Evander Kane

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
yes but you know "blow it up" works only in theory and will not pan out favorably for the Sharks. we've been through this ad nauseam

Blow it up is the only real answer. It was the front office that put this group of players and coaches together that allowed themselves to fracture and then use it as an excuse to suck. People will be fooling themselves if they think Kane is the root of all this. They need to move on from the likes of Cooch, Kane, Meier, Burns, Karlsson, Labanc, and Vlasic at a minimum as well as the coaches and DW. Take your lumps from it and turn the page is the only way out of perpetual mediocrity and inevitable strife that will be left over if you don’t clean it out.

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
So you're in favor of Kane almost physically attacking a coach?
Not trying to defend Kane, but the power play was a dumpster fire.

Also, "almost" attacking a coach seems kinda wish-washy. I'm sure there's many people out there that are tired of being told what to do by someone that doesn't know what they're talking about that "almost attack" because they're sick of doing the same stupid shit over and over while expecting different results. "nearly came to blows" is what overly dramatic people say when there's some disagreement. If you got Timo physically holding Kane back and BB physically holding RT back from getting into a fist fight it's "almost came to blows" but if it got to that point I'm sure it would be worthy of its own article.

For example, every once in a while, I think about dumpsacking Boughner's house because he completely failed at his job, him not doing his job doesn't make thinking about dumpsacking his house right, but it also doesn't make it wrong either. Just a thought, an "almost..." But those same overly dramatic folks would write about me "almost" doing it as a way to force opinions to look at my thoughts as negatively as normal people would look at actual actions.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
I don't blame Boughner. He's not the type of coach who could bring troublesome players to heel. If that's what the team needed, DW should have hired a different, more truculent coach.

More proof, though, of Kane's lack of professionalism and humanity.

Last edited:
Reactions: CHIshark

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Blow it up is the only real answer. It was the front office that put this group of players and coaches together that allowed themselves to fracture and then use it as an excuse to suck. People will be fooling themselves if they think Kane is the root of all this. They need to move on from the likes of Cooch, Kane, Meier, Burns, Karlsson, Labanc, and Vlasic at a minimum as well as the coaches and DW. Take your lumps from it and turn the page is the only way out of perpetual mediocrity and inevitable strife that will be left over if you don’t clean it out.

I get all of that, but the "take your lumps" will manifest as "suck for 6 more years, trade draft capital to get out of bad contracts, and then start a rebuild."

The situation is f***ed with no good solutions :/

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I get all of that, but the "take your lumps" will manifest as "suck for 6 more years, trade draft capital to get out of bad contracts, and then start a rebuild."

The situation is f***ed with no good solutions :/

I agree there’s no good solutions but there are better options than continuing to let it fester into the next generation of Sharks players.

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
As much as I want Kane to work out, at some point there is just too many rumors and issues for some of it not to be true.
Same

I want to wait for more official information to really make heads and tails of all this, but the fact that (as far as I know) not one single teammate or coach or trainer or anyone has said anything even neutral about Kane in his defense while he is being dragged through the mud is concerning

SharksAddict

Dec 21, 2008
As much as I want Kane to work out, at some point there is just too many rumors and issues for some of it not to be true.

Yep, it's reached a crossroad. They have to move on at this point. You can't continue to have a cancer in the locker room. Here's hoping the NHL finds something, as horrible as it is to say.

Reactions: CHIshark

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
Will lol if Kane and Timo go full nWo and tease that they have a "third man"

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Barabanov-Hertl-Blichfeld
Balcers-Couture-Labanc
Dahlen-Bonino-Chmelevski
Cogliano-Gambrell-Nieto

Calder Cup's all but locked up this year!

CJL182

Oct 9, 2008
Will lol if Kane and Timo go full nWo and tease that they have a "third man"

Would Cooch be the Hogan equivalent at this point? I think the better booking would be this:
  • Jumbo comes back on a 1 year retirement deal and is established as the beacon of light to right the ship in the locker room.
  • On opening night, he gets announced earlier in the player intros to huge fan fare, only to turn heel by attacking Couture when he's announced, revealing Jumbo is the 3rd man
  • Boos rain down when "my god, that's Marleau's music!" ensues
  • Fans get entertained with this mess for the year, while the team tanks and gets the first overall pick

Reactions: sharski

seroes

May 3, 2016
California
Yep, it's reached a crossroad. They have to move on at this point. You can't continue to have a cancer in the locker room. Here's hoping the NHL finds something, as horrible as it is to say.

That may be the Sharks best case scenario. However assuming that doesn't happen, do we really want to buy him out? That's 6 years of even more dead cap space with Vlassics and Karlsson's contract becoming worse by the day. We probably have the worst Cao situation in the league by far.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
If Timo gets traded and Kane's contract is voided, this team might faceplant into a top-3 pick in the 2022 draft lol

That would be spectacular plus there's whatever we get out of a Timo trade. lol The team needs to rip the band-aid off and start over.

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA

I think there's some risk of conflating activity worthy of the NHL voiding the contract, generally being a bad person off-the-ice, and generally being bad for the team. I certainly wouldn't defend any of this conduct, but I think there's some risk of being inconsistent. Many NHL players have done horrible, horrible things off the ice, and we still root for them and don't say they should be kicked off teams. It seems the broad standard is: if the person is not bad for the team (locker room, on ice play, NHL-voiding-contract worthy behavior), most fans allow for /some/ amount of reprehensible activity off the ice. If that standard is to be applied, I don't know if we can fully write Kane off: we have some rumors of him being bad for the team, but nothing definitive.

Sure, if he's actually bad for the team, then it's time to make a change. But many NHLers are not angels, and we still root for them. And we don't nesc. know the full off-ice story.

Wedontneedroads

Jul 14, 2008
San Jose
Definitely a difficult decision for Hasso, but he is one of the most successful businessmen in the world. I'm sure has dealt with similar situations before.

Your business/workplace has turned toxic. You don't fix a toxic business by trying to reshape the toxic employees that got you where you are today. One bad apple spoils the barrel, and we have an entire barrel of spoiled apples in San Jose.

Clean house, and put new people in charge that have a clear direction of where you want your business to be in 3/4 years. Take your lumps now, and reap the rewards down the line.

Cut ties with Kane; trade Meir, Couture, Labanc, and Hertl for assets; see if you can get anyone to bite on Burns, Vlassic, EK.

There are some nice young pieces in the organization who will be poisoned by this toxicity that management/players refused to acknowledge and deal with.

Of course, this is the Sharks, and we will likely see a half-ass attempt at being competitive in a league that has clearly passed them by.

Reactions: BigDmitriy

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
That may be the Sharks best case scenario. However assuming that doesn't happen, do we really want to buy him out? That's 6 years of even more dead cap space with Vlassics and Karlsson's contract becoming worse by the day. We probably have the worst Cao situation in the league by far.

Their contracts are actually becoming better by the day

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
I agree with the poster that said it’s suspect that literally no one has come out in Kane’s defense. Not a tweet from any one in the locker room…

I used to really like Kane, but all this is damning and a reaaaal bad look for the coaches and DW. If no gambling happened, and they can’t void the contract, their only option is to keep him on a crazy short leash. Any infraction, he gets benched. Stop the bullshit.

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I agree with the poster that said it’s suspect that literally no one has come out in Kane’s defense. Not a tweet from any one in the locker room…

I used to really like Kane, but all this is damning and a reaaaal bad look for the coaches and DW. If no gambling happened, and they can’t void the contract, their only option is to keep him on a crazy short leash. Any infraction, he gets benched. Stop the bullshit.

The fact that all this happened and not once did the coaches or front office do anything only shows me that the rot goes further than the players. It's not going to be fixed by getting rid of just the problem child.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
The fact that all this happened and not once did the coaches or front office do anything only shows me that the rot goes further than the players. It's not going to be fixed by getting rid of just the problem child.
It’s such a bad look for the organization. No players are worth this type of coddling except maybe Crosby or McDavid and those guys don’t have major character issues.

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Would Cooch be the Hogan equivalent at this point? I think the better booking would be this:
  • Jumbo comes back on a 1 year retirement deal and is established as the beacon of light to right the ship in the locker room.
  • On opening night, he gets announced earlier in the player intros to huge fan fare, only to turn heel by attacking Couture when he's announced, revealing Jumbo is the 3rd man
  • Boos rain down when "my god, that's Marleau's music!" ensues
  • Fans get entertained with this mess for the year, while the team tanks and gets the first overall pick
Jumbo just adds another layer of BS into the locker room. No turning back the page on that one

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
If we go into this season with this situation unresolved, Hasso has no choice but to clean house

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
Jumbo just adds another layer of BS into the locker room. No turning back the page on that one

More like Jumbo absorbed all the crazy from the team and kept them sane.

Yet another thing about him that his detractors will never mention. It’s not easy to lead the team and also act a vessel storing an entire roster worths of crazy.

Also we need a Torts type coach. Can Torts be convinced to leave ESPN?

Reactions: Yak
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad