Fanatics signs 10 year deal to be uniform supplier of NHL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
That’s why I’m buying the Afidas ones while they are still here, you are already seeing some discounts starting, hopefully more after the New Year

I don’t trust fanatics, absolute overpriced crap
Same. Fanatics is terribly cheap and massed produced merch. I've had terrible customer service experiences with them previously and refuse to buy their crap.

Definitely snagging as many Adidas jerseys while they remain avail.

Reactions: sabremike

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Adidas has loads of clearance sales in Canada. If I was still into jerseys, I would be in heaven. It isn't outlandish to get Adidas jerseys for $25-$50 from various retailers or liquidation apparel stores.

Even the Reverse Retro jersey this past year were dirt cheap, except for a few popular designs that would get scooped up by resellers.

Adidas own website runs 40 percent off sales on a regular enough basis as well, and sometimes it works with marked down jerseys.

Before Adidas, jerseys would still go on sale during the off season, but I don't recall seeing as much regular clearance. I think it has to do with Adidas retail strategy with premade jerseys, and numerous slight changes to designs or technology that lead to so much unsellable inventory. When a place like Sportschek has thousands of Jets Laine jerseys in stock, they have no choice but to clear them out for $20, or liquidate then to somewhere like SVP Sports or Winners for less than that.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
That’s why I’m buying the Afidas ones while they are still here, you are already seeing some discounts starting, hopefully more after the New Year

I don’t trust fanatics, absolute overpriced crap

Fanatics is the worst thing to happen to sports memorabilia. You had idiots saying "well at least now there's one single site that consolidates all sports merchandise" not realizing it just means shutter service and quality.

Anyways. China is your friend for this kind of stuff. One site I use, it's honestly impossible to tell that the jerseys (of any sports) are knock offs. Even then, depending on the sport they'll go from anywhere between 20-50 bucks.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
I personally don't buy the Chinese stuff but honestly in some cases they are better than the Fanatics crap :laugh:

I'm picking up some of the Adidas ones right now, for the most part they are still a bit over $100 but you can find some for $50-100 (even the NHLShop was selling some Adidas thirds for about $50-60). I;m not some huge collector like THG, mostly stick with Islanders jerseys but plan on getting some jerseys I aesthetically like

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Just like with ESPN...What could possibly go wrong with Fanatics?

1703097689959.png

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Love how Fanatics was advertising a "premium" line of products... that looked just like regular jerseys. So they're happy to churn out garbage to the masses and then charge a markup if you don't want clothes that fall apart.

Honestly it's on the NHL and other leagues for signing up for this crap, they clearly don't give a shit if products with their brand are garbage as long as they're selling. So vote with your wallets.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Love how Fanatics was advertising a "premium" line of products... that looked just like regular jerseys. So they're happy to churn out garbage to the masses and then charge a markup if you don't want clothes that fall apart.

Honestly it's on the NHL and other leagues for signing up for this crap, they clearly don't give a shit if products with their brand are garbage as long as they're selling. So vote with your wallets.
IMHO it's been that way since the NHL parted ways with CCM.

blundluntman

Jul 30, 2016
I would like to say that I think Fanatics is doing an amazing job. I have a lot of friends who are hockey fans and they will sometimes call me in the middle of the night talking about how happy they are with the jerseys they bought. They are 10/10 times the highest quality possible and I am fascinated at how they've excelled time and time again to give me the best of the best. I even got a customized Gary Bettman jersey in honor of his great business decisions.

Screen Shot 2023-12-23 at 1.57.18 PM.png

joelef

Nov 22, 2011
Fanatics is the worst thing to happen to sports memorabilia. You had idiots saying "well at least now there's one single site that consolidates all sports merchandise" not realizing it just means shutter service and quality.

Anyways. China is your friend for this kind of stuff. One site I use, it's honestly impossible to tell that the jerseys (of any sports) are knock offs. Even then, depending on the sport they'll go from anywhere between 20-50 bucks.
It’s the same people whining about “ too many streaming services”

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Spring training for MLB is just getting underway, which means players are just now getting to see the new Fanatics uniforms (Nike outsourced to them and pays them to put the swoosh on it)...

Players are already complaining.

Compare...

And that nameplate treatment has been cookie cutter used across the league...

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
Support your local Chinese knockoff sites. They have better quality now.
I’ve never purchased a knock off, but did load up on the adidas sales for any of the jerseys adidas makes for my son. Will trickle those out as gifts.

I did watch some YouTube videos on jerseys ordered from DHgate - the quality is wayyyyy better than fanatics. Sometimes hard to distinguish betweeen adidas and the knockoff.

Sad thing going forward - they will be knocking off fanatics, so even the knockoff quality will suffer a huge hit. lol.

Me buying a Jarred Kelenic City Connect Mariners jersey last year doesn't seem so stupid now, does it?

<sobs quietly to myself>
My wife almost bought an ohtani city connect angels jersey. I talked her into a blank.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad