F Dmitri Zavgorodniy - Admiral Vladivostok, KHL (2018, 198th, CAL released)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
All those other things are nice but his shot/release alone is world-class and will put him in high contention with scouts.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
If he plays in the Q, stays healthy , he will light it up.. Definite late 1st round potential.

The problem with the idiots is they go to the CHL become "late 1st round" picks and never become the players they could become at home.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Kravtsov is just a few months older and playing for Traktor and scoring. Zavgorodniy, on the other side, doesn't have a place on Avangard roster, otherwise he would have stayed in Omsk.

Yeah, he's small and skinny, but Panarin was small and skinny at the same age as well and played in the KHL...

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
all talks about the khl are crazy, he didn't prove anything in the mhl. they will bury him in the chl for 3-4 years and ruin his career but let's talk about the khl now when it comes to russia. jesus christ, get a grip. where this sense of entitlement comes from? he'd should seek some advice from zhukenov and sokolov about going to the chl and then measure his height again. first rounder my ass. lol

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
all talks about the khl are crazy, he didn't prove anything in the mhl. they will bury him in the chl for 3-4 years and ruin his career but let's talk about the khl now when it comes to russia. jesus christ, get a grip. where this sense of entitlement comes from? he'd should seek some advice from zhukenov and sokolov about going to the chl and then measure his height again. first rounder my ass. lol

He had a very good statistics in the MHL as 16 yo.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Kailer Yamamoto says hi

jasonr90

Jun 11, 2014
Maine, USA
Kailer Yamamoto says hi

He's American. You missed the point he was making. The CHL has a horrible track record for Russians that come over for their draft year. Russian player, and it looks like the vast majority of Europeans overall, are better off staying home and gaining experience with professional clubs there

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
He's American. You missed the point he was making. The CHL has a horrible track record for Russians that come over for their draft year. Russian player, and it looks like the vast majority of Europeans overall, are better off staying home and gaining experience with professional clubs there

Possibly. I think part of his point had to do with his size though. I get the sentiment to want young Russian players to stay home to play and develop and possibly come over later. I disagree with the concept that just because you're Russian or European that you cannot come over and have equal success developing in the CHL. I also think if he plays well in the CHL that it can improve his draft position vs staying at home. Which route ultimately is best for him, I dunno.

jasonr90

Jun 11, 2014
Maine, USA
Possibly. I think part of his point had to do with his size though. I get the sentiment to want young Russian players to stay home to play and develop and possibly come over later. I disagree with the concept that just because you're Russian or European that you cannot come over and have equal success developing in the CHL. I also think if he plays well in the CHL that it can improve his draft position vs staying at home. Which route ultimately is best for him, I dunno.

That's fair. I agree this may be the best route for him, maybe not. These are individuals who can choose how to live their own lives, and he's made his decision.

Personally, I just prefer to see the European prospects stay in their own development systems, it seems to be the safer bet in the long run. Not only that, the world juniors become much less interesting when the euro teams have half CHL players :sarcasm: haha

wings5

Jan 6, 2008

Who cares where/ if you are drafted, its more important to get as good as you can as a player. For Russians this is done by staying at home until ripe.

RossiyaSport

Aug 18, 2017
www.instagram.com
Yes. One of the biggest misconceptions I see on this forum is understanding why Russian players that go to the CHL don't pan out. Canadians instantly see it as an attack on their system and bc of general propaganda they think having Russians come over is saving them from something.

The problem is if they come over at 17 they haven't mastered the Russian style and don't end up mastering the Canadian style either. Its basically a death sentence on ever becoming a good NHL player.

The NHL GM's are now getting more hip to this even if they won't publicly say it. If you notice in the last draft all the Russians that went to the CHL sunk like the Titanic despite good seasons. And players who stayed in Russia went higher. I don't even know how predatory agents can really sell players on this path anymore.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Yes. One of the biggest misconceptions I see on this forum is understanding why Russian players that go to the CHL don't pan out. Canadians instantly see it as an attack on their system and bc of general propaganda they think having Russians come over is saving them from something.

The problem is if they come over at 17 they haven't mastered the Russian style and don't end up mastering the Canadian style either. Its basically a death sentence on ever becoming a good NHL player.

The NHL GM's are now getting more hip to this even if they won't publicly say it. If you notice in the last draft all the Russians that went to the CHL sunk like the Titanic despite good seasons. And players who stayed in Russia went higher. I don't even know how predatory agents can really sell players on this path anymore.

You're pretty on the ball for having just joined Hfboards, I agree 100 %.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
He played a preseason game on Tuesday. No point in a 3-1 win against Quebec. He had some nice shifts but he was outshined by his Russian teammate Denis Mikhnin. It was clear he needs to get used to smaller ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad