Proposal: Evander Kane to Ottawa

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Clarke MacArthur + Matt Puempel for Evander Kane

Hoffman-Turris-Stone
Kane-Brassard-Ryan
Smith-Pageau-Lazar

So assuming you are a Sens fan if this OP happens it's appears you may have to pick Kane up at the Ottawa airport alone and I suggest you get your windows tinted based on the response by your fellow Sens fans. :laugh:

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Many of the previous posts in this thread claim that Murray is trying to get rid of Kane. Many also claim to know exactly what went on in Winnipeg.

You didn't respond to anything else in my post, so I will assume that you take no issue with the rest.

I went back through the thread. A grand total of two people mentioned anything about locker room stuff in Winnipeg. You challenged one of them, and they replied, "I'm tired, you win." So really one person, and that person made no such claim. It was clearly an assumption, and it wasn't even a specific assumption. I'd say the report of Byfuglien throwing Kane's clothes in a shower are good enough to make an assumption that there were problems in their locker room involving Kane.

Oh and one person said that Murray is shopping him. That's it. One person, and they didn't say, "trying to get rid of." They said "shopping him."

Please just stop making things up. People don't agree with your assertion that Ottawa should obtain Kane, if available (you seem to take issue with him even being available since you challenged the person who said he is being shopped). It's no big deal. You don't have to make things up to try to change our minds.

ForSpareParts*

You didn't respond to anything else in my post, so I will assume that you take no issue with the rest.

I went back through the thread. A grand total of two people mentioned anything about locker room stuff in Winnipeg. You challenged one of them, and they replied, "I'm tired, you win." So really one person, and that person made no such claim. It was clearly an assumption, and it wasn't even a specific assumption. I'd say the report of Byfuglien throwing Kane's clothes in a shower are good enough to make an assumption that there were problems in their locker room involving Kane.

Oh and one person said that Murray is shopping him. That's it. One person, and they didn't say, "trying to get rid of." They said "shopping him."

Please just stop making things up. People don't agree with your assertion that Ottawa should obtain Kane, if available (you seem to take issue with him even being available since you challenged the person who said he is being shopped). It's no big deal. You don't have to make things up to try to change our minds.

I didn't make things up.

People can make up their own minds.

It's just a trade proposal thread. None of us have any sway in the matter.

I just don't dismiss the idea. We are here talking about possibilities. I don't think it's so easy to brush off the OP. I also think you can't just believe that every professional sports franchise thinks of morality first before wins. And look no further than the Sens recent history who took a big risk with Danny Heatley.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
:facepalm:

Ok, guy. That's enough from me.

Sens clearly say no. You ask why not. They explained, so accept it or dismiss it but no one is being convinced.

ForSpareParts*

:facepalm:

Ok, guy. That's enough from me.

Sens clearly say no. You ask why not. They explained, so accept it or dismiss it but no one is being convinced.

Well there's the OP and myself. At least two of us.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Why would I prefer to have MacArthur over Evander Kane?

Oh sorry, maybe because I didn't look at the age.

Clarke MacArthur is a real fine hockey player. Evander Kane could potentially be better, but that ship has sailed IMO. Clarke produce more for less money and is a positive influence. Why do the Sens have to add?

Since the start of the 2013-2014 season

MacArthur has scored at 52pts/82 games. Kane has scored at 49pts/82games
Macarthur has scored at 23g/82 games. Kane has scored at 24g/82 games.

Numbers agree. Reality is that MacArthur is a better hockey player

Counter:

Bobby Ryan

For

Evander Kane
Marcus Foligno
2nd

Bobby Ryan is a much better hockey player. Sens don't HAVE TO trade Ryan at all, why would they make their hockey team worse?

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Lots of reports of issues with teammates in Buff including Gionta.

Please post links

I am a Buffalo fan and I am unaware of these issues you mention.
Unless you are talking about that one time Kane missed practice and Gionta mentioned that stuff like that can't happen and that Kane had apologized to all his teammates. But Gionta sure didn't seem like he had any problems with Kane and I've never seen anything else about it.

Actually, from everything I've seen Kane is very well liked by his teammates in Buffalo.

Last edited:

Oakstream

Let's go Buffalo!
Aug 10, 2010
Sweden
The reason I lost respect for Tim Murray was bringing Kane in. He literally had been kicked off the team by his teammates. He was put in IR and was no longer on the Jets roster. Buffalo was the youngest and worst and most inexperienced team in the league... Why bring in an obvious locker room and off ice cancer to a team that needs leadership and not a completely negative, unprofessional influence.

If somehow Kane ended up in San Jose or Chicago or LA... Or something... At least you really do have a vet experienced team to not get derailed by Kane... And maybe set him right.

Buffalo getting Kane when they did was one of the dumbest NHL moves I can ever remember.

Sabres should suspend him and try to trade or waive him. He needs gone. You don't want him around a fresh and developing team of players.

Buffalo trading for Kane when they did ultimately gave them Eichel. So for Buffalo that alone makes it one of the best trades in their history.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Buffalo trading for Kane when they did ultimately gave them Eichel. So for Buffalo that alone makes it one of the best trades in their history.

Sorry what? What is the link with Eichel?

Buffalo acquired :

Evander Kane, Zach Bogosian and Jason Kasdorf

Winnipeg acquired :

Tyler Myers, Drew Stafford, Joel Armia, Brendan Lemieux and a 1st round pick in 2015 (Jack Roslovic)

The Jets absolutely killed it with this trade.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY

Buffalo acquired :

Winnipeg acquired :

Tyler Myers, Drew Stafford, Joel Armia, Brendan Lemieux and a 1st round pick in 2015 (Jack Roslovic)

1. If the Jets won the trade, it means Buffalo lost talent. Having less talent means a worse team. A worse team means a better draft pick. Eichel.

2. Even if you want to argue that the value was fair on both sides, Kane was injured and out for the rest of the season. Which means the main piece coming back couldn't play during the "tank year". When good players can't play, you have a worse team. A worse team means a better draft pick. Eichel.

Some people think Buffalo may have intentionally made the trade with one of these two points in mind, to ice a worse team, to "tank"... and draft Eichel. Hence, the link between the trade and Eichel.

Last edited:

Oakstream

Let's go Buffalo!
Aug 10, 2010
Sweden
1. If the Jets won the trade, it means Buffalo lost talent. Having less talent means a worse team. A worse team means a better draft pick. Eichel.

2. Even if you want to argue that the value was fair on both sides, Kane was injured and out for the rest of the season. Which means the main piece coming back couldn't play during the "tank year". When good players can't play, you have a worse team. A worse team means a better draft pick. Eichel.

Some people think Buffalo may have intentionally made the trade with one of these two points in mind, to ice a worse team, to "tank"... and draft Eichel. Hence, the link between the trade and Eichel.

Yep exactly ☺

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

1- Ah ok, sorry but I don't have the "HF mentality", for me "tanking" and getting the highest consolation prize is for LOSERS, and even if you end up winning, you stay a loser

2- whatever floats your boat, losing on purpose sure doesn't float mine.

The Jets absolutely killed it with this trade. And I am not even a person who judges trades by "team A won the trade". A trade is trading from a position of strength to address a position of need. In that case, the Jets easily won the trade.

ForSpareParts*

1- Ah ok, sorry but I don't have the "HF mentality", for me "tanking" and getting the highest consolation prize is for LOSERS, and even if you end up winning, you stay a loser

The Jets absolutely killed it with this trade. And I am not even a person who judges trades by "team A won the trade". A trade is trading from a position of strength to address a position of need. In that case, the Jets easily won the trade.

Some also argue that the team that ends up with the best player is the victor.

Kane is not done. He could grow up and shake off all this stuff. He just came off a 20 goal season, so there is no way you can say everything has crumbled for Buffalo. Everyone is having a gossip mongering Twitter field day right now, but what if it all washes away some day? Winnipeg might actually regret this.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

Kane is not done. He could grow up and shake off all this stuff. He just came off a 20 goal season, so there is no way you can say everything has crumbled for Buffalo. Everyone is having a gossip mongering Twitter field day right now, but what if it all washes away some day? Winnipeg might actually regret this.

Kane was addition by subtraction for the Jets, everything else was gravy. They will never regret trading Kane, regardless of Kane becoming a much better player

And no, I'm not saying Kane wasn't good.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

The best may be yet to come for Kane but Winnipeg will not regret the trade. The Kane ship had sailed and they did really well considering. How the chips fall now will not lead to sellers remorse IMO.

Last edited:

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
This trade doesn't work for either side. Why would Buffalo trade for MacArthur after he has recently sufferered 2 concussions? Matt Puempel is not enough as an add for them to do it. Why would Ottawa want a head case like Kane? Good player, but too many red flags so far in his career, and he's still pretty young. Makes no sense for either side imo.

ForSpareParts*

Kane was addition by subtraction for the Jets, everything else was gravy. They will never regret trading Kane, regardless of Kane becoming a much better player

And no, I'm not saying Kane wasn't good.

Hahaha. Winnipeg finished 25th overall last season. Keep telling yourself they are doing fine.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
JUst one guys opinion(not a Jets fan);

WPG is going to be a very good team quite soon. If not, they need a new coach.

Dogewow

Such Profile
Feb 1, 2015

So you're part of the morally superior crowd I see? Good to know.

Just so you know, moral superiority doesn't get you cups, and no one cares that you think you're better because you disagree with tanking.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Then call up the Leafs and trade Nylander for E. Kane if you love him so much.

Sens DO NOT want him.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY

All I did was explain the connection between the trade and Eichel, and the rationale of some fans. I never said I agree or disagree with it. If you really need to get combative with neutral strangers online to lift yourself up, then I dunno what to say. Kind of feel sorry for you.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
This thread really isn't getting any better. Getting circular.

One person likes Kane.... Most Everyone else does not.
No one on the Ottawa side is remotely interested.

It's a wrap

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

Drew Stafford scored 21 goals last season. But you are right, we never know, Kane could still turn things around but I am not counting on it. Chances are that he doesn't. At some point, "life" will stop giving you chances.

Hahaha. Winnipeg finished 25th overall last season. Keep telling yourself they are doing fine.

But... but... weren't they close to WINNING (aka tanking) in reality? :sarcasm:

So you're part of the morally superior crowd I see? Good to know.

Just so you know, moral superiority doesn't get you cups, and no one cares that you think you're better because you disagree with tanking.

Moral superiority because I think tanking is like cheating? Or because I'd rather earn things the hard way rather than have them delivered on a silver platter? Or that hating to lose on purpose (because that is what tanking IS) makes you SUPERIOR? Good to know lol

Or is it because the word "losers" is taboo and automatically makes you "superior morally"???

All I did was explain the connection between the trade and Eichel, and the rationale of some fans. I never said I agree or disagree with it. If you really need to get combative with neutral strangers online to lift yourself up, then I dunno what to say. Kind of feel sorry for you.

Sorry for me? What? Am I not entitled to state my opinion on how I prefer to do things? I have never supported tanking and NEVER will. I have the right to. I am NOT getting combative or anything. I am saying that i despise tanking.

Look at my initial post that made you react :

Buffalo acquired :

Winnipeg acquired :

I just didn't see any link with Eichel (and still don't) so I just asked for clarifications

And then you replied, and then comes my other reply :

What is so "combative" about it that makes you feel "sorry" for me? lol I am just STATING that I hate tanking and by "whatever floats your boat" it means that I let you have your OWN opinion about it WITHOUT fighting it. So actually, I was the opposite of being "combative"...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad