Value of: extended Debrincat

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
And if Connor McDavid wants to sign for league minimum, he can. Just because something "can happen" doesn't mean it will.

In any case you seem to be confused at the difference between AAV and salary. He could very well sign for an AAV less than $9 million, but that doesn't mean that $9 million isn't part of his salary. eg:

lets say he's worth $7million X 6 years on the UFA market. Ottawa needs to pay him the $9 million in year 1 to retain his rights so his final contract becomes $51 million over 7 years for an AAV of $7.3 million.

This is fine if Ottawa just wants to retain him, but as far as trade value goes you have a player whose market vale is $7millionX6 years but he's getting paid $7.3million X 7 years. Without retention he's overpaid and won't return much in trade.

Did you pull that $7M/6 year valuation out of your bum?

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Wings would be all over this. They have 4 1st rounders in the next 2 drafts and Yzerman said hes looking to add young core pieces with elite skill - Debrincat fits the mould and we have the space to lock him in long term.

Debrincat - Larkin - Raymond would be sick.

Det Trades: 2023 NYI 1st Round pick (about 15-20 OA) + Alex Nedjelkovic + 2023 2nd (STL)/Fabbri for Debrincats rights.

Who says no? If they cant sign him they need to get a decent return.
Ottawa wouldn't be interested.
1. We'd be making Detroit a better team; why? We are competing for the same Playoff spots.
2. The package you have offered is very fair; not good enough though for a divisional trade.

You want DBC?

It's going to cost you Soderblom +
While I believe a trade could still go ahead without Soderblom, the points A.D. raised are spot on.

I am also a bit confused as to what Nedjelkovic is doing in there... has no appeal to the Sens and I'm not sure why Detroit would have the need to move on from him before FA opens. @WingsToPick4th, what's the rationale for including him? His inclusion doesn't make me less likely to accept an offer, I'm just not sure what the reasoning is.

As for a DBC to DET trade, I think it would only happen if they're one of the few teams he would extend with. I suspect we will prioritize quality over quantity and, partially due to the divisional aspect, I feel like Detroit would be one of the teams who is most averse to giving up an A or A- piece or NHL quality player. I like Fabbri (in the sense that he's easy to cheer for) but he carries too much injury risk for me to count on him as an everyday top 9er. If DBC ends up forcing his way to Detroit, I suspect you could get him for just the NYI 1st + C level prospect/pick, and maybe even get an extra piece in return.

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Debrincat will have the next Jeff Skinner type contract.

Sens are stuck both ways. They let him leave and they just gave up on a decent asset. They sign him and they have a decent asset on an overpaid contract.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007

Sens are stuck both ways. They let him leave and they just gave up on a decent asset. They sign him and they have a decent asset on an overpaid contract.
Depends on the contract, doesn't it.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island

Minus several concussions it's a decent comparison. Skinner is also PPG this season, nothing to scoff at.
Not an albatross as I assume you're suggesting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad