F Macklin Celebrini - Boston University Terriers, NCAA (2024, 1st, SJS)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Beukeboom

Apr 1, 2007
Had the fortune to see today's game live. Celebrini is an incredible player. As someone said, he tilts the ice with or without the puck.

Speaking of comparisons, he just scored the same amount of points in one game as Fantilli did in the whole tournament last year. This guy would have been #1 in most drafts. Only Bedard, McDavid and most likely Matthews would have been picked before him since 2010 imo (assuming his season continues in this fashion). Maybe Dahlin as well, based on pre draft hype.

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
Again, Celebrini keeps on impressing at every level he plays at. There's nothing new here.

Except, I'd appreciate it if people started using the one and true right address when talking about him.

They should not refer to him only as "Macklin Celebrini", but rather as "Future Montreal Canadien, Macklin Celebrini".

This is the way, and with this poor attempt at humor done, I go back to my party with friends. Enjoy in moderation peeps (or not, as I intend to do).

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I want him in the Sharks. Bay Area connection with his dad and it would be great to see a true blue superstar on that team to build around. They’ve got some nice talent with Smith and Eklund and lots of picks coming up but as bad as they are, they don’t yet have that crown jewel they can really build around IMO.

I have this gross, gross feeling he’s gonna end up in Chicago with Bedard and they are just gonna roll right into the new Kane-Toews era. No offense Hawks fans ;)

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I want him in the Sharks. Bay Area connection with his dad and it would be great to see a true blue superstar on that team to build around. They’ve got some nice talent with Smith and Eklund and lots of picks coming up but as bad as they are, they don’t yet have that crown jewel they can really build around IMO.

I have this gross, gross feeling he’s gonna end up in Chicago with Bedard and they are just gonna roll right into the new Kane-Toews era. No offense Hawks fans ;)
Nah its gonna be the Fantilli-Celebrini era :sarcasm:

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020

As a Hawks fan it would be a dream come true if he went to Chicago and we had Kane-Toews 2.0 for many years

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
Had the fortune to see today's game live. Celebrini is an incredible player. As someone said, he tilts the ice with or without the puck.

Speaking of comparisons, he just scored the same amount of points in one game as Fantilli did in the whole tournament last year. This guy would have been #1 in most drafts. Only Bedard, McDavid and most likely Matthews would have been picked before him since 2010 imo (assuming his season continues in this fashion). Maybe Dahlin as well, based on pre draft hype.

That's how I feel about him. Every facet of his game is elite and yet there is high potential for growth (which is insane). If he was in last year's draft I would only put him behind Bedard, and although a lot of people put Michkov ahead of him because he has more offensive potential, Celebrini is a center and a much better two-way player.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver

Agreed, mostly. For 2010 to present, I think you can make arguments for any of Dahlin, Jack Hughes, Carlsson, Hall, Seguin, Laine, Laf or Fantilli too, but I’d personally give Celebrini the slight edge over all of them. But MacKinnon or Eichel, I’d personally put Celebrini a touch behind those two, like just barely.

Dahlin, dmen are just harder to project, as hyped as he was I don’t think he goes over a strong 1OA centre like Celebrini. Jack Hughes, pure skill was a bit higher end, but Celebrini has him on everything else, IMO almost all scouts would prefer Macklin’s game. Carlsson, I think Celebrini’s skating and generally more dynamic/explosive play beats Carlsson’s size/strength advantage, and Fantilli, I think Macklin’s significant hockey IQ advantage beats Fantilli’s size/strength advantage. Hall and Seguin, similar skill level but less complete games IMO. Laine, unreal shot and hands, but there were question marks with his skating and work ethic, don’t think he gets the edge over Macklin. Laf, similar puck skills, hockey IQ and size, but I think Celebrini gets the edge on skating and 2-way play.

MacKinnon and Eichel, though, these guys were super dynamic talents with extremely high upside. Celebrini’s game is a bit more complete than these guys at the same age, but they had flashes of more explosive skill, and were also “do it all” centres. Not sure how this would shake out, but I could definitely see plenty of scouts going with Nate and/or Jack for perceived higher upside.

I think I’d overall have him as the 6th best prospect from 2010 to present (behind McDavid, Bedard, Matthews, MacKinnon and Eichel), but roughly 3-13 are all fairly subjective/arguable.

Last edited:

Plastic Joseph

Unregistered User
Mar 21, 2014
Agreed, mostly. For 2010 to present, I think you can make arguments for any of Dahlin, Jack Hughes, Carlsson, Hall, Seguin, Laine, Laf or Fantilli too, but I’d personally give Celebrini the slight edge over all of them. But MacKinnon or Eichel, I’d personally put Celebrini a touch behind those two, like just barely.

Dahlin, dmen are just harder to project, as hyped as he was I don’t think he goes over a strong 1OA centre like Celebrini. Jack Hughes, pure skill was a bit higher end, but Celebrini has him on everything else, IMO almost all scouts would prefer Macklin’s game. Carlsson, I think Celebrini’s skating and generally more dynamic/explosive play beats Carlsson’s size/strength advantage, and Fantilli, I think Macklin’s significant hockey IQ advantage beats Fantilli’s size/strength advantage. Hall and Seguin, similar skill level but less complete games IMO. Laine, unreal shot and hands, but there were question marks with his skating and work ethic, don’t think he gets the edge over Macklin. Laf, similar puck skills, hockey IQ and size, but I think Celebrini gets the edge on skating and 2-way play.

MacKinnon and Eichel, though, these guys were super dynamic talents with extremely high upside. Celebrini’s game is a bit more complete than these guys at the same age, but they had flashes of more explosive skill, and were also “do it all” centres. Not sure how this would shake out, but I could definitely see plenty of scouts going with Nate and/or Jack for perceived higher upside.

I think I’d overall have him as the 6th best prospect from 2010 to present (behind McDavid, Bedard, Matthews, MacKinnon and Eichel), but roughly 3-13 are all fairly subjective/arguable.
yeah, he's a great prospect, no need for the "he would go #1 every year except.." at this stage.

We hear this every single year. We literally heard it for most of last year from some posters about Fantilli and he didn't even go #2 in his own draft.

Let's just wait and see the full scope of his season before we make these statements, everyone.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
yeah, he's a great prospect, no need for the "he would go #1 every year except.." at this stage.

We hear this every single year. We literally heard it for most of last year from some posters about Fantilli and he didn't even go #2 in his own draft.

That happened because there were 3 guys in Fantilli's draft who would have gone #1 in several other seasons. Some were just slow to pick up on Carlsson.

I think Celebrini is on a tier with Fantilli and Carlsson, and in my opinion those three and Bedard are ahead of everyone else in the last five years as draft prospects.

Yeah we can change our assessments later, but there's nothing wrong with saying what we see now.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
I’m not a fan of his game. Just kidding he’s awesome. But man someone needs to complain about something - it’s weird seeing everyone gush over a prospect

Reactions: Dominance

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
That happened because there were 3 guys in Fantilli's draft who would have gone #1 in several other seasons. Some were just slow to pick up on Carlsson.

I think Celebrini is on a tier with Fantilli and Carlsson, and in my opinion those three and Bedard are ahead of everyone else in the last five years as draft prospects.

Yeah we can change our assessments later, but there's nothing wrong with saying what we see now.
Slafkovsky and Power were considered relatively weak #1 picks.

Lot of revisionist history for Laf but he was also getting the "#1 in every draft since"

Obviously he is not Mcdavid or bedard. After them we have the Hughes, Dahlin, Laf, Matthews, MacKinnon, Hall, Tavares , Stamkos, Eichel, etc tier in the last 15 years. That's 8 or 9 guys who he would be debatable with.

Basically celebrini is the tier of prospects we see ever other year go #1. Which is amazing

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021
I’m not a fan of his game. Just kidding he’s awesome. But man someone needs to complain about something - it’s weird seeing everyone gush over a prospect
He isn't that polarizing of a player IMO. He's extremely projectable and I think that enhances his appeal.

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
Bedard and Celebrini together, would they potentially be prime-Kane/prime-Toews or prime-Kane/lite-Toews?

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Bedard and Celebrini together, would they potentially be prime-Kane/prime-Toews or prime-Kane/lite-Toews?
I think celebrini will be better at least offensively by a fair bit as for Kane and Bedard hard to tell but his shot is way better but iq seems to be on par but Kane had the best hands and could create anything in the offensive zone but Bedard also has that ability probably slight edge Bedard

Reactions: JotAlan

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville

None taken - I get it that other fan bases would be a little miffed if the Hawks got Celebrini after getting Bedard.

But ... too bad cuz he will be a Hawk after the 2024 draft. :naughty:

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
None taken - I get it that other fan bases would be a little miffed if the Hawks got Celebrini after getting Bedard.

But ... too bad cuz he will be a Hawk after the 2024 draft. :naughty:
Honestly if Sabres don't get him with the way this season us going wouldn't mind seeing him on Chicago it would be interesting to see if the hawks are able to build another dynasty or squander top tier elite talents like edmonton did while screwing their cap structure not hoping they falter actually would want to see them succeed

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Honestly if Sabres don't get him with the way this season us going wouldn't mind seeing him on Chicago it would be interesting to see if the hawks are able to build another dynasty or squander top tier elite talents like edmonton did while screwing their cap structure not hoping they falter actually would want to see them succeed
There's only one Edmonton.

Chicago doesn't deserve another 1st pick, not this year not in the next ones. Bedard was enough.

Reactions: coooldude

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville

Drafting top end players and maintaining proper salary cap management is key. The Hawks are situated very well in both areas, especially with a lot of very promising young d-men. It's still a crap shoot to have everything align just right to have a 4 or 5 year window to compete before those good young players start earning bigger contracts which throws the salary cap out of whack.

There's only one Edmonton.

Chicago doesn't deserve another 1st pick, not this year not in the next ones. Bedard was enough.

As Will Money said in Unforgiven - "deserves got nuthin to do with it."

Reactions: Groo

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
The Sharks will win the lottery, but then be penalized for something (California team) and then it will be given to the Hawks.

Sharks will end up picking 13 and take Marc-Edouard Vlasic

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England
1704061081673.png

Special player. Has surpassed my initial expectations, his explosiveness seeens greatly improved since the u18 (not that it was bad before)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad