F Brett Berard (2020, 134rd, NYR)

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Has 12+11=23 points in 37 games.

He's done well this season, although not outstanding. He will probably get some NHL games in the next year or two, but I am skeptical he will stick.

Probably bottom six only for some energy and a little scoring. Likely doesn't have a defined skill other than energy that will keep a lineup spot for him.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Has 6+2 in his last 6 games. On the season he has 22+17=39 points in 53 games. If he was a CHL guy he'd have been in his second AHL season by now, so classifying him as a rookie might be deceiving, but I think he's doing enough that he might get some games next season if he can keep this up.

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
Always thought he would be a hell of a 3rd liner in the NHL, maybe even be a solid 2nd liner. Nice to see him progressing after being let out of the Nate Leaman developmental chains. I worry so much for Trevor Connelly heading to play under him. One of the worst places to have a promising young forward end up in college hockey imo

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
No reason he can't make the Rangers out of camp next year.
I don't know about that. I think Rempe and Edstrom are ahead of him for fourth line spots because they've already gotten NHL games. Othmann is ahead of him for a top 9 spot because he's already gotten NHL games too.

He's playing his way into a chance to play in the NHL next season, but it seems crowded for a non-elite prospect who has three guys ahead of him with NHL experience competing for a similar spot to make the team out of camp.

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
I don't know about that. I think Rempe and Edstrom are ahead of him for fourth line spots because they've already gotten NHL games. Othmann is ahead of him for a top 9 spot because he's already gotten NHL games too.

He's playing his way into a chance to play in the NHL next season, but it seems crowded for a non-elite prospect who has three guys ahead of him with NHL experience competing for a similar spot to make the team out of camp.
He's been better than Othmann this season. They will both get a chance but Berard's game is more suited for the NHL at this point.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
He's been better than Othmann this season. They will both get a chance but Berard's game is more suited for the NHL at this point.
They have the same amount of AHL points this season, and Othmann has played 4 fewer games. Othmann is also a first round pick and has NHL games, as previously mentioned. Seems unlikely to me that the team is going to prefer Berard if they were competing for one spot to start next season.

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
They have the same amount of AHL points this season, and Othmann has played 4 fewer games. Othmann is also a first round pick and has NHL games, as previously mentioned. Seems unlikely to me that the team is going to prefer Berard if they were competing for one spot to start next season.
Berard is better at every aspect of the game other than shooting IMO. Regardless im rooting for both.

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
But Othmann has NHL size, it remains to be seen if Berard can succeed in the NHL at 5'9 which will be difficult.
Less and less of a factor these days. He is willing to go to the dirty areas and grind. Look at what Stankoven is doing at 5'8. I know he's a better prospect but size isnt near as big a factor as it used to be.

Reactions: lakai17

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad