F Gavin McKenna - Medicine Hat Tigers, WHL (2026 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England
Is he better than Bedard at same age ? Damn …
No, I wouldn’t say so. Has more talent around him in MH than Regina had Bédard’s 16 year old year. I would also say that McKenna’s game lacks a generational trait that Bédard’s game had (shot). That being said still a great player, but I’m not as convinced to the transition to the NHL will be as easy for him as it has been for Bédard

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
No, I wouldn’t say so. Has more talent around him in MH than Regina had Bédard’s 16 year old year. I would also say that McKenna’s game lacks a generational trait that Bédard’s game had (shot). That being said still a great player, but I’m not as convinced to the transition to the NHL will be as easy for him as it has been for Bédard

I think his vision is generational. His hockey IQ is off the charts.

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
Obviously it's not a direct comparison, but I have heard some pretty old hockey minds compare him to a 16 year old...wait for it - Wayne Gretzky.

Obviously, he isn't the next Wayne Gretzky, but there are similarities. Both are lanky kids, neither one stands out on ice with McDavid/MacKinnon skating or Matthews/Bedard shots. He has a ton of deception and incredible IQ. His hands are also extremely good.

I would echo what others have said that he *could* be a kucherov type player someday. Long way to go, but he has been dominant at every age for multiple years now, borderline generational even

macbowes

Aug 1, 2022
Victoria
I think there's a chance he moves to C next year, which would elevate his draft stock that much further. He's going to get an extra year of development in the CHL due to his birthday, which would give him time to fully transition. MHT will have a ton of great Fs next season, many of whom could play W.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I think there's a chance he moves to C next year, which would elevate his draft stock that much further. He's going to get an extra year of development in the CHL due to his birthday, which would give him time to fully transition. MHT will have a ton of great Fs next season, many of whom could play W.
he has never played a center position, this makes no sense.

macbowes

Aug 1, 2022
Victoria
he has never played a center position, this makes no sense.
He's played C in the Canada Winter Games, although, his team was obviously much worse than he's used to. The only reason he doesn't play C in the WHL is because he's so young, and they are a good team with Lindstrom/Mrsic. He's played a lot of C in the CSSHL as well.

Reactions: Bubbles

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
He's played C in the Canada Winter Games, although, his team was obviously much worse than he's used to. The only reason he doesn't play C in the WHL is because he's so young, and they are a good team with Lindstrom/Mrsic. He's played a lot of C in the CSSHL as well.

He will have a chance at C with Wiesblatt aging out and possibly Lindstrom in the NHL. Mrsic never played centre on the Tigers.

Obviously it's not a direct comparison, but I have heard some pretty old hockey minds compare him to a 16 year old...wait for it - Wayne Gretzky.

Obviously, he isn't the next Wayne Gretzky, but there are similarities. Both are lanky kids, neither one stands out on ice with McDavid/MacKinnon skating or Matthews/Bedard shots. He has a ton of deception and incredible IQ. His hands are also extremely good.

I would echo what others have said that he *could* be a kucherov type player someday. Long way to go, but he has been dominant at every age for multiple years now, borderline generational even

Yeah I was going to mention Gretzky but I don't want to throw that grenade out there. :sarcasm:

lawrence

May 19, 2012

cousin of Connor Bedard. Dude has 83 points in 52 games.

in context.

connor mcdavid had 66 in 63 as a 15 year old.

bedard had 28 in 16 games as a 16 year old.

Mckenna is also already 6'0 feet. Look for him to be around 6'2 or even 6'3 by the time hes 18?

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017

cousin of Connor Bedard. Dude has 83 points in 52 games.

in context.

connor mcdavid had 66 in 63 as a 15 year old.

bedard had 28 in 16 games as a 16 year old.

Mckenna is also already 6'0 feet. Look for him to be around 6'2 or even 6'3 by the time hes 18?

1. Already a thread

2. The term cousin is very loose. They are related very distantly by marriage. The first time the two met was last year in a game lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad