Prospect Info: Everything Edvinsson

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
I like that the discussion is split between throwing faster vs letting it happen for the guy to stop or realize it's not worth it.

I side with the waiting and see approach. It's at the end of the game, the smaller guy was frustrated. The first punch he just stared at him like "really?", not so much like he is small, but kind of like "that did nothing...seriously" then the guy tried again and that's when edvinsson took care of it. If he just went off the ice after and did nothing then I'd probably be perplexed a little and think maybe one of those punches landed well, but he was trying to fire up the crowd when leaving.

It's all about picking your battles and that just wasn't the time for it until it was pushed over to far. Exactly what I tell my son, if another kid hits you on the playground, you tell them to stop or don't do that. If they do it again, I'll defend you to anyone who questions your actions (principle, teacher, etc.) because it's fair game now. You got the warning, now it's on you. He's 4 btw. Gotta teach them young :fight:

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
I like that the discussion is split between throwing faster vs letting it happen for the guy to stop or realize it's not worth it.

I side with the waiting and see approach. It's at the end of the game, the smaller guy was frustrated. The first punch he just stared at him like "really?", not so much like he is small, but kind of like "that did nothing...seriously" then the guy tried again and that's when edvinsson took care of it. If he just went off the ice after and did nothing then I'd probably be perplexed a little and think maybe one of those punches landed well, but he was trying to fire up the crowd when leaving.

It's all about picking your battles and that just wasn't the time for it until it was pushed over to far. Exactly what I tell my son, if another kid hits you on the playground, you tell them to stop or don't do that. If they do it again, I'll defend you to anyone who questions your actions (principle, teacher, etc.) because it's fair game now. You got the warning, now it's on you. He's 4 btw. Gotta teach them young :fight:

While I agree with your, "don't be a bully and start a fight but if you have to, don't afraid to finish it," mentality (that's basically what my dad told me as a kid) in hockey I agree with Newfy.

That guy was swinging wildly at Edvinsson. His teammates were reaching for Ed after he downed the guy. That senators team is about as punkish as the real senators team so swing fast, swing hard, and put them down. Don't even give them the opportunity to surprise you because they aren't kids on a playground. If they catch you buy surprise they can hurt you.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
While I agree with your, "don't be a bully and start a fight but if you have to, don't afraid to finish it," mentality (that's basically what my dad told me as a kid) in hockey I agree with Newfy.

That guy was swinging wildly at Edvinsson. His teammates were reaching for Ed after he downed the guy. That senators team is about as punkish as the real senators team so swing fast, swing hard, and put them down. Don't even give them the opportunity to surprise you because they aren't kids on a playground. If they catch you buy surprise they can hurt you.
I can see arguments for both sides. But if we know that's how the organization goes, and its the end of a game, I would just wait until they play again and finish it then if it really is that big of a deal. Preference? I prefer that ed just stays on the ice after puck drop in this exact scenario and just runs him over if they are on the ice together again. If not? Then take a number (i used to be good at that) and when the next game comes up, use it as a google alert or something and remember oh yeah, I need to end him tonight, got it. lol.

Again, I see both sides. I would be indifferent either way regardless of what happened. Of course they aren't on the playground and these are grown players and if there is anything that the UFC teaches you, anyone can get caught, but edvinsson seems like the kind of guy that can take punches, at least he gives off that vibe imo. Probably his towering size, so probably not a good way to measure it lol.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
IMG_6124.jpeg

Cake Eater

Jan 19, 2022
That the attitude it seems like he had, and its absolutely not true. All it takes is a little jersey tug, or for him to step on a skate in a scrum like that and he slips a bit, and boom hes wearing that right on his chin.

Talking about how its on ice, and then saying provided he maintains his balance is kind of an oxymoron. Thats not a guarantee, sp protect yourself. Exact same height difference below

Yeah but you have to admit the two bigger players are nothing alike. Edvinsson is the far better skater, much better balance, longer reach, had more gear on. When Crookshank had his couple wild swings there was a very very little chance of connecting. Once Ed realized he was actually wanting to tilt it was over at that point. He locked him up, gained leverage, and easily took him down. His background was apparent.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
That the attitude it seems like he had, and its absolutely not true. All it takes is a little jersey tug, or for him to step on a skate in a scrum like that and he slips a bit, and boom hes wearing that right on his chin.

Talking about how its on ice, and then saying provided he maintains his balance is kind of an oxymoron. Thats not a guarantee, sp protect yourself. Exact same height difference below

In the video the major difference is the smaller fighter was able to quickly close the range and get into striking range for him. About midway through the taller player was able to push him out of range and the smaller player had to go defensive and wait to get back into range. Once he got under him and into range he was able to tune him up more. However the big thing that video shows me at least is that both players were actually proficient at fighting which wasn't the case in the Edvinsson fight. It's not that big of a deal and I'm just enjoying our back and forth on this topic so no worries just enjoying the conversation.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Edvinsson wouldn't be able to act like that with the bigger, meaner players at the NHL level, but I'm sure someone in the org will talk to him about that.

Reactions: sepster

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Yeah but you have to admit the two bigger players are nothing alike. Edvinsson is the far better skater, much better balance, longer reach, had more gear on. When Crookshank had his couple wild swings there was a very very little chance of connecting. Once Ed realized he was actually wanting to tilt it was over at that point. He locked him up, gained leverage, and easily took him down. His background was apparent.

Theyre nothing alike in the sense that if you include his time in the OHL, Valabik had roughly 100 career fights to his name and that still happened to him. I would bet a lot of money on Edvinsson getting beat up by Valabik in his prime and it still happened to him, you have to be ready

In the video the major difference is the smaller fighter was able to quickly close the range and get into striking range for him. About midway through the taller player was able to push him out of range and the smaller player had to go defensive and wait to get back into range. Once he got under him and into range he was able to tune him up more. However the big thing that video shows me at least is that both players were actually proficient at fighting which wasn't the case in the Edvinsson fight. It's not that big of a deal and I'm just enjoying our back and forth on this topic so no worries just enjoying the conversation.

So what youre saying is that there were ways for a smaller fighter to be able to win and do some damage to a bigger fighter. So dont even let a guy have a chance, if hes swinging at your head, dont sit their waith your hands at your side just because youre bigger. It might not work out next time

Reactions: sepster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad