F Ivan Demidov - SKA-1946 St.Petersburg, MHL (2024, 5th, MTL)

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I don't know if it's been mentioned in the past 70 pages, but Ivan Demidov is really really good. I broke down some of what makes him so good in this video, if you're interested...

Kaprizov vibes 100%.

He will be a superstar and the best Habs forward with Slafkovsky for very very long time!

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
I don't know if it's been mentioned in the past 70 pages, but Ivan Demidov is really really good. I broke down some of what makes him so good in this video, if you're interested...

Excellent breakdown, kind of flies in the face of the Michkov>Demidov AINEC narrative by some.

Not that it matters, both should be great, just saying though.

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
Dude, Beck's face-off numbers alone make him better.
Beck's "numbers" against teenagers, guys who can't legally drink and have no hair on their balls?

Evans will never be mistaken for Danault but just like him, people continually underrate him and ignore the fact these players are usually thrown in crappy situations (defensive zone starts, unfavourable matchups to keep the pressure off our young forwards and give them opportunities.) He's on a dot against elite players and his numbers are fine, and his overall play is good enough.

Beck couldn't even cut it last season. Let's wait and see where he is at before crapping all over Evans who has been very serviceable for us.

Reactions: Eegs and bert

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
Beck's "numbers" against teenagers, guys who can't legally drink and have no hair on their balls?

Simmer down papi. I'm not exactly sure how his opponents' ball hair situation matters here but Beck's the best face off guy in the CHL. I mean if you had a guy who was the best scorer in Juniors would that not matter to you since the goalies were mostly teenagers?

I mean cool, you love Evans but he's a good but unremarkable 4th line Centre. The more serious the Habs get the more we'll need guys on the bottom lines who make a difference.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Sorry friend, but Ivan is not going to Montreal

Montreal fans have been trying to speak Demidov to Montreal into existence since lottery night.

Even if the hawks don’t take him I doubt he makes it to 5.

But now Demidov is looking like a sure thing to go before their pick, and they are holding onto the glimmer of hope that the draft will fall perfectly into place for them. It won't. If Hawks don't pick him, Ducks will. And in the insane scenario that they both pass on him, Columbus won't.

Alright then.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Simmer down papi. I'm not exactly sure how his opponents' ball hair situation matters here but Beck's the best face off guy in the CHL. I mean if you had a guy who was the best scorer in Juniors would that not matter to you since the goalies were mostly teenagers?

I mean cool, you love Evans but he's a good but unremarkable 4th line Centre. The more serious the Habs get the more we'll need guys on the bottom lines who make a difference.
Jr faceoff numbers mean absolutely nothing against pros. Crosby was the best in the CHL took him years to get over 50% in the NHL. Pinto was over 64% in college highest ever at UND and the highest in college hockey and was under 40% in his first pro season. He's settled in at just over 51% in his last two seasons.

The poster doesn't 'love' Evans. He's just pointing out the obvious. He's a solid player that takes hard matchups. Expecting Beck to instantly better in a role that takes any player years to establish themselves in through reps and experience isn't far fetched in any way.

Beck likely gets there but it's not happening as a rookie.

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
The poster doesn't 'love' Evans. He's just pointing out the obvious. He's a solid player that takes hard matchups. Expecting Beck to instantly better in a role that takes any player years to establish themselves in through reps and experience isn't far fetched in any way.

Beck likely gets there but it's not happening as a rookie.

That's where you lose me. Beck needs reps vs NHL level Centres. Sure Evans would probably get more face off wins this season but who cares? Building a proper team with the young guys growing into their positions is more important. It's not like Evans is some sachem to mentor the kids like Savard, he's just a serviceable young-ish bottom line C.

dave_no

Mar 27, 2006
What are the chances of Demidov becoming Filatov? Same height and weight, both in the minor league draft season with a few games in the KHL, both the same style, offensive with good hands, top 5 draft spots, etc.

Reactions: bert

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
What are the chances of Demidov becoming Filatov? Same height and weight, both in the minor league draft season with a few games in the KHL, both the same style, offensive with good hands, top 5 draft spots, etc.
Same chance of Demidov becoming like Kucherov

Reactions: bert

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Kaprizov is one of the few players that actually pull you out of your seat! He is so dynamic. If that’s Demidov we are going to be serious to contenD with

I think Kaprizov has better shot, and Demidov has better stickhandling, he's gonna be a more entertaining player. Will he be a more effective player (or as effective, which isn't bad as well) we shall see.

Reactions: Mrb1p

DaPhazz

Jun 30, 2016
enjoy, this is the most exciting thing the Habs have experienced in the last 30 years

Patetic 😂

This post LOL

1721761331054.png

Reactions: EveryDay

JIMVINNY

Nov 9, 2007
Next level bait right there
Not my comment, but how so? I would argue that Kucherov is a late second rounder who turned into a superstar, while Filatov is a top-10 pick that didn't quite work out. That might not be what the original guy was arguing, but in this aspect, I would think a late second-round superstar would be less common than a top 10 bust.

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
Next level bait right there
Not bating whatsoever. I just think the comment was silly to suggest that Demidov, or most other players for that matter, has the same chance of becoming one of the best players of his generation as it is of busting. Very few players reach Kucherov’s level, while countless players end up busting. Those odds are far from the same.

Do I think Demidov will be a bust? Nope, but that wasn’t the point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad