F Gavin McKenna - Medicine Hat Tigers, WHL (2026 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
When people say 15 year old season, they mean D-3. Casually, 18 year old season = D season, 17 = d -1, 16 = d-2, 19 year old = D+1 etc

Im referring to McKenna the prospect on a prospect forum, of course me (and everyone else here) is referring to his D-3 season when we say 15 and are comparing to other players in their D-3 season.

You can keep dying on your hill but you are talking about something different than everyone else.
That’s unbelievable reasoning :laugh: Let’s just throw all common sense out the window and create a template that doesn’t apply to ~75+ of a draft year. Drafted in your 17 year old season? That’s actually your D-1 because…

Of course guys with late birthdays have better “15” year old seasons, you’re literally not allowed to play in Junior in your 15 year old season, barring exceptional

Jeez, Celebrini is going to be playing in the NHL in his draft year, that’s amazing

For a reference, 25%ish of the draft were drafted in their 18 year old season, that number is essentially stagnant through every draft.

68ish% are drafted in their 17 year old season.

Last edited:
Reactions: LeProspector

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
That’s unbelievable reasoning :laugh: Let’s just throw all common sense out the window and create a template that doesn’t apply to ~75+ of a draft year. Drafted in your 17 year old season? That’s actually your D-1 because…

Of course guys with late birthdays have better “15” year old seasons, you’re literally not allowed to play in Junior in your 15 year old season, barring exceptional

Jeez, Celebrini is going to be playing in the NHL in his draft year, that’s amazing

For a reference, 25%ish of the draft were drafted in their 18 year old season, that number is essentially stagnant through every draft.

68ish% are drafted in their 17 year old season.
I typod that whole thing.

I meant 17 year old as the draft year, but you knew what I meant.

• Haha
Reactions: BondraTime

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
When people say 15 year old season, they mean D-2. Casually, 18 year old season = D season, 17 = d -1, 16 = d-2, 19 year old = D+1 etc

Im referring to McKenna the prospect on a prospect forum, of course me (and everyone else here) is referring to his D-3 season when we say 15 and are comparing to other players in their D-3 season.

You can keep dying on your hill but you are talking about something different than everyone else.

Edit: 17 is D, 16 is D-1 etc. Y'all know what I meant lol.

That's why most people use the "D" system instead of whatever age a person is. Outside of a few people here, no one uses age to age comparisons. The D system eliminates arguments about 16,17,18 or whatever.

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
That's why most people use the "D" system instead of whatever age a person is. Outside of a few people here, no one uses age to age comparisons. The D system eliminates arguments about 16,17,18 or whatever.
Well, it certainly tries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad