Buffalo Bills Week 3 -- Buffalo (2-0) vs Jacksonville (0-1). Monday, 9/23 at 7:30 PM ET on ESPN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
To build on the early play calling, here is what things looked like:

1 & 10 - Cook run for 9
2 & 1 - Cook run for 3
1 & 10 - Pass to Hollins for 14
1 & 10 - Pass play, sack, lost fumble

3/4 plays called were successful and the one that wasn't was a pass play that Samuel was open and Josh turned it down.

1 & 10 - Pass to Coleman - DPI
1 & 10 - Cook run for 15
1 & 10 - Cook run for 5
2 & 5 - Pass to Knox for 21
1 & 10 - Cook run for 9
2 & 1 - Cook run for 4
1 & Goal (8) - Cook run for 4
2 & Goal (4) - Cook run for 0
3 & Goal (4) - Allen rushing TD nullified Torrence personal foul (facemask)
3 & Goal (19)- Allen sacked for 0 yards lost

About the only play call you can really complain about is the Cook run on 2 & Goal from the 4.

:dunno:
I think you can make a case that 2nd & 1 should be a prime play-action down to take a shot.

Reactions: HOOats

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I don't like to pick Bill's games, but when taking ALL emotion out of it I would take Miami at home. Your call in the end though ;)

Yeah, this feels like the regular season championship that they hang their hat on and then end up imploding around Week 10 when the weather turns. Miami is like clockwork.

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Stopped watching the game at 17 to 3 because I was starting to get annoyed, color me shocked when I checked the score hours later. Good for the Bills but man....these games aren't good for emotionally lol
A good friend of mine did this as well and got (deservedly) roasted for it. I'll never understand it.

Games have ups and downs, the first half counts just the same as the second half and isn't necessarily predictive. Gotta stay in the foxhole with the squad, that's the only way for magic to happen.
I really like Groot and hope it keeps on coming, pump the breaks a little though, he was up against Jonah Jennings and then a backup right tackle.
I don't think we need to pump the breaks.

Rousseau was a projected top 10 pick before the bizarre covid year. He was always an incredible blend of production and projection. His physical package is almost unprecedented. He's had massive moments for us as well as long stretches of consistent play.

Year 4 breakout is absolutely expected.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I know that the Hill thing is a thing. I know that the video has been released........and I know that this is the quasi-NFL thread as well as the Bills thread.

BUT

I don't think there's a way to avoid all the issues around what happened, so let's just not discuss it at all here.

Reactions: Matt Ress

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
......McBabich better be ready to play a more traditional 4-3 when we play the Jets. If we do our usual 4-2 with a nickel CB acting as a LB, the Jets are going to run all over us......literally.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
......McBabich better be ready to play a more traditional 4-3 when we play the Jets. If we do our usual 4-2 with a nickel CB acting as a LB, the Jets are going to run all over us......literally.
I wonder if they would use Rapp in run support and slide Lewis back to safety.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Does anyone happen to have a link to a good site for NFL game streams that they could PM me?

I have 8+ sites saved (like sportsurge, nflbite, firstrowsports, streameast, livetv, atdhe, etc) that I have used in the past but I couldn’t get a single one of them to work yesterday.
I had a page on FB where I was watching games but it looks like they may have put an end to that too....My only worry about going to some streaming site is getting phished or some bad malware or something.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
Why did they pull Rodgers, is he hurt again? Or have they just given up on the game.

TheStorm

Sep 15, 2015
Pittsburgh,PA
A good friend of mine did this as well and got (deservedly) roasted for it. I'll never understand it.

Games have ups and downs, the first half counts just the same as the second half and isn't necessarily predictive. Gotta stay in the foxhole with the squad, that's the only way for magic to happen.

I don't think we need to pump the breaks.

Rousseau was a projected top 10 pick before the bizarre covid year. He was always an incredible blend of production and projection. His physical package is almost unprecedented. He's had massive moments for us as well as long stretches of consistent play.

Year 4 breakout is absolutely expected.
I do it for my own health really I guess. I have anxiety issues which compound on other health stuff I have so I try not to get myself worked up if I can. Back when I was a teenager I would've watched the whole game.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Rodgers’ arm is still relatively live, but he can’t move for shit. I’m not super worried about their offense with his hand-picked dunce Hackett still calling run-run-pass on almost every possession
I wasn't too worried about Rodgers. Still think he'll improve, but he's not going to be an elite QB. I figured he'd be anywhere from 10-20. The good news is, and this is me just stat watching since I didn't watch the game, is the Jets defense got worked, and their run defense once again appears to be ass. Brady should be able to take advantage of that.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Cam Lewis stepping up when Taron Johnson went down was huge.

And the really interesting note is that although Kyler Murray are usually been very good when you blitz him, the Bills saw more success on defense when Babich starting bringing extra rushers in the second half.

That is a good adjustment by a guy calling his first game.

Reactions: tsujimoto74

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I think you can make a case that 2nd & 1 should be a prime play-action down to take a shot.
I can understand not wanting to do that early, especially when most people would have been expecting it.

Brady does need to be a little bit better at breaking trends. Some of the challenges in the second half may have been with him being too predictable.

And given how everyone wants them to take a deep shot on 2nd and short, that is a trend worth breaking, IMO.

I really like Groot and hope it keeps on coming, pump the breaks a little though, he was up against Jonah Jennings and then a backup right tackle.
As long as he stays healthy, he's going to put up numbers this year.

This isn't a one game thing. He was playing well in camp vs Dawkins & Brown and he tore up the Steelers former 1st round OT in the preseason.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
I don't think Tua is ready for Rousseau. I really wish Bills would use press coverage to disrupt Tua's timing.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
I don't think Tua is ready for Rousseau. I really wish Bills would use press coverage to disrupt Tua's timing.
It's definitely going to be more of a challenge this week for our boundary corners and if the dullphins can get the inside run game going, we need our big boys in the middle to hold up and linebackers not biting on PA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad