F Brett Berard (2020, 134rd, NYR)

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Ceiling and floor?

Berard compares himself to Brendan Gallagher in my interview with him. I think that's an interesting comparison, but Berard is a better skater. I think he as a likely middle-6 winger projection. He plays both sides for what it's worth.

Another topic that came up was the opportunity to play with his brother and with how much Providence means to the Berard family (both his parents were athletes for the Friars), I expect him to stay in college one more year to play with his brother and turn pro in 2023.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Berard compares himself to Brendan Gallagher in my interview with him. I think that's an interesting comparison, but Berard is a better skater. I think he as a likely middle-6 winger projection. He plays both sides for what it's worth.

Another topic that came up was the opportunity to play with his brother and with how much Providence means to the Berard family (both his parents were athletes for the Friars), I expect him to stay in college one more year to play with his brother and turn pro in 2023.

Awesome. Good to have some legit forward prospects for depth.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
As much as I understand his preference to stay with Providence for another year so he can play with his brother, I'd be interesting to see how he'd do at pro level. Who knows, maybe he changes his mind.

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
As much as I understand his preference to stay with Providence for another year so he can play with his brother, I'd be interesting to see how he'd do at pro level. Who knows, maybe he changes his mind.
So his plan is another year in Providence after this year?

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He had a slow start to the season after a bad World Juniors. He’s been better lately.

He’s going to play NHL games and could manage to keep a regular lineup place over the course of his career, but he won’t be more than a bottom six energy forward or at most a middle six energy forward.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Anyone seen him yet in the AHL? Wondering how he has started and his place in the lineup.
Last night was the first game. He played on the 2nd line with Othmann and Riley Nash, plus PP time.

No points, but a good part of that might be because of how well Bussi played for Providence.

Berard ended up with 3 shots on goal and overall I thought he looked good. His skating really stood out to me.

AHLTV is free this weekend and Hartford plays again tonight. I'm reasonably certain Berard will be in the lineup again.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
His last college season was very disappointing. At his size to not produce isn’t going to get the job done. You need to keep producing and then maybe you get a shot.

I’m thinking he doesn’t make the NHL. He’d need to turn things around. He still could, but I think for a player his age you’d like them to be minimum a top 6 AHL’er to believe he will play in the NHL. There’s a season for him to prove that, but I think he’s behind that schedule. I’m now thinking he doesn’t play NHL games. Most likely Sykora has taken his spot with the organization. Better and younger.

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
His last college season was very disappointing. At his size to not produce isn’t going to get the job done. You need to keep producing and then maybe you get a shot.

I’m thinking he doesn’t make the NHL. He’d need to turn things around. He still could, but I think for a player his age you’d like them to be minimum a top 6 AHL’er to believe he will play in the NHL. There’s a season for him to prove that, but I think he’s behind that schedule. I’m now thinking he doesn’t play NHL games. Most likely Sykora has taken his spot with the organization. Better and younger.
I don't know why high end forward prospects still go to play for Leaman at Providence. His track record of developing those type of players is terrible. I dread seeing what he tries to do to Trevor Connelly, he'll do everything he can to suck any offensive creativity out of him he can

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
I don't know why high end forward prospects still go to play for Leaman at Providence. His track record of developing those type of players is terrible. I dread seeing what he tries to do to Trevor Connelly, he'll do everything he can to suck any offensive creativity out of him he can

I'd still be surprised if Connelly ends up at Providence. Someone in Connelly's camp has to know it's not a good idea.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad