F Andrew Cristall - Kelowna Rockets, WHL (2023, 40th, WSH)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Cristall has logged heavier minutes this season than anyone on Canada's roster.

Anyone letting a reduced role in this tournament affect their ranking of him is a fool.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014

Anyone letting a reduced role in this tournament affect their ranking of him is a fool.
But why would he get a reduced role on a U18 team? It's not the U20...

He should dominate if he really was a top pick and give no choice to his coach.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018

My point is that at this point in the season, he's probably more spent than everyone else and has taken his foot off the gas a bit.

No one else on the U18 roster had to carry their teams this year. Except maybe Wood, but he played like 30 games so I'd be very concerned if he was exhausted.

Why risk getting injured again before the draft?

Postulates

Jun 7, 2022

Yeah like i said he went from assistant captain and 1st line winger to less than 10 minutes of ice time

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
My point is that at this point in the season, he's probably more spent than everyone else and has taken his foot off the gas a bit.

No one else on the U18 roster had to carry their teams this year. Except maybe Wood, but he played like 30 games so I'd be very concerned if he was exhausted.

Why risk getting injured again before the draft?
Grasping at straws if I’ve ever seen it.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Garland plays a high paced game. Cristall is much more deliberate. Very similar to Claude Giroux.
I've only seen a bit of Cristall in highlights, but Giroux is who popped for me too.

Garland does cute dipsy doodles and is useful if placed with 2 big players, but his shot is terrible and he doesn't process the game quickly enough to play off of his teammates efficiently. If Cristall is a Garland then he's going in the 20's.

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
he created so many great chance, oh maybe he's the best Canada player in the game1, aggressive forecheck, great dangle. I don't know how IIHF officers count the SOG, but he did also take so many shots and score chance in the games with Howe, center of their line, hardly played.
I expect more, no doubt, but such criticism is also unfair. The Canada coach didn't know how to use him. In the first two games, he was in the middle on the PP, instead of left circle where he played for a whole season, and their PP unit suck, even PP2 was better.

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019

This is just false. He started on the top line with Celebrini and Barlow and hasn't shown well so when Heidt came along he was moved down to the extra forward.

His skating is just a glaring issue and I wouldn't be surprised if he falls to the 2nd round at this point. Thought the same thing in the series against Seattle.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
This is just false. He started on the top line with Celebrini and Barlow and hasn't shown well so when Heidt came along he was moved down to the extra forward.

His skating is just a glaring issue and I wouldn't be surprised if he falls to the 2nd round at this point. Thought the same thing in the series against Seattle.
I don't think you understand what I meant.

I'm saying Cristall has logged more minutes ALL YEAR. I'm not talking about the few tournament games.

Cristall plays 20+ minutes a night and is literally the only player that keeps Kelowna competitive. No one else on the Canada roster is as important to their respective teams as he is.

At this point in the season I'm surprised he even joined the U18 team. I would just rest if I were in his shoes lol.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I hope those criticizing Cristall saw him finally get rewarded there after pulling the whole Czech PK towards him. Kid just generates high danger chances from nothing almost every shift.

I've watched almost every shift of the tournament and that's about as hyperbolic as you can get.

In the WHL, he has nights like that for sure.. but there have been nights where nothing he does works even remotely. This tournament has been more of nothing working than all or most of it working.

The risk profile is so high that this guy isn't going before pick 20, imo. Some GM might look like a genius down the road and I'm sure if that happens, the history will be rewritten that he 'fell' but I think the concerns are super valid.

Reactions: 95snipes

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
I've watched almost every shift of the tournament and that's about as hyperbolic as you can get.

In the WHL, he has nights like that for sure.. but there have been nights where nothing he does works even remotely. This tournament has been more of nothing working than all or most of it working.

The risk profile is so high that this guy isn't going before pick 20, imo. Some GM might look like a genius down the road and I'm sure if that happens, the history will be rewritten that he 'fell' but I think the concerns are super valid.
I didn’t watch the Sweden game, but I’ve seen nearly all of Canada’s other games, and I can’t disagree more. Cristall stands out nearly every shift with his incredible patience with the puck and ability to make soft area passes or wait the extra fraction of a second it takes to get a shooting lane past a defender. He could easily have 6 more points than he does currently, and he’s an asset on the forecheck.

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
I didn’t watch the Sweden game, but I’ve seen nearly all of Canada’s other games, and I can’t disagree more. Cristall stands out nearly every shift with his incredible patience with the puck and ability to make soft area passes or wait the extra fraction of a second it takes to get a shooting lane past a defender. He could easily have 6 more points than he does currently, and he’s an asset on the forecheck.
I think the Sweden game was his best game in this tournament so far.

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
I just wrote if the Dvorsky thread we asked him to deliver and he did. Exact opposite from Cristall. Shows flashes but the clear warts are evident

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad