Fall 2024-2025 Line up

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Unfortunately, we will run it back with the core 4. Treliving wants to see what Berube can get out of the guys. My guess for line-up predictions

Bertuzzi - Mathews - Domi
Knies - Tavares - Marner
McMann - Laughton - Nylander
Trenin - Dewar - Reaves/Holmberg

Reilly - Pesce
Benoit - McCabe
Dillon - Liljegren

Woll

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
Bert - Matty - *Nyquist
Knies - Willy - Domi
McMann - JT - Holm
Dewar - Kampf - Reavo

Rielly - *DeMelo
*Big Z - *Montour
Benny - MCabe

*Saros
Woll
I don't think this would be under the cap.

And Nyquist is a 50 point player whose production drops to a 30 point player in the post season. We need less of that not more. Not really interested in what we just gave up to get him after a career year at age 34 either. He is not a UFA.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Bertuzzi-Matthews-Domi
Robertson-Lindholm-Nylander
Knies-Tavares-McMann
Joshua-Holmberg-Cowan

Rielly-Roy
McCabe-DeMelo
Benoit-Liljegren
Edmundson-Timmins

Woll
Stolarz
Hildeby

Obviously lineup has not accounted for players gained in trading Marner, and depending with who comes back, changes to the lineup

Last edited:

LeafEgo

Oct 8, 2021
I'd like to see Willy at 2C, but if Domi is on that line, he's probably at centre.
Yeah probably and that's fair. Willy will be here longer than Domi though, and next year might be a good year to see if that 25M can be a long term 1-2 punch at center.

I don't think this would be under the cap.

And Nyquist is a 50 point player whose production drops to a 30 point player in the post season. We need less of that not more. Not really interested in what we just gave up to get him after a career year at age 34 either. He is not a UFA.
Nyquist came with Saros - speedy playmaker at 3M for a one year stop gap. Can swap him out if something comes up in FA, but 75 points last year.

It's probably a bit fat - just winged it - but Minten for Kampf and it's close? Depends on negotiations, more of a blueprint really.

Reactions: TMLife17

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Nothing has changed today that hasn’t been a need fort the past 8 yrs……2 top end D, a goalie, and a couple of forwards to carry the offence, some bottom F to play hard heavy hockey.

Reactions: OddyOh and TMLife17

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
I want a deeper blueline that maintains the physicality we had last playoffs, but can move the puck better. We're not going to have an elite franchise Norris calibre #1 dman, but if that's the case, we should have four #2-3 dmen instead of two #2-3 dmen and then a bunch of bottom pairing guys.

Roy I think checks the most boxes - RHD, can move the puck, has decent size and is physical, can eat up ~20 minutes a night against good players, relatively young as far as UFAs go, etc. But ideally we find a way to add two guys of roughly that calibre, so that Rielly + McCabe + two additions can give us a legit top 4.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Hyman Matthews Domi
Moore Kadri Nylander
Knies McCann Mikheyev
Marchment Kampf Joshua

Rielly Weegar
McCabe Toews
Benoit Durzi

Xxx
Woll

Are we cap compliant?

Reactions: Koolboss

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Dubas liked his butter soft players kerfoot, jarnkrok, kampf, malgin, and what other pipsqueek he fell in love. God what an idiot
He was also fooled by Matthews , Marner and Nylander into thinking they were good players.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Trade Marner and Liljegren for Sharangovich, Markstrom and Andersson. Sign Zadorov or Montour.

Mcann-Matthews-Domi
Sharangovich-Tavares-Nylander
Knies-Holmberg- Cowan
Robertson-Kampf-Reeves/Dewar

Rielly-Andersson
Zadarov-McCabe or McCabe-Montour
Benoit-Liljegren
Edmundson

Markstrom
Woll

Reactions: TMLife17

RomanianLeafs

Apr 14, 2009
Arad
I dont see Cowan back to the juniors so put him în The line ups, same for Grebyonkin i dont see him playing with the Marlies he will take Jarnkrok spot

Reactions: arso40

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
IDEAL you say....??? Semi-realistic though...

Forwards:
Domi-Matthews-Nylander
Knies-Lindholm(UFA: 7AAV)-Cowen
Tavares-Wright* (Marner trade)-McMann
Dewar-Kampf/Minten-Reaves/XXX

Defense:
McCabe - XXX
Rielly - Pesce (1st choice) or DeMelo (2nd choice)
Benoit - Liljegren
Edmundson (I re-sign him).

XXX has GOT TO BE a puck mover, who has a decent point shot and can quarterback #1PP unit
Options (realistic)
1. Would Weeger waive and Calgary do a trade with us?
2. Montour? I am pretty sure Panthers are re-signing him and he may be costly but can it work?
3. Can Liljegren FINALLY take that #1PP unit at least and we can get the XXX with a defensive minded player?
4. DO NOT OVERPAY FOR Ghost in the UFA market ffs
***** We all know Treliving is looking for a puck mover who can generate offense; he got Klingberg last season, am sure he will be looking for an offensive D-man this year too*****

Goalies
Woll
UFAs I think we should target: (Stolarz, Brossoit)
Trades: Swayman (I highly doubt Bruins trade him to divisional rival but may be we go full evil and trade with the guys who trade for Swayman in a handshake wink wink deal :laugh:)

Worst Scenario:
: Re-sign murray cheap as a back up, and see if HildeBEAST can play as back up to Woll and then go from there....

Last edited:

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
IDEAL you say....??? Semi-realistic though...

Forwards:
Domi-Matthews-Nylander
Knies-Lindholm(UFA: 7AAV)-Cowen
Tavares-Wright* (Marner trade)-McMann
Dewar-Kampf/Minten-Reaves/XXX

Defense:
McCabe - XXX
Rielly - Pesce (1st choice) or DeMelo (2nd choice)
Benoit - Liljegren
Edmundson (I re-sign him).

XXX has GOT TO BE a puck mover, who has a decent point shot and can quarterback #1PP unit
Options (realistic)
1. Would Weeger waive and Calgary do a trade with us?
2. Montour? I am pretty sure Panthers are re-signing him and he may be costly but can it work?
3. Can Liljegren FINALLY take that #1PP unit at least and we can get the XXX with a defensive minded player?
4. DO NOT OVERPAY FOR Ghost in the UFA market ffs
***** We all know Treliving is looking for a puck mover who can generate offense; he got Klingberg last season, am sure he will be looking for an offensive D-man this year too*****

Goalies
Woll
UFAs I think we should target: (Stolarz, Brossoit)
Trades: Swayman (I highly doubt Bruins trade him to divisional rival but may be we go full evil and trade with the guys who trade for Swayman in a handshake wink wink deal :laugh:)

Worst Scenario:
: Re-sign murray cheap as a back up, and see if HildeBEAST can play as back up to Woll and then go from there....
I am curious to know what you hope to get in a Marner trade. It has to be more than just Wright. He should come with one of Larsson, Oleksiak, or Borgen. Any one of those guys slots in where you have Pesce and probably for cheaper.

Where is Holmberg? I would have him on the fourth line and trade Kampf. That's cap space we could use.

These two above moves could give us the extra cash to spend on a Montour for example.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad