Player Discussion Evander Kane

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
I mean that's just it. Sure he has something, but is it enough to warrant LTIR. Or if he stays on it too long is he going to speak up and cause a shit storm?

He was after all injured and at the same time complained about being on the third line, so one could imagine if he was on the LTIR what would happen and he thought he was healthy.

I'm wondering if the communication with the org was simply lacking. Holland doesn't strike me at all as someone that would even consider doing the LTIR scamming that helped 2/4 of the last cup winners. There must be some appeal to Kane if the org is willing to let him get surgery and fully rehab at his own pace, participate in practice for a good period after and be 100% healthy for playoffs.

I know guys have pride and want to play, but as a guy heading to mid 30's the opportunity to be able to do a full reset on his health and fitness over a year and still get paid in full. That's pretty sweet no?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I'm wondering if the communication with the org was simply lacking. Holland doesn't strike me at all as someone that would even consider doing the LTIR scamming that helped 2/4 of the last cup winners. There must be some appeal to Kane if the org is willing to let him get surgery and fully rehab at his own pace, participate in practice for a good period after and be 100% healthy for playoffs.

I know guys have pride and want to play, but as a guy heading to mid 30's the opportunity to be able to do a full reset on his health and fitness over a year and still get paid in full. That's pretty sweet no?
And be able to come into the playoffs and be an absolute wrecking machine 100% healthy and be a massive X factor for the team.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

I 100% agree, although it is quite refreshing that a guy wants to play the way he does. Over the years how many guys would've wished there was a way to go on LTIR so that they didn't have to be apart of this club?

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
This is what Kane does for the Oilers when he's healthy, and a willing combatant with anyone that wants to catch a fade.

Chills to see what the guy looked like when healthy. There is no doubt he tips the scales and we win the cup this year if he's at full strength. We really missed what he brings. If he can come back and be close to the player that's in those clips, it will be well worth it to get him fixed up this year.

Last edited:

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Chills to see what the guy looked like when healthy. There is no doubt he tips the scales and we win the cup this year if he's a full strength. We really missed what he brings. If he can come back and be close to the player that's in those clips, it will be well worth it to get him fixed up this year.
Absolutely, he missed 5 games in the finals and it’s the only series we lost. I want him playing 80 games and hungry for playoffs, pipe dream obviously but Kane is a lot more valuable than some here choose to think.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Absolutely, he missed 5 games in the finals and it’s the only series we lost. I want him playing 80 games and hungry for playoffs, pipe dream obviously but Kane is a lot more valuable than some here choose to think.

Will be great if he can hold off Father Time for another year. Hopefully the rest will do him good. I feel like a healthy Kane on the third line with Henrique would give us one of the deepest forward groups of all time (literally). It's against the odds obviously, but.... here is hoping

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Wish they had footage of that whole altercation. Cant really tell how it started and the geezer didn’t really say anything crazy in the clip itself.

If it’s true he spit at them and said that he’s f***ed in the head. Looks like a normal enough older guy, he should be f***ing ashamed if he actually acted that way, that’s the type of outburst you expect from a manic addict.

It doesn’t sound like Kane witnessed how this started but I trust Kane

Reactions: oilers'72

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Wish they had footage of that whole altercation. Cant really tell how it started and the geezer didn’t really say anything crazy in the clip itself.

If it’s true he spit at them and said that he’s f***ed in the head. Looks like a normal enough older guy, he should be f***ing ashamed if he actually acted that way, that’s the type of outburst you expect from a manic addict.

It doesn’t sound like Kane witnessed how this started but I trust Kane
Doesnt sound like Kane witnessed it?

Allegedly his vehicle is the one that got spit on.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Looks like this was in Highlands Ada Blvd. Supposed to be a very "progressive" neighbourhood in Edmonton.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I mean if the guy spit on the vehicle unprovoked that's pretty disgusting. At the same time some people treat people on bikes like garbage, so who knows if the guy was cut off or what really happened.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
I mean if the guy spit on the vehicle unprovoked that's pretty disgusting. At the same time some people treat people on bikes like garbage, so who knows if the guy was cut off or what really happened.

This is immediately what I thought when I saw a confrontation between a biker and a cyclist. Like with tinted windows and the speed people are going, who has time to even see the person and react so quickly as to spit on their vehicle. Then again, I forget how racist some people actually are.

Barrsy

May 14, 2017
Always hilarious when people show up to act like Alberta is any different to other places. When you’ve ‘lived your whole life in Alberta’ your perspective might not be as accurate as you think it is. Just saying.
I havnt lived my whole life, or even close, in Alberta.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad