F Ivan Demidov - SKA St. Petersburg, KHL (2024, 5th, MTL)

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Please, I implore everyone to stop talking about Michkov. It’s not a good look for anyone. It tars what should be an overwhelming positive discourse in this thread. Why does everyone have to fight? Talk about the actual subject.

I hope you have the self-awareness to realize it's you more than any poster on this site who has been bringing up Michkov in other prospects' threads, specifically in order to denigrate those players.

Reactions: Angler

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Sadly a fairly large group of Hab's fans poisoned the well after the 2023 draft when Michkov wasn't picked by the Hab's and they felt the need to make up reasons for not taking him. This bled over to Michkov's prospect forum thread.

I feel for the Hab's fanbase at large who did nothing and have to face this but it is what it is.:dunno:
To be fair, the offered reasons (contract/russian factor) made no sense then and they still make no sense today.

We will find out one day. Maybe Bobrov is just an idiot, who knows.

wow mods are on it today

Thomas Sowell

Sep 23, 2024
What's happening here is people are having a very rational discussion about the idea that demidov MIGHT be better than michkov and that idea is tearing down the fabric of reality for a few fans who are unable to cope. 😂

It's a perfectly legitimate argument to say " you know I just feel michkov has a bit better IQ, his shot is magnificent and he's probably gonna score more goals, and he's been very highly touted for a really long time and currently at a ppg in the NHL and put up the 2nd best ppg u-20 season in KHL history so I'll go with michkov"

Or

"Demidovs game is more complete, he's got dynamic playmaking abilities, he competes harder, skates faster and dangles like few players I've ever seen and his p/60 is currently a full point and a half above what michkovs was at the same age in the same league and although michkov finished higher in the voting amongst Russian hockey analysts demidov actually got more first place votes, so I'll go demidov"

Those two conversations are from rational human beings with eyes.

They are both incredible talents but anyone that comes on this board and says"I was happy when we drafted reinbacher over michkov🙄 "the gap between them is massive,", "michkov is better than Bedard" 🙄 or either is a "generational talent" 🙄🙄🙄 and then proceeds to gaslight someone with claims of mental instability for thinking rationally then you're incredibly simple to read and embarrassing yourselves.

Here's the truth. They are both absolutely fantastic and both teams are lucky to have these players

Flyers passed on Caufield but got michkov, Habs passed michkov but got demidov, black hawks passed on demidov but got Bedard. What goes around is all round Julien lol

Im done ✌️

Reactions: SannywithoutCompy

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Love Demidov as a prospect, my only concern is that all 15 of his points came in 10 games vs very bad teams and of the 9 games he's played vs teams .500 and over he has no points.

That being said, it also must be pointed out that he's getting on average 14 minutes a game vs the bad teams and only 6 minutes vs the good teams.

It's really frustrating trying to get a read on his development with the way he's being used. He looks like the most offensively gifted player on the team along with Gritsyuk but at the same time he looks completely lost in the DZ. The only way he's going to get better and develop is if they play him more vs the better teams.

I feel for Habs fans having to watch these games not knowing if they're going to give him an opportunity to play as much as he should be.

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
he'll be better then Michkov, more complete game, higher IQ and skill.
Definitely not.....

Higher IQ? 🤣 🤣

What's happening here is people are having a very rational discussion about the idea that demidov MIGHT be better than michkov and that idea is tearing down the fabric of reality for a few fans who are unable to cope. 😂

It's a perfectly legitimate argument to say " you know I just feel michkov has a bit better IQ, his shot is magnificent and he's probably gonna score more goals, and he's been very highly touted for a really long time and currently at a ppg in the NHL and put up the 2nd best ppg u-20 season in KHL history so I'll go with michkov"

Or

"Demidovs game is more complete, he's got dynamic playmaking abilities, he competes harder, skates faster and dangles like few players I've ever seen and his p/60 is currently a full point and a half above what michkovs was at the same age in the same league and although michkov finished higher in the voting amongst Russian hockey analysts demidov actually got more first place votes, so I'll go demidov"

Those two conversations are from rational human beings with eyes.

They are both incredible talents but anyone that comes on this board and says"I was happy when we drafted reinbacher over michkov🙄 "the gap between them is massive,", "michkov is better than Bedard" 🙄 or either is a "generational talent" 🙄🙄🙄 and then proceeds to gaslight someone with claims of mental instability for thinking rationally then you're incredibly simple to read and embarrassing yourselves.

Here's the truth. They are both absolutely fantastic and both teams are lucky to have these players

Flyers passed on Caufield but got michkov, Habs passed michkov but got demidov, black hawks passed on demidov but got Bedard. What goes around is all round Julien lol

Im done ✌️
Well no... it's not a rational thought to think Demidov will be better.

The IQ difference is worlds apart.

Huge Demidov fan but he's two tiers away from Michkov. It's a nonsense comparison

Who knew that a player needs to find his own zone without a flashlight.

Real heroes are 30 goal scorers with a -30.
Have you watched any SKA games?

Demidov has a defensive advantage over no one at this point

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Definitely not.....

Higher IQ? 🤣 🤣

Well no... it's not a rational thought to think Demidov will be better.

The IQ difference is worlds apart.

Huge Demidov fan but he's two tiers away from Michkov. It's a nonsense comparison

Have you watched any SKA games?

Demidov has a defensive advantage over no one at this point
Nice to see that you’re back and still just absolutely making stuff up

Reactions: akz

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
Love Demidov as a prospect, my only concern is that all 15 of his points came in 10 games vs very bad teams and of the 9 games he's played vs teams .500 and over he has no points.

That being said, it also must be pointed out that he's getting on average 14 minutes a game vs the bad teams and only 6 minutes vs the good teams.

It's really frustrating trying to get a read on his development with the way he's being used. He looks like the most offensively gifted player on the team along with Gritsyuk but at the same time he looks completely lost in the DZ. The only way he's going to get better and develop is if they play him more vs the better teams.

I feel for Habs fans having to watch these games not knowing if they're going to give him an opportunity to play as much as he should be.
He's had 5 or less minutes of ice time on multiple games

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad