F Tomas Mrsic - Medicine Hat Tigers, WHL (2024, 113th, STL)

austin63867

Nov 13, 2018
Mrsic is a guy who I've been following for a while now. Incredibly skilled playmaker and skater who is currently 2nd in CSSHL Pts behind Jesse Heslop and 1 above longtime teammate and potential 2025 top pick Jordan Gavin. Will likely be a 1st round pick in the WHL Bantam Draft.

Any scouting done on him. I've seen some positive talk on him but I'm not sure if it's from being Gavin's teammate or if Mrsic is a good player on his own or both.

Tomas Mrsic at eliteprospects.com

austin63867

Nov 13, 2018
Mrsic 2nd in PTS now with 19 and 1st in G in the CSSHL playing with Gavin, who has 22PTS.

Great 1/2 punch for Delta this season

Reactions: Dominance

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Good shot, plays with a lot of energy. Skilled. He's a little small and his skating is probably only average. He's good and likely a round 3-4 guy. Possible he could go 2 or late 1, if he progresses well the next few years.
Always appriciate any analysis like this in a players thread - I know that I’m not the only one either.

austin63867

Nov 13, 2018
Bit of a disappointing season so far? Just 18 points in 44 games.
I was thinking it could be because Medicine Hat is not a top team but Basha & Lindstrom are doing well. Hope he can rebound. Gonna be a good team with McKenna next year so I hope Mrsic can improve and make that a good team.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
3A tonight (should be another) he's looked really good the last few games. Not that he's had a bad season, but I expect a bit more from him given he plays on the top PP and gets top 6 minutes. At the very least he should get a look in the late rounds.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Pretty solid player. Thought he looked good in many of the highlights of McKenna that I've watched. Interested to see if he pops off further offensively in his D+1 and D+2 and/or can add additional tools to his bag in order to get an ELC and have a solid pro career.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Pretty solid player. Thought he looked good in many of the highlights of McKenna that I've watched. Interested to see if he pops off further offensively in his D+1 and D+2 and/or can add additional tools to his bag in order to get an ELC and have a solid pro career.
Little size wouldn’t hurt either if he can fill out some more and maybe even grow a bit taller.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
The Hat are really loading up with offensive weapons for this year and next.

Does anyone even match up with their group of forwards in the Dub?

I think they have the deepest for this coming year, for sure. They just signed a couple of Finnish kids to shore up their D, their weak spot. Another top level defenseman and they can really challenge for the WHL title.

Reactions: wetcoast

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I think they have the deepest for this coming year, for sure. They just signed a couple of Finnish kids to shore up their D, their weak spot. Another top level defenseman and they can really challenge for the WHL title.
They just might be able to outscore their opposition.

By adding Ritchie they made an already explosive set of forwards even better.

I thought Ritchie, if he can stay healy, would explode next year in Prince Albert but now I'm sure of it.

That being sure I'm not sold on Ritchie translating to the NHL level as a top 6 forward but he is going to dominate the Dub next year.

Reactions: Bubbles

monsieurthibz

Oct 8, 2016
Montreal
Back to topic, correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like this season might not be the best path for Mrsic's development, is it ? And if so, does STL have anything to say or any power regarding their newly draftee ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad