F Dominik Petr - Brandon Wheat Kings, WHL (2023 Draft)

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Petr was today on-ice with U18 team. This was his first time since 1.9. He was wearing a "non-contact" jersey.
Thanks.. so frustrating with all the injuries. I think he could've been a first rounder if the health stayed. Now I'm thinking Rounds 3 to 6 if at all.

Reactions: GettingYourMoms

JustAPleb

Feb 14, 2019
Still with U18 team but now without "non-contact" jersey. Maybe he will get a couple of games before 2023. He should be back at least in January.

He's skating is currently terrible so that will maybe slow down things.

Reactions: Czechboy

JustAPleb

Feb 14, 2019
And today he´s playing in U20 SM-sarja. Line mates are Miro Järvenpää (last 10 games 7+11) and Juuso Aaltonen (last 10 games 8+8).

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
He is our Tyler Benson... high pedigree (in Czech) and really bad run of injuries in 2 very important years! Benson still isn't a full timer (and currently recovering from another injury) and had to change his game from skill to agitator. Hoping Petr has better luck... starts scoring and gets drafted. He really is a damn fine player that had NHL potential written all over him.

JustAPleb

Feb 14, 2019
Too bad to say this but he's playing worse than last season. He's not giving anything for team currently and mostly trying just survive on ice.

Hopefully upcoming international tournament will give him some self-confidence. From January coaches are waiting some results from him. Lukko would want to put him with Liiga-team in summer trainings but currently looking that's not gonna happen.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Too bad to say this but he's playing worse than last season. He's not giving anything for team currently and mostly trying just survive on ice.

Hopefully upcoming international tournament will give him some self-confidence. From January coaches are waiting some results from him. Lukko would want to put him with Liiga-team in summer trainings but currently looking that's not gonna happen.
That sucks, trending to be a good talent ruined by injuries.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Give it some time. He’s coming off a major injury.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Czechs are 2 and 0 at a U18 tourney in Switzerland. Petr with 2 points in 2 games. We've beat the German's and Finn's! I maintain he'll be a late round steal!

Reactions: Realgud

JustAPleb

Feb 14, 2019
Czechs are 2 and 0 at a U18 tourney in Switzerland. Petr with 2 points in 2 games. We've beat the German's and Finn's! I maintain he'll be a late round steal!
And today first goal since 1.8. - 20 games ago. This is a BIG thing for self-confidence.

Reactions: Czechboy

JustAPleb

Feb 14, 2019
He's still only trying just survive on-ice.

Some 5vs5 stats:

- PME/min (against TPS 7.1. & JYP 13.1.) — -5.9. Worst of the team.

- CF% (against TPS 7.1. & JYP 13.1.) — 27.8%. Worst of the team.

- FF% (against TPS 7.1. & JYP 13.1.) — 30.8%. Worst of the team.

- PDO (against TPS 7.1. & JYP 13.1.) — 75.0%. Worst of the team.

Of course next season would be better but he should really think about changing league. FIN U20 isn't easy league. Games against to the top teams are very tactical and organized. Currently he´s having big problems playing against them even in a small role. Czech Extraliga would be better for him to next season but if he likes challenges of course he should stay.

(PME/min = Player momentum effect per minute, CF% = Corsi For percentage, FF% = Fenwick For percentage & PDO = Team on-ice shot + save percentage)

Last edited:

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
He's still only trying just survive on-ice.

Some 5vs5 stats:

- PME/min (against TPS 7.1. & JYP 13.1.) — -5.9. Worst of the team.

- CF% (against TPS 7.1. & JYP 13.1.) — 27.8%. Worst of the team.

- FF% (against TPS 7.1. & JYP 13.1.) — 30.8%. Worst of the team.

- PDO (against TPS 7.1. & JYP 13.1.) — 75.0%. Worst of the team.

Of course next season would be better but he should really think about changing league. FIN U20 isn't easy league. Games against to the top teams are very tactical and organized. Currently he´s having big problems playing against them even in a small role. Czech Extraliga would be better for him to next season but if he likes challenges of course he should stay.

(PME/min = Player momentum effect per minute, CF% = Corsi For percentage, FF% = Fenwick For percentage & PDO = Team on-ice shot + save percentage)
I think he's hampered by all the injuries. I have a huge bias for him though so keep that in mind. I think he slowly gets going and shows up at the U18's and puts in a very good showing and that will help his confidence and draft stock. He will be a late pick steal IMO if he can stay healthy. I think he'll be impactful at the WJHC next year in Sweden too. I hope he stays in Finland and guts it out.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
He continues in Lukko at least two more seasons. Official now.
He played for us in top line with sale this weekend but everytime I go to EP his games played hasn't gone up? Not U18 or U20???? Is he a healthy scratch? I honestly thought next update would be going back to Czech.

JustAPleb

Feb 14, 2019
After the international break, Petr has been good in U20- and now U18-team. He and his good friend Eetu Levänen was pretty much dominating in U18 SM-sarja quarterfinals and Lukko continues U18-season in semifinals. Levänen has in two games 2+2 and Petr 2+1 but both could have 5+ points.

I think he's ready to be 1C in U18 Worlds. I met he's dad too in this week and he was a nice person. I understand now why Dominik is so nice to everybody. He have captain potential.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
After the international break, Petr has been good in U20- and now U18-team. He and his good friend Eetu Levänen was pretty much dominating in U18 SM-sarja quarterfinals and Lukko continues U18-season in semifinals. Levänen has in two games 2+2 and Petr 2+1 but both could have 5+ points.

I think he's ready to be 1C in U18 Worlds. I met he's dad too in this week and he was a nice person. I understand now why Dominik is so nice to everybody. He have captain potential.
Nice to hear good news! It's been all bad news for a year now.lol

Reactions: Goodman68

JustAPleb

Feb 14, 2019
He ended season with winning U18 silver medal. Played in U18 playoffs very well with great self-confidence. Hopefully he continues playing like this in U18 Worlds.

Reactions: czech and Czechboy

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
He ended season with winning U18 silver medal. Played in U18 playoffs very well with great self-confidence. Hopefully he continues playing like this in U18 Worlds.
Happy to hear good news of my former fav prospect of this draft! It went so poorly.. 2 years ago it was looking like Petr, Dvorak and Sale would be first rounders. Then Hrabal rose up and I thought we might get 4. Not it's just Sale, an injured Dvorak, a detrailed Petr and a 2nd or 3rd round Hrabal.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
I thought he was good today, I don’t see one overwhelming ability but rather a player who is all around solid. He made a few turnovers but other than that was skating well and engaging physically. I definitely think he will be drafted, but I do think he should head over to NA next year and play in the CHL. Get him lots of ice time and see the growth

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
I thought he was good today, I don’t see one overwhelming ability but rather a player who is all around solid. He made a few turnovers but other than that was skating well and engaging physically. I definitely think he will be drafted, but I do think he should head over to NA next year and play in the CHL. Get him lots of ice time and see the growth
Must have been watching a different game, Petr had like one good play and that's being generous. Should be relegated to different line, but being coach's son he's probably glued to Sale till the end.

Reactions: GettingYourMoms

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad