Fanatics signs 10 year deal to be uniform supplier of NHL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
Logic isn't allowed in this thread.

I dont think most people are concerned about the one ice jerseys here, rather whats being offered at retail. And nobody wants to collect anything with the dreaded Fanatics logo! It would really stink to have to fork out huge amounts of cash for game worn jerseys with that trash on it!

I expect many people to manufacturer Adidas logos and replace it on the Fanatics MIC jerseys thats going to be used the first 2 seasons if they are identical to the jerseys currently being worn, except the brand logo!

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Got my first fanatics jersey, I luv it!

1680568537796.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: FlyguyOX

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee

FANATICS JERSEYS – MADE IN CANADA​

When Fanatics becomes the NHL's on-ice jersey supplier in 2024-25, expect some of the best jerseys ever with 'Made in Canada' quality, writes W. Graeme Roustan.

So you’re saying the NHL isn’t going to have authentic jersey made in China? I’m shocked…

Everyone can stop acting like this is a story now. It will be the same quality as always.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017

FANATICS JERSEYS – MADE IN CANADA​

When Fanatics becomes the NHL's on-ice jersey supplier in 2024-25, expect some of the best jerseys ever with 'Made in Canada' quality, writes W. Graeme Roustan.

The on ice product will be the same, made in the same factory by the same people as now.

What is going to take a major hit is the quality of everything that is sold to fans.

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
So you’re saying the NHL isn’t going to have authentic jersey made in China? I’m shocked…

Everyone can stop acting like this is a story now. It will be the same quality as always.
Also:

@Svechhammer

The new information from this piece is that the author claims the retail authentic jerseys will be made in the same factory as the game worn ones, meaning we would be back to being able to buy 300$ or 400$ identical jerseys to what the players wear on the ice! This the only source for this though, but it would be super.

CCM does produce their game worns and retail jerseys at the same location, and the retail versions are way less quality, so I´ll wait til I see 100% quality MICs rolled out for sale to the general public! If it happens, then salutes to Fanatics!

"The NHL on-ice uniforms and authentic jerseys at retail will all be Made in Canada by SP Apparel in Quebec."

Last edited:

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
How is this Bettman's fault? The NHL is worth what it's worth. If Nike doesn't see enough profit in it, so be it. If the NHL could wave a wand and make themselves more valuable, they would do that.

Just like Gatorade, makes the league look like a joke (regardless of the real reasons)

Don't bother quoting that poster. The tagged person hasn't tweeted that out and even if they did and I missed it, they have 3,000 followers. Now, that's 3,000 more than I got, but not someone who would have access to that type of information.

Also, if that were true, it would have been mentioned by Friedman and Marek, or Dreger, or Seravalli, or someone. Haven't heard a word about it.

Reactions: tarheelhockey

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017

Fanatics charged $70 for this garbage. And by no means was this a 1-off, there have been numerous complaints about this specific sweatshirt ever since the outdoor game,

Oh, and that discolored stripe that you see on there? Product of their absolute dogshit heat press process, and its even more apparent on how it discolors grey articles of clothing....

Also tends to burn the shit out of darker fabrics as well....

and the quality control doesn't stop with just shirts, look at this shit that they sent to the Hurricanes, who had it for sale in their arena last night...

Fs8iYjkXwAIQoPR

And this is while Fanatics still has to compete with the likes of Adidas. In a few years they'll have locked out all competition and then they'll really be able to let their quality control go to crap. We haven't even begun to see how bad it can get.

• Haha
Reactions: FlyguyOX

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
I don’t care at all. I just buy Chinese ones anyways. Paying $350+ for a jersey or $180 for one I can get for $60 is dumb.

DHgate jerseys are fine and they cost $60-70. They’re better than fanatics ones for sure
Cant say i've seen DH gate do hockey jerseys, but the mlb jerseys look as if you spent $180 on their actual store.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Still glad I got some of the last Reebok Edge 2.0 authentic stock before it switched last time. Whatever the hell they pass off for authentics going forward will make the crap they used to give away on promo nights look high quality. I can't think of a single Fanatics product I've ever seen that was worth the money it cost.

At least with my Reeboks, and older CCM / Kohos I got something that while expensive, was not also trash.
Back about 20 years ago when Koho made the road jerseys and CCM made the home jerseys they were good quality. I felt the Koho jerseys were made better than the CCM ones but they were both good. Those edge jerseys sucked. I recall players complaining about the sweat not wicking and soaking their gloves because it was all running down their arms. The armpit piping was hideous too. I gave up collecting jerseys around that time. Last ones I bought were the Sabres 2007 alternate and the white NYI authentic. I still have it in it's factory plastic bag stored away.

dukedukowski

Jun 11, 2022
Simple stupid t shirt. Material is too thin. Neck is too wide. Feels like it will shrink at first wash. Logo crooked. Cheap like a 1980s iron on. Sleeve cuffs with no distinct end
Screenshot_20230514-213103.png

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
Cant say i've seen DH gate do hockey jerseys, but the mlb jerseys look as if you spent $180 on their actual store.

Bought 3 reverse retro from DHgate. If you look close you can tell something is off, but they cost me 20 bucks a pop and if I take them to a game I don't have to worry about getting snags or dirt on them.

Given that the additional revenue from jersey ads and helmet ads is not being passed down to the fan via cheaper tickets I can totally justify my 20 bucks fake jersey over a jersey that costs me 250. And to ad insult to injury, every jersey I received had numbers and logos sewn on. None of that heat press nonsense.

Im alright with a few loose ends and a funky looking NHL jersey if I only pay ten percent of the price for something that is supposed to be the "real" deal and still somehow manages to look cheaper

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
Oh and for good measure a picture of the fake jersey.

The NHL Logo is obviously fake, the liberty logo is too small.
That's the most egregious and obvious downside.

The fabric is great and comfy, it fits like a glove and if it rips... Whatever man I'll just order another one and won't have to worry about shelling out another 250

IMG-20230424-WA0004~2.jpeg

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017

Gotta drag this thread back up after seeing the bullshit that is the quality of the official NHL Conference Champions merchandise that Fanatics produced for the playoffs this year. A f***ing patch they are gluing to generic grey hats is horseshit for the official supplier of the NHL.

Leafshater67

Nov 2, 2019
Halifax

The on ice stuff, yes. What we’re worried about is the fanatics stuff to retail will be .. well, fanatics retail stuff. Fanatics stuff has always been absolutely terrible and there’s nothing given to us to make us think the retail stuff will be of any better quality than fanatics has offered us for years.

DH hate Chinese jerseys are even of better quality than fanatics retail stuff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad