F Ivan Demidov - SKA St. Petersburg, KHL (2024, 5th, MTL)

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Honestly Habs fans should expect perhaps a 60-70 point scorer who won't be good defensively.

Not awful for a 5th overall. If he produces even close to Suzuki it would be a miracle.

There's a reason he dropped to 5th overall and no it's not the russian effect.
If you say so

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Honestly Habs fans should expect perhaps a 60-70 point scorer who won't be good defensively.

Not awful for a 5th overall. If he produces even close to Suzuki it would be a miracle.

There's a reason he dropped to 5th overall and no it's not the russian effect.
Champion of reports.

I want this too.

Demidov is 40 points third liner for PP.

Celebrini has lower ceiling and will be outplayed by Smith. 55 points without any breakout talent.

Lindstrom doesn't have playmaking vision - he is just a grinder with average scoring ability.

Levshunov is belorussian. How many top pair defensemen Belorussia produced in the last 20 years? If he will be NHLer - thats luck.

Sennecke will win three cups in a row. In AHL.

Iginla will be a captain. Of Calgary as a long term third liner. Will be traded because of his 35 points ceiling isn't what gms will be happy to see.

Its a weak draft. More weak than previous one when Chicago drafted Bedard at least. Even without defensive game future winger Bedard will peak at 75 points as a power play producer. Its not that fun but at least better than what teams drafted on 2024 draft.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
didn’t put a ceiling on it . I simply said if he turned out to be a 70 pt guy that wouldn’t be a horrendous result .

Suzuki was nearly a ppg guy this past year . Try harder to make this outcome a terrible result …not much for details huh ?
You think it would be a miracle for Demidov to be nearly ppg? Lmfao

Not much for living in reality huh?

Reactions: Michoulicious

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
You think it would be a miracle for Demidov to be nearly ppg? Lmfao

Not much for living in reality huh?
Jesus dude follow the conversation. I didn’t say he’d be lucky to do anything . I simply pointed out that a 70 point forward wouldn’t be a disaster result for a 5th overall talent . A ppg forward would be a pretty ideal result . But sure keep feeling slighted .

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
I didn’t put a ceiling on it . I simply said if he turned out to be a 70 pt guy that wouldn’t be a horrendous result .

Suzuki was nearly a ppg guy this past year . Try harder to make this outcome a terrible result …not much for details huh ?
Yes, but the guy with the initial mention of "70 pt guy" was. Not sure why you and other posters need to push the brakes all of a sudden on Demidov's offensive potential. Actually, I think I know....

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Jesus dude follow the conversation. I didn’t say he’d be lucky to do anything . I simply pointed out that a 70 point forward wouldn’t be a disaster result for a 5th overall talent . A ppg forward would be a pretty ideal result . But sure keep feeling slighted .
So you just can’t comprehend the posts you’re responding to lmfao yikes

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
I Have never seen you in the habs forum.

Tell me why you dont think Demidov is generational?
Generational prospects are drafted once in a generation and they are never drafted 5th overall. I'm quite active in the Habs board and I'm sure alot of people will recognize me, I just don't partake in ridiculous topics like this one. Well I don't usually lol, anyways, have a good one buddy.

I mean, bad posters will make bad posts. That doesn't have anything to do with fandom.
I agree but since our fanbase if bigger, we have more bad posters. Just basic math. I just don't understand how anyone can think a guy who was drafted 5th overall a month ago is generational, it's delusional.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Generational prospects are drafted once in a generation and they are never drafted 5th overall. I'm quite active in the Habs board and I'm sure alot of people will recognize me, I just don't partake in ridiculous topics like this one. Well I don't usually lol, anyways, have a good one buddy.

I agree but since our fanbase if bigger, we have more bad posters. Just basic math. I just don't understand how anyone can think a guy who was drafted 5th overall a month ago is generational, it's delusional.

Your answer: Well the media dint tell me hes generational therefore hes not, and also he got drafted 5th overall so he cant be, just cant be girl... i wear pink sun glasses so the sky must be pink, it just is...

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
Your answer: Well the media dint tell me hes generational therefore hes not, and also he got drafted 5th overall so he cant be, just cant be girl... i wear pink sun glasses so the sky must be pink, it just is...
Not sure what the hell I just read but let me put this simply. At this point Demidov is either a generational PROSPECT or he isn't. The only answer is NO, he is not a generational PROSPECT for the reasons I mentioned in my previous post. Stop with the nonsense.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Not sure what the hell I just read but let me put this simply. At this point Demidov is either a generational PROSPECT or he isn't. The only answer is NO, he is not a generational PROSPECT for the reasons I mentioned in my previous post. Stop with the nonsense.

Again your reasons are that he wasn't drafted 1st? What kind of an answer is this?

In this new definition of generational talent set by our hawks friends, Demidov is generational and more.

Hes got the speed, the skill, the size and the IQ

And him being drafted 5th overall has nothing to do with how good he is.

It could of been Ovenchkin he wasn't going first this year or last.

• Haha
Reactions: Favster

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
Well, Jagr was drafted 5th overall and I think Habs fans all agree Demidov's ceiling is higher than Jagr.
I understand where you're coming from with this. Jagr became a generational player but was he considered a generational prospect? No. Do I hope Demidov becomes a generational player? As a Habs fan there's nothing more I want.

That said, with the information we have no about Demidov he absolutely is not a generational prospect. We can't see what his future holds, all we can talk about is his status regarding the information we have at this point. Projecting him as a generational player with what we have now is nonsensical.

EDIT - I had missed the bolded in my original reply. What the hell is going on in here, it's ridiculous lol.

Last edited:

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
That's because the word is used too liberally.

There's like, 3 generational players in the NHL at the moment, and two of them are over 35 years old. You know who they are.

Well, Jagr was drafted 5th overall and I think Habs fans all agree Demidov's ceiling is higher than Jagr.
Wat?

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
Again your reasons are that he wasn't drafted 1st? What kind of an answer is this?

In this new definition of generational talent set by our hawks friends, Demidov is generational and more.

Are you saying Ovechkin wouldn't have gone 1st overall in that draft? Give your head a shake my friend.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada

I love all Habs fans. But.....Generational? And don't say, "prove to me he is not". Making a claim that he is, is more of a "prove to me that he is" kind of statement.

Honestly....what do you see in Demidov, after playing in a Russian junior league, not playing international competition and not having yet set foot on the ice with NHLers to put him into a category with Howe, Orr, Gretzky, Lemieux, Crosby, Ovechkin, McDavid?

Don't get me wrong...I pray to sweet baby Jesus that he is generational....but until we see a whole hell of a lot more from him, that kind of bold claim is insanity. Hell, we can't even call Bedard generational at this point.

On a percentage based scale of generational talent, I'd say Bedard has a 25% chance of becoming one. Demidov maybe 1%.

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
That's because the word is used too liberally.

There's like, 3 generational players in the NHL at the moment, and two of them are over 35 years old. You know who they are.

Wat?
These are the people we're dealing with. Time for a PSA.

Habs Fans, we've been lacking an offensive superstar for 30 years but for the love of god, don't let that cloud your judgement. It's exhausting and makes us look like we don't know anything about the league, just our organization.

I love all Habs fans. But.....Generational? And don't say, "prove to me he is not". Making a claim that he is, is more of a "prove to me that he is" kind of statement.

Honestly....what do you see in Demidov, after playing in a Russian junior league, not playing international competition and not having yet set foot on the ice with NHLers to put him into a category with Howe, Orr, Gretzky, Lemieux, Crosby, Ovechkin, McDavid?

Don't get me wrong...I pray to sweet baby Jesus that he is generational....but until we see a whole hell of a lot more from him, that kind of bold claim is insanity. Hell, we can't even call Bedard generational at this point.

On a percentage based scale of generational talent, I'd say Bedard has a 25% chance of becoming one. Demidov maybe 1%.
Thanks for the rational thinking, we need more of this in our fanbase.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
These are the people we're dealing with. Time for a PSA.

Habs Fans, we've been lacking an offensive superstar for 30 years but for the love of god, don't let that cloud your judgement. It's exhausting and makes us look like we don't know anything about the league, just our organization.

Thanks for the rational thinking, we need more of this in our fanbase.
lol...just don't get me started on Slaf....ill take you on an irrational ride aboard the crazy train!

(kind of joking)

:sarcasm:

• Haha

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022

Mmmk same thing goes for Bedard, what did he do in the whl to prove hes generational? Score lots of points vs weaker opponnents, team playing for him rather than playing to win?

What did we see from him in the nhl? How did he get his pts this year? He was overly used in pp and in all offensive situations, he dint back check etc. If you analysed Bedard's game you knew that what was happening was not scalable in to the Nhl and once in the NHL he was treated like a queen.

Demidov on the other hand is showing everything a true generational talent can do. He scores lots of points, he's involved in many aspect of the game and covers more territory.

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
Mmmk same thing goes for Bedard, what did he do in the whl to prove hes generational? Score lots of points vs weaker opponnents, team playing for him rather than playing to win?

What did we see from him in the nhl? How did he get his pts this year? He was overly used in pp and in all offensive situations, he dint back check etc. If you analysed Bedard's game you knew that what was happening was not scalable in to the Nhl and once in the NHL he was treated like a queen.

Demidov on the other hand is showing everything a true generational talent can do. He scores lots of points, he's involved in many aspect of the game and covers more territory.
Attaboy I’m as hyped as it gets to see Demidov land in Montreal, but there is no way he comes close to Bedard as a prospect.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada

Dude.....I didn't say Bedard was generational. I do believe based on his career thus far that he has shown more generational potential than Demidov. You realize you are in left field here right? Like.....if we did a poll out of all fans on this board, that your opinion would not only be the minority, but likely the only one, right?

Like....I am willing to bet my life savings that if we did a poll of NHL scouts, that your opinion would be shared by probably zero of them, right?

Just stop man. If you can't acknowledge or even understand how off the wall your argument is, there is truly only two explanations....you are trolling.....or you are insane.

Ad

Upcoming events

• France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,632.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Israel vs Italy
    Israel vs Italy
    Wagers: 8
    Staked: $30,594.00