Proposal: Evander Kane to Ottawa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Sorry for me? What? Am I not entitled to how I prefer to do things? I have never supported tanking and NEVER will. I have the right to. I am NOT getting combative or anything. I am saying I dispise tanking.
I get what you're saying, it just was completely unnecessary to get irate with me about it. I wasn't offering an opposing viewpoint, just explaining the connection between the trade and Eichel in some fans eyes. Since you asked about it.

The fact you even said "whatever floats your boat" gives me the impression you misinterpreted my post (since I wasn't offering MY opinion), read whatever you wanted to read, and that you're just grasping at any reason you can find to moan about the evils of tanking... which is kind of sad.

Last edited:

ForSpareParts*

No one is even acknowledging the risk BUF is taking trading for Lark Mudclarthur (Clarke MacArthur). He played a whole 4 games last season. At age 31 that is a bad thing.

McPhatty00

Apr 23, 2014
State College, PA
1. No team in their right mind is offering a worthwhile deal for Kane.

2. Murray will get fleeced if he really feels the need to deal him, right now.

In summary: New topic.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I get what you're saying, it just was completely unnecessary to get irate with me about it. I wasn't offering an opposing viewpoint, just explaining the connection between the trade and Eichel in some fans eyes. Since you asked about it.

The fact you even said "whatever floats your boat" gives me the impression you misinterpreted my post (since I wasn't offering MY opinion), read whatever you wanted to read, and that you're just grasping at any reason you can find to moan about the evils of tanking... which is kind of sad.

Sorry if I gave you a bad impression. You know what they say? Texting is like only 7% efficient in communicating properly, so a message board like this might be about the same. We don't get the intentions, the gestures, the looks, etc. I wasn't mad or anything and still am not. I just hate tanking. If I was a NHL owner, I would fire anyone who entertain this idea. All I would want is people that think about winning all the time. Of course, I would have to be able to provide the money to support that mentality. Signing UFAs (and college UFAs) and then trading (some of) them with drafted players at the deadline would be part of the strategy. But to me, DRAFTING is key. Trading is also important in finding the right recipe for a team. Yes "tanking" works but most of the time it doesn't even work (no need to state all the examples). Losing and finishing last happens so I am not going to gripe about it, but setting yourself up to finish among last every year is sad IMO.

Now I don't understand why you think I was getting "irate with you"? I am hating on tanking, not you. That's pretty much it. I have the right to hate tanking, you don't need to feel "sorry" for me or think my situation is "sad". Don't worry, I am doing pretty good ;)

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
Ignoring off ice issues, Yes I'd make that deal as Sens GM.

However, he's a virus and because of that I wouldn't want him on my team.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
This thread really isn't getting any better. Getting circular.

One person likes Kane.... Most Everyone else does not.
No one on the Ottawa side is remotely interested.

It's a wrap

Agreed, though we prefer you let us make the call on when it's a wrap. :P

It's a wrap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad