Fanatics signs 10 year deal to be uniform supplier of NHL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I’ve never purchased a knock off, but did load up on the adidas sales for any of the jerseys adidas makes for my son. Will trickle those out as gifts.

I did watch some YouTube videos on jerseys ordered from DHgate - the quality is wayyyyy better than fanatics. Sometimes hard to distinguish betweeen adidas and the knockoff.

Sad thing going forward - they will be knocking off fanatics, so even the knockoff quality will suffer a huge hit. lol.
Yeah there is DHGate - I ordered from jenna2021. I just asked for pics before they shipped so if there was something glaringly bad I’d complain before they shipped.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Have to see what the Authentic fanatics hockey jerseys look like before I say this is bad.
I hate to break it to you, but the visibility for MLB is far more lucrative than it is for NHL so to see they already cheaped out to this extent for them should leave you with absolutely no hope going forward for the NHL. Even if they're going to use the same factories, their cost cutting, cookie cutter templating and garbage fabric sourcing is going to be front and center for the world to see.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Lowering quality on baseball jerseys is one thing. What good is a hockey jersey going to be when it's worn over body armour, getting hit with pucks, sticks, boards, or falling/sliding on ice? I give it a week before the first thread about a guy getting his numbers ripped clean off in a game.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
This is flat out embarrassing.

I'm glad I loaded up on jerseys from DHgate. No NHL jerseys for me in the next 10 years unless it's an older model.
I literally purchased the entire adidas backlog of jets jerseys (all on sale) that my son didn’t have just so we have jerseys gifts for Xmas bdays etc over the course of the next few years.

Like fans shouldn’t have to do this, crazy man.

The jerseys are going to be garbage. I’m either buying no jerseys this next decade or will leverage DHgate or jenna2021 if needed.

Baseball jerseys are EASY compared to hockey jerseys. And like someone already mentioned, baseball jerseys are way more lucrative than the hockey market. The fact fanatics has already made baseball a disaster leaves me no hope for the NHL.

Those breakaway jerseys are trash for 150. I will give them this, they are more comfortable, and are easier to wear as a shirt (more tight fitting, not baggy or room for a hoody underneath needed). That being said, given the quality they should be 75 to 90 max. 150 is ludicrous.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I saw the quality of what were supposed to be high-end Fanatics Jersey's at the All-Star game event in Toronto. They were charging like 280 CAD, and they were pretty terrible quality for that price. Adidas only selling Indonesia jersey's was bad enough, but this is a further step down. Only hope in Fanatics MIC jersey's get sold to the public, but I doubt that will happen.

Lowering quality on baseball jerseys is one thing. What good is a hockey jersey going to be when it's worn over body armour, getting hit with pucks, sticks, boards, or falling/sliding on ice? I give it a week before the first thread about a guy getting his numbers ripped clean off in a game.
I wouldn't be shocked if what the players end up wearing is different. What the players actually wear on ice hasn't been openly sold to the public since they switched from Reebok to Adidas.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
I saw the quality of what were supposed to be high-end Fanatics Jersey's at the All-Star game event in Toronto. They were charging like 280 CAD, and they were pretty terrible quality for that price. Adidas only selling Indonesia jersey's was bad enough, but this is a further step down. Only hope in Fanatics MIC jersey's get sold to the public, but I doubt that will happen.

I wouldn't be shocked if what the players end up wearing is different. What the players actually wear on ice hasn't been openly sold to the public since they switched from Reebok to Adidas.

Yikes. That’s pretty sad - thanks for sharing info you’ve seen fanatics high end jerseys in the wild!

If I didn’t like hockey and jerseys so much I’d say I almost can’t wait for them to be released for the popcorn eating to watch the disaster.

This fanatics monopoly is really sad. And the 10 yr contract makes it even worse.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Yikes. That’s pretty sad - thanks for sharing info you’ve seen fanatics high end jerseys in the wild!

If I didn’t like hockey and jerseys so much I’d say I almost can’t wait for them to be released for the popcorn eating to watch the disaster.

This fanatics monopoly is really sad. And the 10 yr contract makes it even worse.
I may have messed up. I guess they weren't selling the Adidas one's at the All Star game fan fest, and then just priced the Fanatic's ones at a ridiculous price in line with what the Adidas usually cost. May have had something to do with Fanatic's controlling the store. But, I found the Adidas All-Star game jersey's at Cool Hockey so they exist.

Either way, I don't have much hope.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Support your local Chinese knockoff sites. They have better quality now.
I'm sure some teams look better than others, but Leafs knockoffs are so obvious and blatantly fake looking that it's embarrassing to me when people wear them. They are so easy to spot. The quality is horrible.

did load up on the adidas sales for any of the jerseys adidas makes for my son.
This is the play. There will likely be tons of Adidas jerseys on sale all over the place after this season.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Spring training for MLB is just getting underway, which means players are just now getting to see the new Fanatics uniforms (Nike outsourced to them and pays them to put the swoosh on it)...

Players are already complaining.

Compare...

And that nameplate treatment has been cookie cutter used across the league...

Those are just gross. Baseball jerseys are right up there with hockey jerseys in terms of the colours and logos. Some of their uniforms are just as iconic as hockey ones.

The comparison between the two is drastic. Yikes. I hope they bleed money on this deal if they are going to produce lazy and ugly quality like that.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
I have gone on adidas buying spree on sportsk and adidas.com. This is going to be a long ten years. My adidas Conner Bedard jersey will be worth millions.
1707924316075.jpeg

Hahaha. I did the exact same thing dude.

My wife was like “wtf are you buying all these jerseys for?”

I sent her the fanaticssucks Twitter feed and she kinda got it.

We are a baseball family (only me and the boy like hockey, mom and daughter are all baseball)- and just shelled out for New Jerseys for everyone last year on our baseball trip. So nice. We all have different teams, cubs, jays, angels and Rockies.

Anyways - I sent her that mlb fanatics link and a news article yesterday. It got real for her - she was like thank god we got those jerseys last year! And she truly understood why I bought a bunch of jerseys the past few months.

Sportcheck, adidas.com have been great. Watch for team stores, cool hockey etc. there are a lot of bargains out there right now.

I bought my son a couple of cheap fanatics jerseys - one I got for 20 bucks from SVP sports, and one from sportcheck for 30 bucks. So he has a few jerseys to play street hockey in.

PS: congrats on bedard and the jersey. He’s gonna be a pain in the central divisions ass for a long time….damn you. lol.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
I’ve never purchased a knock off, but did load up on the adidas sales for any of the jerseys adidas makes for my son. Will trickle those out as gifts.

I did watch some YouTube videos on jerseys ordered from DHgate - the quality is wayyyyy better than fanatics. Sometimes hard to distinguish betweeen adidas and the knockoff.

Sad thing going forward - they will be knocking off fanatics, so even the knockoff quality will suffer a huge hit. lol.

My wife almost bought an ohtani city connect angels jersey. I talked her into a blank.
This is simply not true. As a hardcore jersey collector no fake jersey even comes close to Adidas and in reality, even the fanatics ( as bad as they are) Fake jerseys are extremely easy to spot, the crests and numbers are bubbly, the fabric isn't the same, the cut isn't the same and most times the colours aren't close.

Im not excited for the Fanatic take over, but they will be keeping the same factory for the on ice jerseys and the jerseys likely won't change for a year or two. They'll be the same jerseys with a fanatics patch on the back where the Adidas logo used to be. The fan jerseys will suffer, but they'll still be better than DHgate jerseys.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
This is simply not true. As a hardcore jersey collector no fake jersey even comes close to Adidas and in reality, even the fanatics ( as bad as they are) Fake jerseys are extremely easy to spot, the crests and numbers are bubbly, the fabric isn't the same, the cut isn't the same and most times the colours aren't close.

Im not excited for the Fanatic take over, but they will be keeping the same factory for the on ice jerseys and the jerseys likely won't change for a year or two. They'll be the same jerseys with a fanatics patch on the back where the Adidas logo used to be. The fan jerseys will suffer, but they'll still be better than DHgate jerseys.
You’re absolutely correct. There was some hyperbole in there for sure. I shouldn’t have commented on quality - only appearances.

My point was - some of the fakes look better, or closer to the real thing than fanatics. Fanatics actually look like knock offs IMO, I think we’ve all just been acclimatized to them now. I’m sure the actual quality and wear and tear is terrible for fakes - so will defer to you. It used to be knockoffs looked so terrible - they are upping Their game to try and look real is all I’m saying. I have never bought a fake jersey - will be interesting to see if by year 8 I’m driven to it.

Here are a couple of links that just highlight they “looks” not quality aspect.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I'm not in the slightest bit surprised by this. That shit looks like a shirsey, in fact is looks WORSE than some of the shirsey's I've bought in the past. I mean what the f*** did these companies expect getting into bed with a company with such a shit reputation as Fanatics.
Support your local Chinese knockoff sites. They have better quality now.
I'll still never buy from one of the Chinese knockoff sites for various reasons, but what Adidas supply is left for the Canes and other designs that I like I plan on buying this year knowing that I won't be buying another one for another decade until this deal ends. On the plus side I'll be able to check out some of the better NCAA designs over the next few years... unless/until they also go with the Fanatics shit show.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I'm sure some teams look better than others, but Leafs knockoffs are so obvious and blatantly fake looking that it's embarrassing to me when people wear them. They are so easy to spot. The quality is horrible.

This is the play. There will likely be tons of Adidas jerseys on sale all over the place after this season.
Canes knockoffs may be the easiest to spot in the wild. I have yet to see one where the flag pattern on the bottom looks anywhere close to correct. I fully expect that to be a complete shitshow when Fanatics rolls out theirs because they just simply DGAF.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad