F Macklin Celebrini - Boston University Terriers, NCAA (2024, 1st, SJS)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jeffrey Pedler

Mar 21, 2018
Slafkovsky and Power were considered relatively weak #1 picks.

Lot of revisionist history for Laf but he was also getting the "#1 in every draft since"

Obviously he is not Mcdavid or bedard. After them we have the Hughes, Dahlin, Laf, Matthews, MacKinnon, Hall, Tavares , Stamkos, Eichel, etc tier in the last 15 years. That's 8 or 9 guys who he would be debatable with.

Basically celebrini is the tier of prospects we see ever other year go #1. Which is amazing

Slafkovsky yes, Power no.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Slafkovsky yes, Power no.
Slafkovsky is typically the type of player that those who don't watch the matches won't realize how strong this player is. 2nd NHL season and already established on the 1st line Montreal. The best forward in Montreal's last matches for many followers. Maybe the best for the complete season. Before he turned 20.
Rarely have we seen a player progress so quickly in such a short time and this is what made him number 1 in 2022 : exceptional progression which accompanied a rare physical size for a player of his level. It's a monster.

I don't think we can call it a weak No. 1 for a guy who had 2 exceptional performances in 2 senior tournaments. Besides that, the Celebrini U20 tournament does not weigh much.

MrCreamm

Nov 16, 2023
Guy can do it all in my opinion, I expect him to light up the NCAA at a similar rate to Fantilli on an inferior team and at 17. He can shoot, dangle, pass, create space for his teammates with/without the puck, uses contact nicely, can read and anticipate play very well, attacks the middle with speed successfully etc etc. Seems like a franchise talent, we say that every year, but 2023 was super stacked and Celebrini in my opinion goes 2nd in 2023 easily just due to how good he is at 17, Leo and Adam turned 19 this fall. Like many said, he's not that polarizing as a prospect, obviously he's not as dynamic as Bedard, but he really can do everything. He's heads and shoulders above any other talent in the 2024 draft and is gonna make it a tough pill to swallow for whoever has to pick second, even though there are still good prospects available.

Marshmont63

Jun 22, 2016
The Heights
Will Celebrini be in the NHL next season or will he return for his sophomore season at BU? I’m inclined to say he’ll sign with whichever team drafts him, but who knows. As a BC fan, I really hope he doesn’t return because he would almost single-handed carry BU to a championship next season.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Will Celebrini be in the NHL next season or will he return for his sophomore season at BU? I’m inclined to say he’ll sign with whichever team drafts him, but who knows. As a BC fan, I really hope he doesn’t return because he would almost single-handed carry BU to a championship next season.

It would be a shocker if he doesn't go to the NHL right away.

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
So 1 point vs Finns, 5 points vs Latvia, 0 points vs Sweden, 2 points vs Germany, and 0 points vs Czech in the quaterfinals?
Yeah, there's no denying he took advantage the weaker teams.

That being said, there's also no denying he was the most dynamic forward all tournament for Canada. You could see the skill and creativity on display vs Czech he just didn't record any pts. All in all a very good showing for any player let alone a 17 year old.

Essentially a lock to go #1 and has high end #1C potential

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

prongertheman9

May 30, 2010
I worry not about Michkov's status, but since you start the topic, there is no chance Celebrini is even close to Michkov. Michkov looked better at WJC being one year younger...
Michkov’s only WJC appearance was in his 17 yr old season, which is the same as Celebrini was this year.

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
I know it's never going to end, so I should just get used to it... but considering how different the prospects are, it just doesn't make a ton of sense to compare Michkov to Celebrini. Elite, possibly generational offensively-minded scoring winger vs. an all-arounder two-way centerman that is borderline-but-probably-not at the MacKinnon/Matthews tier. Very different pieces for a team to build with/around.

Reactions: enthuuusiast

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I know it's never going to end, so I should just get used to it... but considering how different the prospects are, it just doesn't make a ton of sense to compare Michkov to Celebrini. Elite, possibly generational offensively-minded scoring winger vs. an all-arounder two-way centerman that is borderline-but-probably-not at the MacKinnon/Matthews tier. Very different pieces for a team to build with/around.

They are even from different drafts... but as I said it wasn't me who started this topic. I would have understood if it had been Demidov, but why Michkov?

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
If ends up in Chicago the hawks will have the best 1-2 combo in 5-6 years akin to Crosby and malkin for about a good 7 years

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Only 2 players in the last 20 years have been drafted first overall that didn't play in the NHL that same year and both were defensemen. He'll be in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad