F Cayden Lindstrom - Medicine Hat Tigers, WHL (2024, 4th, CBJ)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hollel

Jun 15, 2019
Just wanted to shoot my shot that this guy won’t get out of the top 3 this year even with CHI and ANA being (rightly) perceived to be after defenseman

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
What’s his NHL ETA? Two more years in juniors or one in AHL? One in juniors?

Has to play in juniors for two more years to be eligible for the AHL.. so he will go back to the WHL and if he has a full and healthy season, you'll see him in the NHL in D+2 likely in the bottom six with PP time.

Reactions: Chr1s97

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016

Despite the rosy tone, this is actually quite concerning. I had the same injury, but never had any nerves affected, just pain and stiffness, and it was an absolute bitch to deal with at times. There were times where I couldn’t stand up on my own and couldn’t walk for a few days.

15 years later, and it’s about 99% healed I’d say, but I still get the occasional painful flare up. Playing hockey in particular, never caused the flare ups or made anything worse, but I can’t imagine trying to play through a flare up; that would be virtually impossible.

Lindstrom’s is quite obviously worse than mine, so I’d bet on it being an issue going forward. How much of an issue? We obviously can’t say, but I don’t like the sound of this at all. The risk factor in picking him just went up considerably for me. Thankfully I don’t have to make the call.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Despite the rosy tone, this is actually quite concerning. I had the same injury, but never had any nerves affected, just pain and stiffness, and it was an absolute bitch to deal with at times. There were times where I couldn’t stand up on my own and couldn’t walk for a few days.

15 years later, and it’s about 99% healed I’d say, but I still get the occasional painful flare up. Playing hockey in particular, never caused the flare ups or made anything worse, but I can’t imagine trying to play through a flare up; that would be virtually impossible.

Lindstrom’s is quite obviously worse than mine, so I’d bet on it being an issue going forward. How much of an issue? We obviously can’t say, but I don’t like the sound of this at all. The risk factor in picking him just went up considerably for me. Thankfully I don’t have to make the call.
I love the people who say...are you a doctor.

Hell no, but I get muscle/nerve issue it absolutely levels me. Sure I'm functional after couple of days and diet of pain killers. I can't imagine a disc. I can't imagine a disc in a contact sport.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I love the people who say...are you a doctor.

Hell no, but I get muscle/nerve issue it absolutely levels me. Sure I'm functional after couple of days and diet of pain killers. I can't imagine a disc. I can't imagine a disc in a contact sport.
Yeah cause every injury is exactly the same for everyone 🤪

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
He will be a curious one to watch at the draft.

Is the difference between him and Iginla/Sennecke worth the risk of the injury issues....

I would say - absolutely. It's rare you get a chance to draft a potential center at that size, with that level of snarl, and athletic profile.

Montreal would be ecstatic to get him at 5 and seems to be their preferred target.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
I would say - absolutely. It's rare you get a chance to draft a potential center at that size, with that level of snarl, and athletic profile.

Montreal would be ecstatic to get him at 5 and seems to be their preferred target.
I get it, I just mean we are hearing more about his injuries now and who knows.....although that could easily be a team behind The Habs trying to get a few teams to pass on the kid...

Reactions: WeThreeKings

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I get it, I just mean we are hearing more about his injuries now and who knows.....although that could easily be a team behind The Habs trying to get a few teams to pass on the kid...

I think at this point if the medical were bad we would have seen his stock drop but it seems it has risen a minor bit since the combine.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Thinking more Val Nichuskin than Lawson Crouse. If he's a C maybe Bo Horvat-ish level (if Horvat was actually mean).

Hopefully medically he's going to be fine & this won't hurt his career, PWF's like this don't come around every day.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Really? Even over a guy like Buium if he's there?

Lindstrom would fit nicely with a playmaker like Gaudreau or Johnson tho, a play driver on his wing like Basha is for him in MH. Would be a good pick either way.
Yes, really. Columbus wants a big forward and are deciding between him and Sennecke from what I know. He’s a betting favorite to go there

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Really? Even over a guy like Buium if he's there?

Lindstrom would fit nicely with a playmaker like Gaudreau or Johnson tho, a play driver on his wing like Basha is for him in MH. Would be a good pick either way.

I have Buium a smidge ahead of Lindstrom, but for the Jackets it's easier to imagine how Lindstrom fits in the lineup. The Jackets already have Werenski and Mateychuk on the left side. A power forward like Lindstrom is going to fit into any lineup.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I would love it if CBJ took Buium but I don't see it - then again it makes even less sense for Montreal and that's what they are doing regardless of which forward is there. So maybe CBJ does the same galaxy braining.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I dont see why CBJ would pick Buium while they have Werenski Provorov Mateychuk etc... IMO Lindstrom is a no brainer for CBJ

Reactions: Bubbles

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I dont see why CBJ would pick Buium while they have Werenski Provorov Mateychuk etc... IMO Lindstrom is a no brainer for CBJ
I think they’d like to get rid of Provorov, and as good of a prospect as Mateychuk is I don’t think you save a spot for a guy drafted outside of the top 10 when you are picking fourth if you think the best player is a player at that position. Werenski is also 27, so not super young. They can also obviously play someone on their off side. Easier to do with left shots.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I think they’d like to get rid of Provorov, and as good of a prospect as Mateychuk is I don’t think you save a spot for a guy drafted outside of the top 10 when you are picking fourth if you think the best player is a player at that position. Werenski is also 27, so not super young. They can also obviously play someone on their off side. Easier to do with left shots.
Has there been any word of what Buium's plan is?? does he plan to go pro right away or is he planning on school again?

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Has there been any word of what Buium's plan is?? does he plan to go pro right away or is he planning on school again?
I was listening to the Athletic podcast (the one with Pronman, Wheeler, and Peters), and one of them (forget which) made it sound like he feels he’s ready to turn pro, but is going to listen to what his NHL team suggests.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

I don't see why the Habs would when they have Guhle, Hutson, Xhekaj, Matheson, Engstrom, Struble, Harris etc. etc. but apparently they love him and would do it at 5, so Columbus may also be doing the same thing.

Personally I think it'd be a dumb pick for both teams.

Reactions: Skinnyjimmy08

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad