Value of: Evander Kane to NYR

FunkyChicken

Jul 24, 2003
Lol great minds think alike
dodB0jF.jpg
I would do Kakko since he would be a better fit for the Oilers at slightly less salary.
Goodrow is too pricy for them, perhaps he could be flipped for one of the Blue Jackets RD.

Kane is a mystery box. Motivated Kane is one of the top power forwards in the league. Unmotivated Kane is a penalty taking give away machine.

Another trade would probably motivate him for a couple seasons.

spaghtti

Oct 13, 2013
What the Oilers need to win is a deeper roster. Kane padding his stats on a McDavid line doesn't exactly address that when it results in an 11/7 setup and a fourth line that's essentially zero impact.

Not that I believe the Oilers would have any shot in hell at Lafreniere, the tradeoff wouldn't be as impactful as you're suggesting between him and Kane assuming both would get the push in the top six. Adding Goodrow to the bottom six would address what is essentially their most immediate roster need.

The Oilers would have to add a lot to get that type of return. But it's right up the alley of what they should be looking for. Kane's presence on their roster is becoming less and less of a need.
Since when is Goodrow a defensive defenceman or goalie?

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Hall, Eberle, Yamamoto, Puljujarvi, Pitlick, Paajarvi, Khaira, Caggiula... RNH was drafted as a center, but has adapted pretty well to the wing. We're probably not too far off until Holloway and Bourgault make their mark at the NHL level.

It's important to note that this roster isn't in dire need of an elite scoring winger. They need solid depth pieces and middle six guys that can keep their head above water.
You do realize every one of those players was better as a Junior than they were as an Oiler right? Ironic post of the century.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
I’d love to see…. ZKane….. traded to the Rangers…… Blake wheeler could pick him up at the Airport. Trouba can tag along to carry his bags.

They go way back!

Maybe NYR can pick Bogassion off Waivers and they could get the band back together…

• Haha
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I’d love to see…. ZKane….. traded to the Rangers…… Blake wheeler could pick him up at the Airport. Trouba can tag along to carry his bags.

They go way back!

Maybe NYR can pick Bogassion off Waivers and they could get the band back together…
When I first read this I was expecting Wheeler to be left behind at the airport.

• Love
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Why so angry at the truth? It's so weird.

The team was trying to trade Kane earlier this summer, a source says, confirming a report from the Daily Faceoff. A big part of the reason for the team to pursue a deal was Kane's strained relationship with many of his teammates, according to several sources.

“Shut the [expletive] up, you selfish [expletive],” Buffalo defenceman Justin Falk screamed at Evander Kane before shoving the Sabres’ star winger during a Wednesday practice, as heard by the Olean Times Herald’s Bill Hopp

We can also add wife, girls he meets at the bar, his current coach and on and on and on.

As the saying goes, If you wake up in the morning and meet an A-hole, you met an A-hole. But if you go through your day and all you meet is A-holes you are probably the A-hole.

Great!! That was when he was young and stupid like a lot of athletes in sports do today. Where the f**k have you been?

Hes married and has a kid. Id say hes matured. You can do that you know. I doubt you do though.

Imagine being so pathetic and comparing a human to a disease.

Also he does charity work and hangs out with kids with guess what? Cancer! What a real prick he is.

• Haha
Reactions: DingerMcSlapshot

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Great!! That was when he was young and stupid like a lot of athletes in sports do today. Where the f**k have you been?

Hes married and has a kid. Id say hes matured. You can do that you know. I doubt you do though.

Also he does charity work and hangs out with kids with guess what? Cancer! What a real prick he is.
Wow, the truth triggers you. You only thought he was a problem in Winnipeg and then I showed you it is every where he goes professionally, socially and currently now that he is emboldened by his guaranteed contract.. But you are still in denial.

Sabres fans said the same thing then Sharks fans after that and now he's publicly still pissing and moaning and you just run into a cave and yell at people that everything is fine. Enjoy fantasy land.

Reactions: DingerMcSlapshot

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Wow, the truth triggers you. You only thought he was a problem in Winnipeg and then I showed you it is every where he goes professionally, socially and currently now that he is emboldened by his guaranteed contract.. But you are still in denial.

Sabres fans said the same thing then Sharks fans after that and now he's publicly still pissing and moaning and you just run into a cave and yell at people that everything is fine. Enjoy fantasy land.
Nope not triggered at all. I know about all that stuff. I unlike you and many others just choose not to live in the past. Oh God not moan and bitch for more ice time thats NEVER been done in pro hockey. 🫢 football and basketball players moan and bitch if they dont get the ball enough too. Youre new to sports though. Thats Ok! Enjoy 2015!

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Nope not triggered at all. I know about all that stuff. I unlike you and many others just choose not to live in the past. Oh God not moan and bitch for more ice time thats NEVER been done in pro hockey. 🫢 football and basketball players moan and bitch if they dont get the ball enough too. Youre new to sports though. Thats Ok! Enjoy 2015!
It was 2 years ago when he was a 30 year old man and you want to make it like it was a long time ago when he was young. Fool me once shame on me, fool me dozens of times shame on Sniper99.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
It was 2 years ago when he was a 30 year old man and you want to make it like it was a long time ago when he was young. Fool me once shame on me, fool me dozens of times shame on Sniper99.
LOL you're still on this hey? I really dont care. Have a good one.

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
Reality.

Evander Kane would be in the ground with his vices within 6 months living in NYC.

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004

The kid certainly didn't mature him considering all the stuff with the Sharks happened after the kid was born

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad