F Filip Zadina - Halifax Mooseheads, QMJHL (2018, 6th, DET)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Center or not I think the Habs would regret to pass on this guy. Too much talent to not take him at 3 imo.

Main problem with Zadina is habs have left wings up their yazoo. I know that's a reason not to draft a guy but you have to figure that may factor into their choice if it's close between 2 guys

Reactions: Aldo Montoya

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Are you actually expecting Zadina to step in and produce as Montreal’s top LW?
We do have Drouin, Galchenyuk, Lehkonen, Scherbak, Hudon, Byron, Gallagher etc still, but regardless if we are dealing Pacioretty we are likely going to be picking high in next years draft anyway...

Reactions: Acadien86

MC94

May 13, 2018
We do have Drouin, Galchenyuk, Lehkonen, Scherbak, Hudon, Byron, Gallagher etc still, but regardless if we are dealing Pacioretty we are likely going to be picking high in next years draft anyway...
Patches is as good as gone they already have price and weber signed big money into their late 30s we cant afford to give pacioretty an extension so hes at the very least gone at the trade dealine next season

elitebottomsix

Feb 19, 2016
I have a feeling he drops out of the top 5. Think habs and sens end up going with a D and yotes chose Wahlstrom. Wings snatch him up at 6 imo.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
wouldn't say "so much" hype, he's just one of the top 3 players and tsn's sportsnet will try to find players to talk about and it's those 3 guys.

In terms of Ehlers, Ehlers had Drouin as a teammate, certainly helped his numbers. The Following year he had Mier to play with. Zadina has really nobody to run up his stats with. Give him a Drouin and Zadina would have ripped the QMJHL apart. Zadina also has the highest (shot contribution to his team) among CHL draft eligibles fowards, higher then Svech. in other words his team is getting more shots on goal when he's out on the ice then when Svechnikov is for his linemates. Truly a Grade A offensive generating machine.

he will have him in the NHL !

Reactions: Acadien86

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I think (if I remember correctly) that Craig Button said Kotkaniemi would be #5 on his next list, or something of that sort. FWIW.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
lol Barkov was always consider in the top 5 ! Yes Drouin was higher on the list but Barkov was not far ! nothing to do with Kotkaniemi who is in the top 10 on some list

Well Barkov > Kotkaniemi and Drouin > Zadina at that time. So the analogy is not that far fetched. I guess it depends on how you value Kotkaniemi. I have no issues considering him at 4 or 5 and if he can be considered there .. there is enough to like to consider him at 3 as well. And I guess that depends on how close you think Zadina is to the rest of the pack. If you think that gap is large... you will not agree, but if you think the gap is smaller, a number of other factors can come into play.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Barkov had 48 points in 53 games in his SM-Liiga draft season. Kotkaniemi had 29 in 57. Not having seen him play and just going on the numbers, that's a pretty large gap.

That's smoke and mirrors gamesmanship by management of Ottawa/Arizona in hoping Zadina falls to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad