Post-Game Talk: [EX3] Canucks lose to Kraken | 1-3 (Garland)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Do you hate our road sweaters?

• Yes

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • No

Votes: 29 67.4%

• Total voters

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Soucy/Cole - Hronek vs OEL - Myers on our second pairing alone should net us at least like 4-5 more points in the standings than last year. Having one of Hughes and Hronek on the ice most of the game is going to be great for possession.

Reactions: Bitz and Bites

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
DeGuiseppe >>>>> Boeser. Say again worst move made by the present regime was re-signing this snail. Maybe as much into buy out territory as OEL (other than length). He is what he is and nothing is going to change that.

Sassons looks closer than other Abby types.

Hronek is having an excellent game - shifting the game back in Canucks favor when he is out. Juulsen and to an extent Wolanin (no one is looking good playing with Juulsen) shifting it back the other way.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Sasson has 4C potential. He completely panics sometimes but has a good motor and anticipation.

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
sick and tired of watching Boeser, continues to float. I'm just waiting for when he will be traded.

Canucks breakout with Hughes vs without is night and day.

And Kraken simply play a faster more hardworking game, and that has allowed them to pin the canucks in our zone.

Reactions: wonton15

moiderer

Jul 28, 2021
Vancouver
Better to cut Podkolzin early and reset him ASAP than to give him another game and have him crumble worse...

Brock definitely looks leaner, but I agree with everybody else that he looks no faster. You hope it's just preseason but it's tough when his game looks the same three years running.

I think it makes sense to promote one of Beauvi/Garland/Hog to the Miller line and move a PDG/Studnicka into the bottom 6. That line needs some grit or hustle on the forecheck, PDG doesn't look hungry enough tonight to pass as a Tanner Pearson type.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
i must confess there was a brief period of time where i fell for the boeser offseason fitness improved skating propaganda
Me too, I don't think I can watch him play anymore. I'm praying that Rutherford was referring to him and Myers when he mentioned the couple of contracts he'd prefer to move off of.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
With Pod likely going to the AHL and Pearson traded Hoglander has a legit shot at the top six. Wonder if PDG is a just holding a spot for Mikheyev on Millers line.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Sasson has 4C potential. He completely panics sometimes but has a good motor and anticipation.

Both he and Bains are having moments where they show potential but also shifts where it’s obvious that the pace is far beyond anything they’ve ever seen before.

And that’s fine - you want them to learn from this and come back and make a big push to make the team next year.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

I really like him as just that. Decent organizational depth that may be able to play some NHL games as a 4th line centre. His main trait is his intelligence. Really smart kid that understands the game well. Seeing a pattern of that with him, Hirose, Bains, and Raty.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
DeGuiseppe >>>>> Boeser. Say again worst move made by the present regime was re-signing this snail. Maybe as much into buy out territory as OEL (other than length). He is what he is and nothing is going to change that.
It's evident that the decision to sign Boeser was not a pure hockey decison. The management group probably felt obligated to extend him for good PR and to keep the dressing room happy.

Not saying it was the right decision but it would have taken major stones to part ways with him considering his off-ice matters.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Both he and Bains are having moments where they show potential but also shifts where it’s obvious that the pace is far beyond anything they’ve ever seen before.

And that’s fine - you want them to learn from this and come back and make a big push to make the team next year.
Yeah shift by shift that line is quite inconsistent

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
sick and tired of watching Boeser, continues to float. I'm just waiting for when he will be traded.

Canucks breakout with Hughes vs without is night and day.

And Kraken simply play a faster more hardworking game, and that has allowed them to pin the canucks in our zone.
Imagine if they got rid Boeser and signed Barbashev how different the lineup would look.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad