Fanatics signs 10 year deal to be uniform supplier of NHL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
Just bought more adidas, I am serious about the fanatics takeover.
good call. I am hopeful that this years jerseys are basically identical to adidas with a new label on them. Similar to how fanatics used bikes design and majestics production for mlb until this season. But I don’t want to even own a 250 jersey with a fanatics logo on it. lol.

I feel the real change will come next season, but could be wrong.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
Some analysis on the fanatics deal from a Scottish Leafs/hockey fan.

For those that kinda feel “why do you care - no big deal” - this video of her going through her jersey collection really highlights why people care. You can feel how much she loves her jerseys and the sentimentality connected to some of them. Jerseys matter a lot to some people, weather they collect them or only have one they or their parents had to scrimp and save just to get. I vividly remember the first jersey (and only) my parents got me as well as the first one I purchased with my own cash - I couldn’t imaging saving hundreds of dollars out as a high school kid today to get a fanatics breakaway jersey. Ughh. Anyways - video below.

Reactions: DaveG

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
One thing that I think most people are missing and it was brought up in the video is that Fanatics is the only company that bid on the NHL contract. Can't exactly blame Betman since nobody else bid for it.
100%.

I think a big part of the frustration is the monopoly or near monopoly fanatics has created. Purchasing the primary manufacturing companies for several leagues, buying out third party competition in lids, Mitchell & ness, etc.

It’s a sad state for a lot of reasons - first and foremost the position fanatics has taken in the industry and the impacts it’s had on price and quality - with the former going up, and the latter going down.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Don’t worry guys, I’m sure Bettman has a fan poll that proves shitty Jerseys make the game easier to watch.
Fanatics is rubbish, but hard to fault Bettman when Fanatics were the only ones that actually put in a bid for the NHL jerseys.

NHL jerseys must suck to make, so many companies have appeared and gone and tend to not stay in it for a very long time. The rumours with Adidas were that they wanted to continue, but wanted more income on the secondary clothing items which were already made predominately by Fanatics (blame the NHL here if that rumour is true).

Nonetheless, I do want this deal to fail because Fanatics shouldn't be allowed to get away with their "half-arse" effort business mode just for the sake of profits.

Last edited:

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I'm talking more about the standard availability of jerseys without having to spent an arm and a leg.

I have zero doubt you can and do get great quality from Adidas, but it will cost you (a lot).

But walking into the official NHL store in New York out of all places, you should have some premium stuff hanging and sitting on the shelves if you want to convince people you are selling a good product.

I was prepared to pay they high price last year but ended up leaving the jersey hanging in the store because I simply couldn't justify shelling out that type of money on a jersey that supposedly is "top of the line" while looking at some "authentics" that looked terrible.

Going to DHgate and rolling the dice on knock offs was my middle finger to this trend where we seemingly accept to pay much more money for worse quality.

I'm happy with what I got and I don't see myself getting another jersey in the foreseeable future unless a)the price decreases or b)the quality improves dramatically.

I don't see either happening.

In the meantime I'll walk around with my knockoffs at MSG not having to worry about mustard or ketchup stains.

For me personally, I've never bought a bad jersey off dhgate. Even comparing some of them to "real" ones I own, the difference is negligible if it's even noticeable at all.

The current Fanatics quality we have seen in the NHL replicas has been promoted to on field use in MLB.

If you're hoping this doesn't happen to the NHL, you're in denial

What an f'n joke.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad