Evander Kane out for 4-6 months

Callista Rhian

Dec 27, 2014
Land of Ice & Snow
If Kane wasn't at the arena, and no one could reach him until an hour before game time, how is that Maurice's decision to scratch him?

Maurice is doing spin control to try and limit the damage. Do you believe everything that is said? MacT- "I see Eakins as a 10 year guy!" You really seem naive about how a lot of the real world actually works.

Perhaps Kane really couldn't be reached, perhaps it's a little bit of a cover-up on everybody. The reality is that we really just don't know.

I'm not saying that Kane was blameless. Far from it. I'm simply saying that he wasn't the only one at fault.

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
Its obvious now he doesn't want to risk his future career for other players that don't want him there.

Th

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
He quit on the team.

Not one teammate came to his defense.

What a ****ing cancer.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Perhaps Kane really couldn't be reached, perhaps it's a little bit of a cover-up on everybody. The reality is that we really just don't know.

I'm not saying that Kane was blameless. Far from it. I'm simply saying that he wasn't the only one at fault.

They explain in detail what faults you point at whom.

You said youre a university student, I'm curious to know how old you are.

Also, Kane should be reachable 24/7 during the hockey season. That would be ANOTHER stupid immature move on his end. Cellphones exist, this guy cant be reached? jesus christ man, you come up with every excuse under the sun to defend this guy.

Lexus

OWN THE MOMENT.
Jan 29, 2009
Favourite Kane moment:

RectangularShrillJanenschia.gif

So long Kane, see you July 1st.... maybe.

Last edited:

sanityplease

Jun 21, 2011
He quit on the team.

Not one teammate came to his defense.

What a ****ing cancer.

Great point. That's very telling. Also Stuart's (think it was Stuart) comments post practice, saying that the media has no idea what's been happening in the locker room over the last few years. He mentioned this while being q'd about Kane.

The money phone, money push-ups, tracksuit, not showing up to get on the bus: Almost guaranteed that these things are only tip of the iceberg with this guy...

More stories will leak out over time, always do.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
What about all the other injured Jets this season? Are they also quitters?

He was obviously able to play with the injury because he was doing it.

Then he gets embarrassed by Buf and he shuts it down.

Good riddance Kane, gtfo.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
This is what pissed me off in the first place. The only reason I'm defending him is because a lot of people here seem to feel that it was unilaterally his fault. We're all fans. None of us have insider information. And yet you people just start slagging off on the guy.

I have in none of my posts said that he was blameless. I might not not call him out in all of them, but I've written enough posts that say he shares the blame.

CR- just IMO - but your posts come off as blaming everyone else in the Jets organization seemingly on the assumption that this was malicious and a "first incident" type of issue with Kane.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
CR- just IMO - but your posts come off as blaming everyone else in the Jets organization seemingly on the assumption that this was malicious and a "first incident" type of issue with Kane.

Youre not the only one that thought his posts came off that way.

thebigbea

Jun 14, 2011
hes a great player but bad attitude.. maybe cancel to some locker room... hes been like that since his junior days.. watch him play alot as a vancouver giant

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
You know you're doing it wrong when your commitment is being challenged by a guy whose off season training program involves drunkenly driving his boat around as he stuffs dozens of Krispy Kreme donuts down.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site

CR - I'm not condoning what Buff did, but Kane's response is completely "off the reservation" from my perspective. You seem to assume that no one in a leadership position ever communicated to Kane what the expectation was, or the importance of following the team rules. I obviously can't say for a fact that it happened, but my experience tells me that someone very likely had those conversations with Kane.

I totally agree that we don't know all the facts and circumstances. Just that your posts consistently seem to place a majority of the blame either on the organization itself, or the leadership of the team for Kane's issues. If the communication I mention above did take place, and Kane continued to not follow team rules, that's on Kane. I look at Buff's actions as someone who is trying to make a point in a private forum that let's the player know that disrespecting your teammates (which is what it is when a player doesn't follow team rules) is not acceptable. If that is what happened, and Kane handles this like a pro, there is not issue. Obviously, that's not what happened, and I agree that it could have been handled differently by Buff, but I am giving Buff the benefit of the doubt and guess that he was trying to keep it "in house" with the players and not get the organization involved.

Callista Rhian

Dec 27, 2014
Land of Ice & Snow

"Is he a dick? Maybe."

"I realise that ["Kane has gotten a lot of negative press during his time in the NHL, a lot of which had to do with his actions off the ice."], but I feel that the Jets handled it poorly."

"Did everyone act poorly? Yes. Kane for his immaturity, Buff for his childishness, and management and Ladd for letting it get this out of hand."

"Can he do better? Hell yeah."

How is this blaming everyone but Kane? I'm acknowledging his faults while pointing out that he isn't the only one at fault.

And to the poster who suggested I listen to TSN - even they are saying that the organisation should have stepped in earlier, that the coach should have been more aware of the situation.

Also, I am not a guy. Callista Rhian. How much more girly do I have to make it?

Last edited:

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Whatever team gets him is going to be very pleased. This will be a wake up call for a very good player, which will be traded for at a discounted price.

Tough break for Jets fans.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
It's also interesting that no former players have come to Kane's defense, nor are any of them condemning Buff's part in this (a couple even applaud it, including guys who've had similar things done to them).

Everything about this case looks like one player was causing a lot of problems and the team finally had enough. Now the player is biting back by shutting down his season, which is his right, but I don't buy for a second that part of his motivation is not taking a shot at the Jets by making himself impossible to trade.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
"Is he a dick? Maybe."

"I realise that ["Kane has gotten a lot of negative press during his time in the NHL, a lot of which had to do with his actions off the ice."], but I feel that the Jets handled it poorly."

"Did everyone act poorly? Yes. Kane for his immaturity, Buff for his childishness, and management and Ladd for letting it get this out of hand."

"Can he do better? Hell yeah."

How is this blaming everyone but Kane? I'm acknowledging his faults while pointing out that he isn't the only one at fault.

And to the poster who suggested I listen to TSN - even they are saying that the organisation should have stepped in earlier, that the coach should have been more aware of the situation.

Also, I am not a guy. Callista Rhian. How much more girly do I have to make it?

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/o-neill-does-blame-lie-with-kane-or-jets-leadership-1.201235

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
I realise that, but I feel that the Jets handled it poorly.

Look at the better Kane. He was a party boy that had terrible press, but the Hawks stuck by him and mentored him, and he's now a respected player.

Kane is nowhere as good as P Kane, but his team mates have apparently disliked him since almost the beginning and if the track suit incident is any indication of how they tried to "mentor" him, no wonder he has issues with them.

This guy's been busting his ass despite a constant stream of injuries, and since a player's job is to play hockey to the best of his ability, I don't see how he has genuinely "disrespected" his team.

Really? He's 23. I'm a university student, and I can tell you that there are men older than him act far more boorishly. Can he do better? Hell yeah. But to say that a handful of incidents over a strong, productive 6-year career - meaning that he had to be dedicated to hockey to achieve those stats - makes him an uncoachable cancer?

Give me a break.

1) He's been playing his ass off despite being injured

2) He either made an innocent mistake or showed up to a meeting wearing athletic gear, something which doesn't infringe upon a another person or his property

3) Buff (who, by the way, keeps showing up out of shape and who has driven a boat while drunk - something that could have seriously injured others) somehow decided that he was the guy to be handing down punishment and infringed upon his property

4) Kane decides screw it - I've been playing hard despite being injured and you jackasses can't appreciate that? FU.

Did everyone act poorly? Yes. Kane for his immaturity, Buff for his childishness, and management and Ladd for letting it get this out of hand.

I'll revise my opinion if I had any decent proof of that. Seriously, give me proof and I'll take back everything.

And no, I simply think the track suit thing is the straw that broke the camel's back. He's been made an outsider for years, and now he's fed up. Why should he put his health on the line for people who clearly don't want him there?

Not attacking you - just trying to provide perspective of why people disagree. In all of these post, you are MUCH more negative towards the Jets that Kane, or outright are making excuses for Kane.

And saying that Kane "can do better" isn't really being critical of him IMO. We can all "do better" in pretty much every situation in life.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad