F Gavin McKenna - Medicine Hat Tigers, WHL (2026 Draft)

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
I mean, there is nothing wrong with being a winger. Personally he does not remind me of Laf in play style and would be more like a Marner or Kucherov type winger. I don't think he has it in him to play the physical style of Laf, he is more cerebral and calculated. But nothing inherently wrong with that kind of player being a winger.

But I also think he could/should at least be tried at C. He has all the skills offensively to be a Centre.

I'm not comparing their styles really. Just as a high end prospect that stays a winger.

I'm saying it would serve him better to move to the middle, if he wants to.

I can only think of past no. 1 picks as pure wingers as Slaf or Laf. Most are centres.

Plastic Joseph

Unregistered User
Mar 21, 2014
I'm not comparing their styles really. Just as a high end prospect that stays a winger.

I'm saying it would serve him better to move to the middle, if he wants to.

I can only think of past no. 1 picks as pure wingers as Slaf or Laf. Most are centres.
Ovi, Kovalchuk, Hall Nash, Yakupov are some others since 2000

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
He's back
Was he really ever away?

Reminds me of the Ethan Belchetz has to be in consideration for #1 now because of 2 games.

That being said Belchetz is an excellent prospect but you know what I mean.

2,4 or 8 games in the middle of the season just doesn't seem as sexy or catastrophic like a start to a season to many when there is really no difference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad