Post-Game Talk: [EX3] Canucks lose to Kraken | 1-3 (Garland)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Do you hate our road sweaters?

• Yes

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • No

Votes: 29 67.4%

• Total voters

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Yeah shift by shift that line is quite inconsistent

They’re working hard and doing some good things but it’s a big difference for young guys from the AHL.

Both Bains and Sasson are taking their licks and coming back for more looking confident though, while sadly Podkolzin is timid and trying to hide out there.

Reactions: arttk

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Boeser is so soft on both sides of the puck. How is it possible to be this slow and unintentional

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I had a list of things they had to do before the season started and a list of things they should do during the season.

I had reshaping part of the fwd group as one of the in-season things. When you still have fish to fry from the off-ssn to do list, it makes getting to those other things less likely/more difficult.

Can only realistically fry so many fish

Hammman

Apr 3, 2010
My one glimmer of hope for Boeser is that he's in his first preseason game playing against a bunch of players on game 2 (or 3?). Not much of a glimmer though.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Wolanin with the giveaway almost right up the middle. Any thoughts of wolanin maybe making the big squad is fading. He hasn't shown nearly enough imo which is disappointing considering his age and how prominent he was in the ahl

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
I'm not as worried when we have Petey and Hughes in the lineup to control possession better, but man our 2nd and 3rd lines have nothing sustained* going offensively

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
It's evident that the decision to sign Boeser was not a pure hockey decison. The management group probably felt obligated to extend him for good PR and to keep the dressing room happy.

Not saying it was the right decision but it would have taken major stones to part ways with him considering his off-ice matters.
Boeser was 1 year removed from what seemed like a big bounce back from his rookie injury, leading the team in scoring, and played great all around in the CAD division. Still had 23 goals in his down year following.

His extension made sense at the time, trading him then would have been pretty bold. Hard to blame management for the Boeser situation, he was much worse than expected last year, with seemingly no major physical issues.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
re cutting slack

It's different when you're a ppg+ player coasting like Draisatl and to a lesser extent JT and then when you're Boeser and need to be coming out guns blazing proving yourself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad