F Dmitri Zavgorodniy - Admiral Vladivostok, KHL (2018, 198th, CAL released)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Eh....I mean watching him a lot, he is definitely carried by Lafreniere. His skating ability at his size is going to be a mountain for him to climb. Not trying to be a downer or anything just my honest opinion,

Absolutely fair enough. I’ll still delude myself into thinking he’s the next kucherov until proven otherwise.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I think people will be surprised how good Dmitri is, will be. I don't think fans give enough credit to what he has done so far in his Q career.
How many Dmitri's goals & points actually Alexis is "responsible" for anyways :dunno:. One could also ask,
how many Alexis goals & points Dmitri is? :dunno:

RichBaster

Feb 18, 2015
Eh....I mean watching him a lot, he is definitely carried by Lafreniere. His skating ability at his size is going to be a mountain for him to climb. Not trying to be a downer or anything just my honest opinion,
The only thing is that skating can easily be improved...Tavares improved his skating significantly after he was drafted (not comparing the 2 in terms of skating, just pointing out a fact). So send him to some skating instructors for a few summers and it should be much improved to at least get him to the next level.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
The only thing is that skating can easily be improved...Tavares improved his skating significantly after he was drafted (not comparing the 2 in terms of skating, just pointing out a fact). So send him to some skating instructors for a few summers and it should be much improved to at least get him to the next level.
Skating can definitely be improved but at his size the skating ability he will need at the next level is greater then what a John Tavares needs. If he was a bigger guy it wouldnt be as much of a concern. But at 5'9 he realistically needs to go from a bad skater to a great one. There is a pretty small list of under sized players who aren't elite skaters one way or another(edge work or straight line). Still a great pick that late in the draft as a gamble on him hitting his top potential even if the chances of that are small.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Yeah, with all players healthy they just don't have place for him.

I disagree.

That's a young team, wouldn't be surprised if Dmitri would find himself from at least 3rd line
even after everyone was healthy. Looking at how things are, he is ahead of one Podkolzin for one.
I mean, not many are behind him tbh.

bagsw

Apr 17, 2016
Saint Petersburg, Russia
I disagree.

That's a young team, wouldn't be surprised if Dmitri would find himself from at least 3rd line
even after everyone was healthy. Looking at how things are, he is ahead of one Podkolzin for one.
There are Tkachyov, Kuzmenko and Marchenko on the left wing. He has no chance to play ahead of them. Also he is small and played only in juniors league, so I doubt that he will fit in the 4th line. I expect him to play now, while top players are quarantined and then he might be sent to VHL to get practice.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
I disagree.

I doubt he will be ahead of Podkolzin who has been fighting his way up the system for years .

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
There are Tkachyov, Kuzmenko and Marchenko on the left wing. He has no chance to play ahead of them. Also he is small and played only in juniors league, so I doubt that he will fit in the 4th line. I expect him to play now, while top players are quarantined and then he might be sent to VHL to get practice.

Zavgorodniy is a RW

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad