F Jakob Ihs Wozniak - Luleå HF J18, J18 Nationell (2025 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
Off to a slower start in the J20s than I expected. Not a big deal but looked pretty average at the Hlinka too. Something to keep an eye out for a potential top 15 pick.

Bruins78

Apr 12, 2007
Sounds a bit like David Krecji, maybe? Krecji always slowed things down, had marginal speed but could occasionally separate and find another gear when you did not expect it....was a very smart player in terms of anticipation and knowing where to go and was a great passer

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Interesting... I rarely see big prospects besides goalies that seem to come from Luleå. Feels like Skellefteå is the club in the north that produces prospects and perhaps even Modo before Luleå as well.
They always had a somewhat competitive senior team but not even close being the top 7-8 academies in Sweden.

Lundeström is the only one that comes up to mind and he hasn't been the biggest hit or spectacular in any way. Perhaps Luleå isn't the organization to develop offensive talent?
Skellefteå seem to be like Finlands old Kärpät when they produced a whole lot. But they aren't that leading in Finland anymore.

erikhamren

DWDWw
May 7, 2021
Sweden
Interesting... I rarely see big prospects besides goalies that seem to come from Luleå. Feels like Skellefteå is the club in the north that produces prospects and perhaps even Modo before Luleå as well.
They always had a somewhat competitive senior team but not even close being the top 7-8 academies in Sweden.

Lundeström is the only one that comes up to mind and he hasn't been the biggest hit or spectacular in any way. Perhaps Luleå isn't the organization to develop offensive talent?
Skellefteå seem to be like Finlands old Kärpät when they produced a whole lot. But they aren't that leading in Finland anymore.
thats interesting when u say it, i havent think about that tbh. I know about the goalie part but as u said, rarely high end forward talent comes from there. Ihs-Wozniak maybe is a late first rounder as of rn. Ekberg, Eklund and maybe Gästrin will pass him id say

Reactions: Svedu

Gazewithin

Aug 22, 2024
thats interesting when u say it, i havent think about that tbh. I know about the goalie part but as u said, rarely high end forward talent comes from there. Ihs-Wozniak maybe is a late first rounder as of rn. Ekberg, Eklund and maybe Gästrin will pass him id say
Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up around there, but he definitely has work to do if he wants to be a NHLer. His game outside of finishing(both scoring and assisting) is mediocre, and the does not have the toolset to guarantee him being a danger at that level.
I have not seen massive improvement in the last year either, which you could say for Ekberg as well, but at least Ekberg has the "excuse" of being hobbitsized, Wozniak doesn't.

erikhamren

DWDWw
May 7, 2021
Sweden
Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up around there, but he definitely has work to do if he wants to be a NHLer. His game outside of finishing(both scoring and assisting) is mediocre, and the does not have the toolset to guarantee him being a danger at that level.
I have not seen massive improvement in the last year either, which you could say for Ekberg as well, but at least Ekberg has the "excuse" of being hobbitsized, Wozniak doesn't.
I rate Ekberg more, i think he is better dangler and better playmaker but like u said, theres been no massive improvement from both of them. Almtuna and Luleås program seems very mediocre. I have more hope in Ekberg since he's moved over to Canada

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad