worth at least a B type return since recency bias is a thing here and TK had a great season.

Basically this whole tangent wasn't too shit on TK but to only point out how much Brock seems to be unfairly shit on when compared to someone with far less counting stats over their careers and sharing a draft year but admittedly a better last 2 seasons.
Do those two seasons really outweigh everything else so much that one guys worth 2- 1sts and the other I'm told would cost us a 2nd or more to move? Seems pretty unfair.

Thanks in advance for non troll responses since I've clearly not once tried to shit on TK or fudge numbers, I'm just a fan of Brock and saw an opportunity where both guys are the same age, same term, and basically same AAV, as a good way to get some clarification.

FWWIW I wouldn't trade Brock and think he's rounding in to a more complete player. But if he was moved I'd hope a decent top 4 RHD, with us adding if it's a guy like Pecse obviously.

mja

Jan 7, 2005
Let me premise this by saying I like Konecny a lot but I'm curious as why he seems valued as a guy worth a great return while a guy like Brock I'm told has negative value, despite being the same age, same term left and only a 500k difference in pay.

KONECNY 488GP, 141GOALS, 191- ASSISTS, 332-POINTS, -30 .68PPPG

BROCK 398GP 139-GOALS 172-ASSISTS, 311-POINTS, -31 .78PPG.
Brock has 2 less goals in 90 less games.

TK 5on5 points since the last 4 seasons
2019-2020 66GP- 38P
2020-21 50GP - 23P
2021-22 79GP- 42P
2022-23 60GP40P

BROCK 2019-20 - 69GP- 31P
2020-21 - 50GP- 34P
2021-22- 71GP- 28P
2022-23. 74GP- 39P

The last 2 years has definitely been better points wise 5on5 for TK but in fairness to Brock he was pigeon holed on basically the 3rd line with zero help under TG in 2021-22 and under Bruce ad well last season but when paired with either of our top 2C his totals were much better.

All these numbers aside I'm simply curious as how one guy is worth 2- 1sts and the other considered a negative value when in reality given everything, if Tk is worth an A plus return, Brock had to be worth at least a B type return since recency bias is a thing here and TK had a great season.

Basically this whole tangent wasn't too shit on TK but to only point out how much Brock seems to be unfairly shit on when compared to someone with far less counting stats over their careers and sharing a draft year but admittedly a better last 2 seasons.
Do those two seasons really outweigh everything else so much that one guys worth 2- 1sts and the other I'm told would cost us a 2nd or more to move? Seems pretty unfair.

Thanks in advance for non troll responses since I've clearly not once tried to shit on TK or fudge numbers, I'm just a fan of Brock and saw an opportunity where both guys are the same age, same term, and basically same AAV, as a good way to get some clarification.

FWWIW I wouldn't trade Brock and think he's rounding in to a more complete player. But if he was moved I'd hope a decent top 4 RHD, with us adding if it's a guy like Pecse obviously.
It took me a minute to figure out what you were even talking about. I kinda understand the comparison, but Konency just had far and away the best season either of them has had to date re: traditional stats. Yes, that matters. He also has the second best season. Also, they do not have basically the same AAV. Konecny is over 1M a year cheaper on the cap. That's significant. Also, in my viewings of Boeser, he's struck me as far more of a 1 dimensional player than Konecny, namely he's not nearly as creative as TK is. TK's not anything to write about defensively, so that's not an issue, but he'd also have much flashier stats if he hadn't been needlessly dicked around with by Hakstol and AV.

I've personally never before contemplated Boeser's trade value, and if I were you I wouldn't get too caught up in random internet speculation.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
It took me a minute to figure out what you were even talking about. I kinda understand the comparison, but Konency just had far and away the best season either of them has had to date re: traditional stats. Yes, that matters. He also has the second best season. Also, they do not have basically the same AAV. Konecny is over 1M a year cheaper on the cap. That's significant. Also, in my viewings of Boeser, he's struck me as far more of a 1 dimensional player than Konecny, namely he's not nearly as creative as TK is. TK's not anything to write about defensively, so that's not an issue, but he'd also have much flashier stats if he hadn't been needlessly dicked around with by Hakstol and AV.

I've personally never before contemplated Boeser's trade value, and if I were you I wouldn't get too caught up in random internet speculation.
Wasn't he talking about Brock versus Boeser?

mja

Jan 7, 2005
Wasn't he talking about Brock versus Boeser?
FreshImpossibleIndigowingedparrot-max-1mb.gif

StewieP19

Dec 13, 2022
It will be tough this year. This division got good team
Florida Tampa bay Toronto still strong
Ottawa Buffalo Detroit will battle for last 2 playoff spot
Montréal are in rebuild
Boston still Boston each year we said they will drop and it not happened.

Due to this They need to find a way to have a better starts this season
In adding a Left winger they can resolve their line 1 and 2
On free agency Tomas Tatar can be a good one for season Only
In trade it's very interesting. Farabee will fit very well. konecny play most time on right spot.
What will be the cost for Farabee probably start with a 1st and adding couple good prospect.
Do you think Ottawa is ready to make it ? Not sure

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
The Flyers traded Brayden Schenn and got back two 1sts. They had to take on a cap dump but they still got two 1sts back. And Schenn ain’t no superstar. Konecny is better now than Schenn was at the time.
PHI also gets $5m in cap relief worth at least another 1st unless they are taking back a bad contract, which was not proposed in that deal

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
The difference is the Blues saw Schenn as a center. And they used him as a center in 17-18 when he scored 70 points, and in 18-19 when he was the 2C on their Cup winning tem.

Salva Mea

Apr 4, 2018
there is no chance sens trade pinto or greig,, two first more reasonable ( mean sens 2024 and cats trade first pick)..

or + jbd-thomson -jarventie ..

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
Why would they want either?

Ottawa will already have issues fitting Norris in.

My guess you give up assets you got from the Debrincat trade to acquire Konecny and I think Konecny is a good fit for Ottawa.

I’ve already got Ottawa winning the division as is and will be a coin flip if they take the eastern conference.

I don’t see how anyone competes with them when your D is…

Chabot
Chycrun
Sanderson
Brannstrom
Hamonic

I mean what the literal HELL Hamonic or Brannstrom is your #5.

I was actually preferring Ottawa to call Calgary to get Zadorov to finish off the Top6 D as adding Zadorov would give the Sens a massive D presence who has an incredible shot and is absolutely not afraid to push his side and weight around.

Zadorov absolutely owes his freaking career to Sutter. I honestly feel you get Zadorov for Nordberg plus a 3rd round pick.

If they could add both Konecny and Zadorov how the team isn’t winning the cup is beyond me.

I think the Sens are weaker on the left side granted . Right now I think it’s…

Thachuk Stutzle Giroux
Norris Pinto Batherson

If they grab Konecny all you’re doing is pushing batherson or giroux down the RW side.

So for me I rather see them specifically target Zadorov from Calgary as the acquisition cost is reasonable and the player they are getting back will have an immediate impact.

Should say Norris being hurt this season totally let Pinto come in and show what he can do. It’s a good problem to have for Ottawa.
Wow this post is almost as good as the Summer of Dim Jim when he traded for OEL and people said he won the summer. Ottawa MIGHT slide into 3rd place in the East but they are not winning the east or making it to the Conference finals. Lets learn how to walk first(make the playoffs).

thehoffs

Jul 4, 2023
It will be tough this year. This division got good team
Florida Tampa bay Toronto still strong
Ottawa Buffalo Detroit will battle for last 2 playoff spot
Montréal are in rebuild
Boston still Boston each year we said they will drop and it not happened.

Due to this They need to find a way to have a better starts this season
In adding a Left winger they can resolve their line 1 and 2
On free agency Tomas Tatar can be a good one for season Only
In trade it's very interesting. Farabee will fit very well. konecny play most time on right spot.
What will be the cost for Farabee probably start with a 1st and adding couple good prospect.
Do you think Ottawa is ready to make it ? Not sure
Ottawa battling for the last playoff spot?

Ottawa is winning that Division. Their team is an absolute monster.

thehoffs

Jul 4, 2023
there is no chance sens trade pinto or greig,, two first more reasonable ( mean sens 2024 and cats trade first pick)..

or + jbd-thomson -jarventie ..
I wouldn’t say no chance. I feel it would need
Wow this post is almost as good as the Summer of Dim Jim when he traded for OEL and people said he won the summer. Ottawa MIGHT slide into 3rd place in the East but they are not winning the east or making it to the Conference finals. Let’s learn how to walk first(make the playoffs).
No it’s about as accurate as it comes. Every single analyst from Elliot Friedman to Kevin Weekes also has the exact same assessment.

Their 2020 draft will go down as one of the single most dominant drafts by a team ever. Im not even a Sens fan and I see the goods.

They have a very deep and solid Top9.

Their Top4 D are as good as any in the league with solid top prospects looking to push into the 5/6 that are legit Top4 D.

They were able to just give away Debrincat consider that.

Tkachuk Stutzle Giroux
Norris Pinto Batherson
Sokolov Grieg Kubalik

Chabot Sanderson
Chycrun Hamonic

Korpisalo

When you consider this is not even thinking of other 1st and 2nd round prospects all pushing for spots it’s a very SICK team.

Especially when they already own the 2024 DET 1st. That pick could have some crazy good value if Boston regresses by a solid 30+ points as expected and Detroit absolutely can’t compete against Fla Tb Tor Buf Ott. I suspect Detroits in 3rd tier with Boston and Montreal is last. I have the division.

1. Ottawa
2. Toronto
3. Tampa
4. Florida
5. Buffalo
6. Detroit
7. Boston
8. Montreal

I actually will go out on a limb here and say it’s possible we see Boston go from 1st to Worst in a single season. All it takes is Bergeron and Marchand age to finally show and Pastrnak scores 20-25 fewer goals they are easily in the 9-12th territory in the conference.

Ottawa just needs Korpisalo to show up and be a #1 and fade injuries to key guys such as Norris.

Ottawa basically stole Chycrun from Arizona my only fear for Ottawa is how the hell they financially keep this together.

If anyone can’t see what this team has, you’ve not been paying attention.

Most have them as the #1 team in Canada and it’s not because of flashy offense like Edmonton they are 1000% solid on their Top9, all Top 6D and even guys waiting in the AHL.

Brannstrom and Zub as your 5/6, what the literally H is there about.

Just nothing not to like.

Last year they had key injuries losing guys like Norris and their goaltending never showed up.

The acquisition of Chycrun will be a steal so long as they can re-sign both him and Sanderson for under 14m total.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad