F Alexis Lafreniere (2020, 1st, NYR) part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
If Khovanov plays the next game, I'll laugh. Who drops on the ice not moving after a slashing on the hands? I mean I got a dislocated/fractured wrist in Bantam after a hit from behind where my head landed on the board and I stood up, not acting like I got shot and got to the bench by myself... but thats just me.

I also like the fact that he was rolling on top of the injured hand before the medic got there.

Last edited:

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
If Khovanov plays the next game, I'll laugh. Who drops on the ice not moving after a slashing on the hands? I mean I got a dislocated/fractured wrist in Bantam after a hit from behind where my head landed on the board and I stood up, not acting like I got shot and got to the bench by myself... but thats just me.

I also like the fact that he was rolling on top of the injured hand before the medic got there.
no doubt it hurt. probably selling it somewhat to get a call. it’s part of the game

Reactions: Fixxer

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
it is whether you or i like it or not.

Lafreniere got slashed as hard by Khovanov 5mins prior. And another bad one by one of the Cats dman. Shook his hand and went to his bench. Only cowards do it and I find it unsportsmanlike. Lafreniere did his own justice and Khovanov showed he can dish it out but can't take it.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
is his low goal total a concern?
Not in the slightest. He’s been there, done that and has visibly evolved his game since he first entered the QMJHL. I have zero doubt that he could have 50, even 60 or more goals if he played the way he did in his rookie season. He’s looking for the pass more frequently, and his increasing overall point totals reflect the success of that evolution. Moreover, he showed at the WJC that he is capable of putting the puck in the net himself whenever he dedicates himself to that task (see: multiple clutch powerplay goals where he chose the wrist shot over the passing option).

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
is his low goal total a concern?

I certainly wouldn’t call 42, 37 and 35 (in 50 games) as “low”...

As others have pointed out, in his rookie season he had to do a lot on his own hence the higher goal total. He’s evolved his game tremendously to add more of a playmaking aspect to his game.

Reactions: Dominance

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
"At the level of Lafreniere"

Classic recency bias. Laine dominated the wjs just like Lafreniere while doing it as a year younger,
won playoff MVP in a men’s league and then went to the senior men’s championships against nhl stars and won the tournament MVP.

It’s perfectly fine to think Lafreniere is the better prospect but don’t act like he’s a clear cut better prospect then what laine was.

Reactions: Aerrol
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad