F Ivan Demidov - SKA St. Petersburg, KHL (2024, 5th, MTL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Dude.....I didn't say Bedard was generational. I do believe based on his career thus far that he has shown more generational potential than Demidov. You realize you are in left field here right? Like.....if we did a poll out of all fans on this board, that your opinion would not only be the minority, but likely the only one, right?

Like....I am willing to bet my life savings that if we did a poll of NHL scouts, that your opinion would be shared by probably zero of them, right?

Just stop man. If you can't acknowledge or even understand how off the wall your argument is, there is truly only two explanations....you are trolling.....or you are insane.
I did a poll and 80% thought Bedard was most likely to be gen and about 5% thought Demidov

If we did the same poll last year it would have been 100% for Bedard.

Bedard's stock is dropping and the only knock on Demidov right now is that hes in russia and its hard to scout him.

Also i would like to remind you that the habs organisation said calling him a superstar was a understatement...what does that mean to you? That means they also think hes a generational talent and THEY have scouted him intensly...so arw you saying the habs headscouts are trolling us too?

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Also i would like to remind you that the habs organisation said calling him a superstar was a understatement...what does that mean to you? That means they also think hes a generational talent and THEY have scouted him intensly...so arw you saying the habs headscouts are trolling us too?
Really? This is where you are going with this? Did they say in a serious way that he is generational? Did they sit down and have a discussion about how this kid is in a tier with McDavid? They did not....they said in a moment of excitement and in service of pumping up their pick, that it is an "understatement" to call him a superstar. The context of that comment is important, and I would not take that in the literal sense you are taking it.

They are excited....so am I. I trust our scouts. I believe they believe in him. I believe that Demidov is going to be an excellent player, with potential to be a top 20 forward in the league. I don't believe he is going to be a McDavid level talent. I don't believe he is going to be a Bedard level talent for that matter. Maybe he gets there, and I will celebrate that I am wrong.

Generational.....lmao....take this shit over to our board, so we don't have to suffer the fans of other teams with this nonsense. I'm done discussing Demi on the main board thread with you.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Generational.....lmao....take this shit over to our board, so we don't have to suffer the fans of other teams with this nonsense. I'm done discussing Demi on the main board thread with you.

Thats a whole lot of entitlement you're displaying online.
Did i distract you from your workshop work?

Very cold behaviour

• Haha
Reactions: waitin425

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
I did a poll and 80% thought Bedard was most likely to be gen and about 5% thought Demidov

Bedard's stock is dropping and the only knock on Demidov right now is that hes in russia and its hard to scout him.

You are irrational, Demidov is simply not a generational talent, nothing that he's done as a prospect would deem him as such, stay in your fantasy world. Just because your own fans flood the board and vote for Demidov in polls irrationally doesn't change that, yikes bro, bad look.

Reactions: TheKrebsCycle

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
I Have never seen you in the habs forum.

Tell me why you dont think Demidov is generational?
And u say he his based on what the 5 minutes highlight videos u saw on youtube ? i can make Pezzetta look good with a few clips from a game

We all love Demidov he’s probably the best prospect we drafted in years but nobody called him a generational talent Celebrini isnt even viewed has a generational talent and everyone including the Habs had him over Ivan we’re all very exited about him but chillax ( Price voice )

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
And u say he his based on what the 5 minutes highlight videos u saw on youtube ? i can make Pezzetta look good with a few clips from a game

We all love Demidov he’s probably the best prospect we drafted in years but nobody called him a generational talent Celebrini isnt even viewed has a generational talent and everyone including the Habs had him over Ivan we’re all very exited about him but chillax ( Price voice )

Tell me why you dont think Demidov is generational?

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005

C'mon man, Demidov is no more generational than Bedard and you know it. Do you want to look as silly as all the delusional posters from last season who were adamantly declaring Bedard generational?

It sounds like your point is that there is a world where Demidov could become the more impactful NHL'er, which I don't disagree with. Demidov's ceiling is certainly higher than Bedard's floor, but it probably isn't any higher than Bedard's midpoint, so it's probably pretty unlikely that Demidov becomes better.
There are also some legitimate concerns about Demidov's skating style and foot speed translating to the NHL. He's not the biggest guy so I think it's a valid critique, but I think he can overcome it.
Appeal to authority isn't a very convincing way to make your point. This is all we heard last year about Bedard - the consensus among the sport's "authority figures" was that Bedard a McDavid level prospect.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
i just told u that even Celebrini isnt viewed has a generational prospect and everyone including the Habs had him over Demidov…

This is the thing right, everyone i ask for a reason why they don't believe Demidov is generational are not able to point one thing that knocks him out of the generational talks.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
C'mon man, Demidov is no more generational than Bedard and you know it. Do you want to look as silly as all the delusional posters from last season who were adamantly declaring Bedard generational?

It sounds like your point is that there is a world where Demidov could become the more impactful NHL'er, which I don't disagree with. Demidov's ceiling is certainly higher than Bedard's floor, but it probably isn't any higher than Bedard's midpoint, so it's probably pretty unlikely that Demidov becomes better.

There are also some legitimate concerns about Demidov's skating style and foot speed translating to the NHL. He's not the biggest guy so I think it's a valid critique, but I think he can overcome it.

Appeal to authority isn't a very convincing way to make your point. This is all we heard last year about Bedard - the consensus among the sport's "authority figures" was that Bedard a McDavid level prospect.

The guys here saying Bedard was generational and those saying Demidov is not have 1 thing in common, they don't know what they're taking about and just spew out stuff they heard in the media and online.

I now asked 2 guys here to tell me why they don't think Demidov is gen and they said because he was drafted 5th OA. Not because of his skating or shooting or passing... no... just because he was picked 5th.

You remember probably i was here debating that Bedard was not generational and i was stating my opinions as to why.

Im doing the same thing today calling Demidov Generational because of what i have seen and i am using the same benchmark they used for Bedard. If Bedard was generational last year than Demidov sure is generational today and in my opinion definitely has a higher ceilling.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
only thing I’m confident in is that he’s not NHL ready atm

if you look at the 2:16 mark, that knee looks brutal, it's almost August and he's not skated since the injury on 4-23 at least not that I've heard of. So with the KHL season starting in 40 days, he might not even be ready for the season. For someone that badly needs to work on his lower body strength in order to be ready for the NHL, it sucks that he had this injury since it's costing him his entire off-season and likely at least some preseason action.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
"I don't want to look up the info and facts about the player and you do it for me", live in fantasy world MTL fan. You're not worth the time and effort, your POV is absolutely insane.

Buddy you're the one challenging my argument.

its up to you to prove me wrong if you dont want to thrn dont engage

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
To be fair whoever Montreal drafted woulda been seen as potentially generational, by that part of their fan base
It’s just too much . He’s not a Bedard / Crosby /Mcdavid level guy . There is not one generational skill that he’s shown at any level or in any way to this point . The fact that people are saying he could be a star and that’s an insult … well jeez that’s something

Reactions: HeadLiceHatty

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan

Simply watch the player, you clearly just come here to troll, your own fans are laughing at you, yikes buddy. The guys a great prospect, it's a shame people like you make it almost impossible to wanna cheer for him as a neutral fan.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Not this guy sayin no one will tell me why he isnt generational, but when hes asked to say why he think he is considered generational the guy says i dunno you tell me 😭

Last edited:
Reactions: Nico Cauzuki

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Simply watch the player, you clearly just come here to troll, your own fans are laughing at you, yikes buddy. The guys a great prospect, it's a shame people like you make it almost impossible to wanna cheer for him as a neutral fan.

I have watched him way more than you i can tell. Any way why are people getting triggered on this?

Am i now allowed to think what i want and post it?

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
The guys here saying Bedard was generational and those saying Demidov is not have 1 thing in common, they don't know what they're taking about and just spew out stuff they heard in the media and online.
Bedard is not generational
Demidov is not generational
I now asked 2 guys here to tell me why they don't think Demidov is gen and they said because he was drafted 5th OA. Not because of his skating or shooting or passing... no... just because he was picked 5th.
It's his skating, footspeed, and lack of size/power.
You remember probably i was here debating that Bedard was not generational and i was stating my opinions as to why. Im doing the same thing today calling Demidov Generational because of what i have seen and i am using the same benchmark they used for Bedard.
And it's making you look just as silly as the people using that term for Bedard. Is that your goal?
If Bedard was generational last year
But he wasn't, as you properly pointed out last year.
than Demidov sure is generational today and in my opinion definitely has a higher ceilling.
I don't see a world where he has a higher ceiling. Bedard's a flawed player in many ways but still has an incredible skill set. If moved to the wing of a playmaking 2 way C he could legit score 50-60 goals in a season.

That's not how it works, the burden of proof is on the person making the claim, not the person challenging the claim.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad