F Brayden Yager - Moose Jaw Warriors, WHL (2023, 14th, PIT; traded to WPG)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
Watched the game tonight to get a look at Bedard.. Had no idea who Yager was and had to look him up after an impressive showing.. Was blown away to find out he was a 2005.

Very good vision and offensive instincts. A player who I will want to get more viewings of this season and I imagine will be getting a lot of hype over the next two seasons.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
A great start to the season. #2OA in '23 after Bedard. shaping up to be a good one.

Considering the competition on the world stage it would surprise me if the WHL did 1 and 2.

Dvorsky and Michkov are breaking records in Sweden and Russia. They are already too strong for the junior leagues.

Reactions: Bruhin

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Considering the competition on the world stage it would surprise me if the WHL did 1 and 2.

Dvorsky and Michkov are breaking records in Sweden and Russia. They are already too strong for the junior leagues.

All of this points to an extremely strong group of forwards at the top of the 23 draft.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Yeah this guy really seems to have it all, lots can happen but as of now I would take him in the top 5.

He could be in the top 5 but really there are 10 forwards who are all fighting for top 5 spots, the 23 draft is really that top heavy.

Who would be in your top 5 BTW?

Assuming Bedard/Michov are locks and if you have Yager who are the other 2 guys?

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Well, assuming
Bedard
Michkov

Then you've got lots of other guys including Yager. 2023 is going to be loaded as these are just off the top of my head and there will probably be at least 5 more than join this list as the season progresses.
Yager
Benson
Dvorsky
Fantilli
Musty
Ritchie

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Which Bedard is the real Bedard? last season? this season?
or something between?.

I think Yager could be better. Hot take, i know.
as could be Benson as well.

When Bedard breaks out will you acknowledge it like with Savoie?

Asking for a friend.

BTW the real Savoie and the real Bedard are always out there, not every excellent prospect blows away everyone in their seasons 2 years before their drafts.

Reactions: Dominance

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Which Bedard is the real Bedard? last season? this season?
or something between?.

I think Yager could be better. Hot take, i know.
as could be Benson as well.
This is a pretty typical Bedard game from this year:

Generating a tonne of offence, clearly SUPER skilled, but it’s not necessarily showing up on the score sheet. Chemistry with his line mates doesn’t seem to be very good - he’s getting very few easy points, the chances are mostly coming off major solo efforts.

His 15 year old season was unreal - his impact in the WHL and U18s, crazy rare at that age. I can easily be patient with a slow-ish start to his 16 year old season after such an incredible 15 year old season. Even with this slow start, he looks terrific out there for a 16 year old, he’d be getting very heavily praised if expectations weren’t so high.

Don’t get me wrong, Yager is an outstanding prospect too. But … Bedard is well ahead of him currently, and IMO the better prospect by a solid margin.

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
He could be in the top 5 but really there are 10 forwards who are all fighting for top 5 spots, the 23 draft is really that top heavy.

Who would be in your top 5 BTW?

Assuming Bedard/Michov are locks and if you have Yager who are the other 2 guys?

I would probably add Dvorsky and Fantilli, but again so much can change. I have not seen nearly enough of all players (especially outside of NA) to be certain on any top 5, but Yager is from what I am seeing a top 5 caliber prospect in almost any draft as of now. He has the size, skating, plays a complete game, and his shot is very lethal both wrist and one timer.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Scored a goal last night against Bedard's Pats, averaging a ppg this season

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Looked really good in the Capital City challenge. 4G, 3A in 5 games.

7 points in 5 games playing vs U17 players? I mean, for a top prospect in his D-1 season it would be great statistics at U20 tournament, solid at U18, but it's pretty average at U17 level.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
7 points in 5 games playing vs U17 players? I mean, for a top prospect in his D-1 season it would be great statistics at U20 tournament, solid at U18, but it's pretty average at U17 level.

It's on par with what many other top prospects usually do at u17s . He's near ppg in the dub against older competition which is what really matters

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
It's on par with what many other top prospects usually do at u17s . He's near ppg in the dub against older competition which is what really matters

Well, some Canadians said Yager could go before Michkov at the draft, but Michkov would have probably had twice as many points at the tournament.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Well, some Canadians said Yager could go before Michkov at the draft, but Michkov would have probably had twice as many points at the similar tournament.

May help draft position a bit sure but imo international tournaments are way too small a sample size to put too much stock into. Many who performed less than average at the tournys turned into NHL stars and vice versa.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
May help draft position a bit sure but imo international tournaments are way too small a sample size to put too much stock into. Many who performed less than average at the tournys turned into NHL stars and vice versa.

Did Yager even lead the tournament is scoring?

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
yeah points are nice but rarely tell the real story tbh. What really matters especially for prospects is translatable skills and Yager shows the same talent Mackinnon did at the same stage. It's why people who downplay Bedards numbers should actually watch him play.

Reactions: wings5

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad