Value of: Farabee or Konecny to Ottawa

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Sens fans, after watching Dorion get what he got for DeBrincat, are you really prepared for him to trade for Konecy?
Konency fits Sens style more and is a Canadian boy himself. Besides more contract term as well.

Honestly if we can find a way to dump Joseph to Vancouver for Garland, I'd do it. Garland's style fits Sens extremely well and he's a 5on5 monster.

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
If the Flyers are serious in their rebuild Konecny has to be available.

His prime doesn't fit into our timeline. The guy to build around will be Mitchkov and the Flyers really need to acumulate more valuable picks to strengthen their prospect pool.

Konecny is a cost-controlled (2 more years, 5.5 mil. AAV), proven 30-goal-scoring, top-6, arguably top line winger.

Just wait until Tarasenko and Kane are signed and his value will only rise.

Aside from that, Flyers are pretty deep on the RW.

Atkinson, Tippett, Allison and Foerster is more than enough (even Atkinson should be available come tdl).

I'd say the starting price from the Flyers will be multiple picks and a prospect.

Something like your 2024 first, 2024 second and prospect or 2 firsts and a middle round pick.

If you take into account that GM Daniel Briere is open to take salary back it makes it even more appealing.

Don't believe Farabee will be available since we are thin on the left wing.

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
If the Flyers are serious in their rebuild Konecny has to be available.

His prime doesn't fit into our timeline. The guy to build around will be Mitchkov and the Flyers really need to acumulate more valuable picks to strengthen their prospect pool.

Konecny is a cost-controlled (2 more years, 5.5 mil. AAV), proven 30-goal-scoring, top-6, arguably top line winger.

Just wait until Tarasenko and Kane are signed and his value will only rise.

Aside from that, Flyers are pretty deep on the RW.

Atkinson, Tippett, Allison and Foerster is more than enough (even Atkinson should be available come tdl).

I'd say the starting price from the Flyers will be multiple picks and a prospect.

Something like your 2024 first, 2024 second and prospect or 2 firsts and a middle round pick.

If you take into account that GM Daniel Briere is open to take salary back it makes it even more appealing.

Don't believe Farabee will be available since we are thin on the left wing.
2024 protected 1st, Joseph, Greig, and 2024 2nd for Konecny?

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
2024 protected 1st, Joseph, Greig, and 2024 2nd for Konecny?

For me this is a reasonable offer.

Greig and Ostapchuk are the prospects I'd be interested in.

Greig has a never stopping motor, being defensivly very sound, knows the game. Just wondering how his offence will translate to the NHL when all is said and done.

Ostapchuk is listed as a LW but I could have sworn he played C in the juniors. Would love to take my chance on Cutter Gauthier and him to see if one of them pan out. in SOuth Philly.

I get the wish for the protection.

Joseph doesnt't do much for me. Don't see the need for him since we have a surplus on third line wingers. If it is not for a cap dump no need to.

Of course I'd want both firsts instead of the 1st and 2nd rounder but that's debatable.

Really interested to read what other members think.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
I made a threat about this but if I’m trading both firsts I’m gunning for Keller. Konecny is the best player for Philly granted. But he’s only got two years left on his deal. 2 1sts is a high price for that IMO.

wingdestroyer

Jun 8, 2023
I do like Grieg...i know Ottawa fans love him but to me, this is the type of move (along with a first) that Briere is probably looking to do...much like Provorov trade.

Reactions: YP44

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
I do like Grieg...i know Ottawa fans love him but to me, this is the type of move (along with a first) that Briere is probably looking to do...much like Provorov trade.

No chance Dorion deals a 1st and Greig in the same deal IMO

Opstapchuk and a 1st would be the absolute MAX IMO.

Cynick

Know-Nothing
Dec 24, 2008
Toronto
Senators shouldn't be spending on maybes anymore given the absolute need for the team to make a jump in the standings and the lack of assets left in the pipeline. Farabee might still end up being a very good player, but I'd be uncomfortable giving up (presumably) what it would take for him at this stage.

Konecny is a difference maker and a great fit on this roster as currently constructed, but I'd imagine the price would be astronomical and Ottawa gets priced out. I'm not even sure the two 1sts in '24 + a B prospect like Jarventie would be enough and that's essentially as high as the Sens could seemingly go.

From a Senators perspective I think if there's a deal with the Flyers it will be around Laughton and/or Deslauriers, but those guys could also be kept through the rebuild to establish culture.
I'd also be interested in Laughton. What's his value?

Trading Greig in a package for Konecny as some other posters have proposed is a little hard to stomach (not that it wouldn't be fair value).

Slippy

Dec 8, 2005
highlytouted.ca
Laughton had an offer of a first and future second, and Briere turned that down if I remember correctly.

I get that the contract makes Laughton super valuable, but that should be about the max price for Laughton. I guess good on Briere since he doesn't have to move him and can wait for an overpayment, but that would be a fair return and long you hold on to him the value will begin to diminish.

As a Sens fan, I would LOVE to have Laughton playing in the middle six for the next three years. Just can't see giving up more than the above offer if that is what it takes.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Two 1sts+ is what you'd ask for a superstar. And that ain't Konency.

Of course, having at idiot like Pierre Dorion at the helm, you could probably get that price from him. New ownership needs to get their T's crossed and I's dotted asap and get in there and clean house before Dorion can make another big trade.

StewieP19

Dec 13, 2022
Last year 5-on-5 points:
Farabee - 35
DeBrincat - 30
Batherson - 29
Pinto - 23

5-on-5 Points per 60mins:
Farabee - 1.92
DeBrincat - 1.58
Batherson - 1.52
Pinto - 1.31

Konecny is great, but do we really need another guy getting 1st line money on the 2nd line? We need true 2nd liners and Farabee is exactly that. A good one at a good salary for a long time.

I'd literally pay more for Farabee than I would Konecny. He's simply a way better fit for the Sens.

I'd pay:
1st from Dcat trade
2nd in 2024
Jarventie (Boom/Bust LW preospect that could replace Farabee)

This is a great lineup IMO and it can be kept together for many years.
View attachment 727876
They need to find a way to send dead cap to Arizona.
No cap space for spares

thehoffs

Jul 4, 2023
If the Flyers are blowing it up, what would it take to get one of these guys on the Sens?
Why would they want either?

Ottawa will already have issues fitting Norris in.

My guess you give up assets you got from the Debrincat trade to acquire Konecny and I think Konecny is a good fit for Ottawa.

I’ve already got Ottawa winning the division as is and will be a coin flip if they take the eastern conference.

I don’t see how anyone competes with them when your D is…

Chabot
Chycrun
Sanderson
Brannstrom
Hamonic

I mean what the literal HELL Hamonic or Brannstrom is your #5.

I was actually preferring Ottawa to call Calgary to get Zadorov to finish off the Top6 D as adding Zadorov would give the Sens a massive D presence who has an incredible shot and is absolutely not afraid to push his side and weight around.

Zadorov absolutely owes his freaking career to Sutter. I honestly feel you get Zadorov for Nordberg plus a 3rd round pick.

If they could add both Konecny and Zadorov how the team isn’t winning the cup is beyond me.

I think the Sens are weaker on the left side granted . Right now I think it’s…

Thachuk Stutzle Giroux
Norris Pinto Batherson

If they grab Konecny all you’re doing is pushing batherson or giroux down the RW side.

So for me I rather see them specifically target Zadorov from Calgary as the acquisition cost is reasonable and the player they are getting back will have an immediate impact.

Should say Norris being hurt this season totally let Pinto come in and show what he can do. It’s a good problem to have for Ottawa.

thehoffs

Jul 4, 2023
Last year 5-on-5 points:
Farabee - 35
DeBrincat - 30
Batherson - 29
Pinto - 23

5-on-5 Points per 60mins:
Farabee - 1.92
DeBrincat - 1.58
Batherson - 1.52
Pinto - 1.31

Konecny is great, but do we really need another guy getting 1st line money on the 2nd line? We need true 2nd liners and Farabee is exactly that. A good one at a good salary for a long time.

I'd literally pay more for Farabee than I would Konecny. He's simply a way better fit for the Sens.

I'd pay:
1st from Dcat trade
2nd in 2024
Jarventie (Boom/Bust LW preospect that could replace Farabee)

This is a great lineup IMO and it can be kept together for many years.
View attachment 727876
Pinto isn’t playing 3C.

I can see them doing Norris at LW/C. The year pinto had a C you absolutely do not push him back to 3C.

My idea seriously Centers around the team getting ideally both Backlund and Zadorov from the Flames.

Insert Backlund as your 3C and Zadorov as a 5/6D and let the flames eat 50% of the salary and you have a team absolutely destined to win the Stanley cup.

I also think Backlund and Zadorov are easily acquired for a package of Nordberg plus a 2nd/3rd round pic. Maybe adding on Klevin or Jarventie for the salary retention.

It would make this year a make or break as Backlund is a 1 year rental as nobody knows where he’s going .

I do think Flames prefer Nordberg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad