Value of: Farabee or Konecny to Ottawa

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
If the Flyers are blowing it up, what would it take to get one of these guys on the Sens?
5CC6B4CD-B3F1-4B29-9C29-9F496A63DF39.gif

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Konecny is a really good fit for the Sens. If he’s available, they should be the first ones calling. He’s a much better fit than Tarasenko with his ability to play quick in transition, and cut inside, finding space.

The problem is, if he’s available, he’s a perfect fit for a lot of other teams too.

RANKKA

Give Glaude the world
Apr 11, 2017
EU
Farabee shouldn't be available really lacking LW depth and meanwhile really stacked on RW

TK is available but flyers are looking for overpayment to move him right now so probably 2 1st's +

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Farabee shouldn't be available really lacking LW depth and meanwhile really stacked on RW

TK is available but flyers are looking for overpayment to move him right now so probably 2 1st's +
Farabee shouldn't be availble unless they don't think he will fully recover from his back surgery.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Something to be worried about….

him and chychrun are both UFAs in 2025. Do you have the cap space for thrm and Zub, and other young players?

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Konecny is a UFA in 2yrs and will command a huge raise alongside Chychrun.

Farabee has 5yrs left.

Farabee is a significantly better long-term move for the Sens IMO.
Farabee being 3yrs younger makes him off-limits imo.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Sens fans, after watching Dorion get what he got for DeBrincat, are you really prepared for him to trade for Konecy?

I look at it more like the market given the other trades and dumps. It was not a great return, but if you HAVE to make the deal then it is what it is. For Konecny, there is no rush. I’d love to trade him to tank, but maybe I wait if the return goes up with a higher cap or whatnot.

Lol get real.

I don’t know with these recent deals, but I was thinking the same. He’s a 30+ goal scorer getting paid very reasonably and has 2 years left. The recent trades are one thing, but you are trading a 1st + for a prime 30 goal scorer on a good deal at the trade deadline. He’s got two years so that’s 2 1sts at least - Nevermind the 70 games or whatever before the deadline you also get. It’s well worth it for good teams.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Senators shouldn't be spending on maybes anymore given the absolute need for the team to make a jump in the standings and the lack of assets left in the pipeline. Farabee might still end up being a very good player, but I'd be uncomfortable giving up (presumably) what it would take for him at this stage.

Konecny is a difference maker and a great fit on this roster as currently constructed, but I'd imagine the price would be astronomical and Ottawa gets priced out. I'm not even sure the two 1sts in '24 + a B prospect like Jarventie would be enough and that's essentially as high as the Sens could seemingly go.

From a Senators perspective I think if there's a deal with the Flyers it will be around Laughton and/or Deslauriers, but those guys could also be kept through the rebuild to establish culture.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Last year 5-on-5 points:
Farabee - 35
DeBrincat - 30
Batherson - 29
Pinto - 23

5-on-5 Points per 60mins:
Farabee - 1.92
DeBrincat - 1.58
Batherson - 1.52
Pinto - 1.31

Konecny is great, but do we really need another guy getting 1st line money on the 2nd line? We need true 2nd liners and Farabee is exactly that. A good one at a good salary for a long time.

I'd literally pay more for Farabee than I would Konecny. He's simply a way better fit for the Sens.

I'd pay:
1st from Dcat trade
2nd in 2024
Jarventie (Boom/Bust LW preospect that could replace Farabee)

This is a great lineup IMO and it can be kept together for many years.
1689039608879.png

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I think it's pretty clear that Konecny is on the market. Not trying to get rid of him, but listening and waiting for a good offer. His age and UFA status doesn't really fit with what is looking like it'll be a very deep tanked out rebuild.

Farabee on the other hand, being a fair bit younger, probably does still potentially fit with that. You do want some age stratification in a rebuild. You can't just build a team that's all exactly the same age. Farabee seems to fit toward the older end of that timeline.

I don't see Philly moving Farabee for a price that any other team would conceivably pay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad