F Ivan Demidov - SKA St. Petersburg, KHL (2024, 5th, MTL)

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Please, I implore everyone to stop talking about Michkov. It’s not a good look for anyone. It tars what should be an overwhelming positive discourse in this thread. Why does everyone have to fight? Talk about the actual subject.

I hope you have the self-awareness to realize it's you more than any poster on this site who has been bringing up Michkov in other prospects' threads, specifically in order to denigrate those players.

Reactions: Angler

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Sadly a fairly large group of Hab's fans poisoned the well after the 2023 draft when Michkov wasn't picked by the Hab's and they felt the need to make up reasons for not taking him. This bled over to Michkov's prospect forum thread.

I feel for the Hab's fanbase at large who did nothing and have to face this but it is what it is.:dunno:
To be fair, the offered reasons (contract/russian factor) made no sense then and they still make no sense today.

We will find out one day. Maybe Bobrov is just an idiot, who knows.

wow mods are on it today

Reactions: Xirik

Thomas Sowell

Sep 23, 2024
What's happening here is people are having a very rational discussion about the idea that demidov MIGHT be better than michkov and that idea is tearing down the fabric of reality for a few fans who are unable to cope. 😂

It's a perfectly legitimate argument to say " you know I just feel michkov has a bit better IQ, his shot is magnificent and he's probably gonna score more goals, and he's been very highly touted for a really long time and currently at a ppg in the NHL and put up the 2nd best ppg u-20 season in KHL history so I'll go with michkov"

Or

"Demidovs game is more complete, he's got dynamic playmaking abilities, he competes harder, skates faster and dangles like few players I've ever seen and his p/60 is currently a full point and a half above what michkovs was at the same age in the same league and although michkov finished higher in the voting amongst Russian hockey analysts demidov actually got more first place votes, so I'll go demidov"

Those two conversations are from rational human beings with eyes.

They are both incredible talents but anyone that comes on this board and says"I was happy when we drafted reinbacher over michkov🙄 "the gap between them is massive,", "michkov is better than Bedard" 🙄 or either is a "generational talent" 🙄🙄🙄 and then proceeds to gaslight someone with claims of mental instability for thinking rationally then you're incredibly simple to read and embarrassing yourselves.

Here's the truth. They are both absolutely fantastic and both teams are lucky to have these players

Flyers passed on Caufield but got michkov, Habs passed michkov but got demidov, black hawks passed on demidov but got Bedard. What goes around is all round Julien lol

Im done ✌️

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad