Evander Kane out for 4-6 months

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Maybe he doesn't WANT to be there anymore? So why should he play hurt when he could get his surgery, prepare in the off season, get traded, and start new?

The whole attitude around how players should be in the NHL is just stupid. "Be classy, be for the team, blah blah blah"

He signed a contract, that's why. Do you understand what it means to be a professional?

I understand he has an injury. The timing of him all of a sudden deciding he needs surgery is certainly suspicious though and almost certainly has to do with the recent incident.

Good luck on finding a team that wants to take on his problems though.. That's why you act like a professional when you sign a contract. No one wants to take on a player that bails when he doesn't feel like playing anymore and likes to cause locker room drama.

When you play a team sport, it's about the team, not the individual. How do you not understand that?

maketrades

May 30, 2014
Has anyone else stopped for a second to think that maybe his teammates were pissed that he was playing ****** because he was injured and told him to go get surgery. I mean sometimes professional athletes are competitive and want to play through injuries even if it means they suck...just saying...

thelos

Bunk
Jul 19, 2011
Has anyone else stopped for a second to think that maybe his teammates were pissed that he was playing ****** because he was injured and told him to go get surgery. I mean sometimes professional athletes are competitive and want to play through injuries even if it means they suck...just saying...

Most jets fans will tell you he was still playing hard even with the injury. Was the best player on his line by far

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
He signed a contract, that's why. Do you understand what it means to be a professional?

I understand he has an injury. The timing of him all of a sudden deciding he needs surgery is certainly suspicious though and almost certainly has to do with the recent incident.

A professional certainly wouldn't expect his clothes to thrown in the shower by a bunch of other "professionals".

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013

He was one of our best players game in and game out leading up to the incident, and it's a matter of us having 2 lines now vs 3 lines with him in. This hurts the team immensely.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
He literally skipped a game because he was pouting over his clothes getting wet. When you're a professional, like he is supposed to be, you should act like one. Skipping games is about as uncoachable as it gets.

This is pretty much the most publicly unprofessional thing I've seen a NHL player do since Grabovski left the team and flew to L.A. to complain to his agent about being scratched in a game.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
My read as well. I have no doubt he has an actual injury, I just question the coincidence of timing that it needs surgery now. I think it is a big FU I am done kind of statement.

I agree as well.

Rather then play through an injury hes already been playing with..and finally play some playoff hockey...he choses to stick it to the team and declare himself done for the year.

Looks like another selfish move again...but really IMO works against him...if other teams read into it as well like this..no one will want that guy in their org.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
A professional certainly wouldn't expect his clothes to thrown in the shower by a bunch of other "professionals".

A professional would come dressed in the attire he agreed to wear in his contract, like every other player in the entire league. Why is he the exception? The fact that he thinks he's the exception is exactly why he's not a team player and a locker room cancer.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
P Kane had the cab incident, the Madison incident, the partying, etc, but he's straightened himself out. Madison was in 2012, and he was also 23 at the time.

Also, the dress-code thing was silly. He thought it was a mid-day meeting at the hotel instead of at the rink. Should he have read the schedule better? Yeah. But it's definitely a stretch to say that that was "disrespecting the team".

The big difference between Pat Kane and E. Kane is that P. Kane still had friends in the locker room so clearly this was a personality issue beyond just the flaunting of team rules.

Big Buff seemingly didn't have issues with P. Kane while they were together in Chicago. So it wasn't his partying that bothered his teammates presumably.

Callista Rhian

Dec 27, 2014
Land of Ice & Snow
He literally skipped a game because he was pouting over his clothes getting wet. When you're a professional, like he is supposed to be, you should act like one. Skipping games is about as uncoachable as it gets.

1) He's been playing his ass off despite being injured

2) He either made an innocent mistake or showed up to a meeting wearing athletic gear, something which doesn't infringe upon a another person or his property

3) Buff (who, by the way, keeps showing up out of shape and who has driven a boat while drunk - something that could have seriously injured others) somehow decided that he was the guy to be handing down punishment and infringed upon his property

4) Kane decides screw it - I've been playing hard despite being injured and you jackasses can't appreciate that? FU.

Did everyone act poorly? Yes. Kane for his immaturity, Buff for his childishness, and management and Ladd for letting it get this out of hand.

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
As speculated by Lawless, Lavoie and others, Kane decides to shut it down for the rest of the year and have surgery instead of fighting through like he was doing before the last few days' incidents.

Also:

[Tweet]563751298038648832[/Tweet]

I'm wondering if when Maurice says it was his decision, it was because they couldn't reach Kane after repeatedly calling him and after he didn't show up an hour before puck drop Maurice had to assume that he wasn't coming and had to scratch him so that he could have a full lineup.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Coach-Maurice-pre-Hawks-game-300x277.jpg

Coach Maurice pre-game: On Kane having surgery. Where does the team go from here? On the timeline of Kane going from ready to play to coach’s decision to should surgery, what happened? Does he think the situation that happened between the players led to the surgery decision? On facing the Hawks. Did Evander Kane choose not to play Tuesday night? What does he want to see from Michael Hutchinson’s game? More of a need for team improvement? On having a losing record without Kane, does he feel confident they can win? Where does the confidence come from? Concern that information leaked to the media from the room. Does he believe that Evander would be welcomed back to the locker room by his teammates? Why was Kane getting back into the lineup this time different than when he was last scratched? Is he comfortable the way things were handled on Tuesday? It is possible that the team lost the player, was it handled properly? How needed is a game tonight to change the focus? Was there any other punishment handed out to any other players? Is Dusting Byfuglien at forward a long term option?

To listen click here.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Maybe he doesn't WANT to be there anymore? So why should he play hurt when he could get his surgery, prepare in the off season, get traded, and start new?

The whole attitude around how players should be in the NHL is just stupid. "Be classy, be for the team, blah blah blah"

This is exactly what he did.

He knows he isn't "in" with the vets. They made that clear. So he said fine...I won't put my body on the line for you. I'm done.

Lots of people have been saything that Kane has wanted out...but nothing was ever official. Well folks...I think it's official now.

Can ANYONE see Kane playing for the Jets again? I can not.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Good call here.

All this 'drama' will have run it's course by then. He'll be gone by the draft.

Callista Rhian

Dec 27, 2014
Land of Ice & Snow

He knows he isn't "in" with the vets. They made that clear. So he said fine...I won't put my body on the line for you. I'm done.

Lots of people have been saything that Kane has wanted out...but nothing was ever official. Well folks...I think it's official now.

Why the **** would he want to?

Also, there you have it, folks. It was Maurice's decision to scratch him.

Oh, and BTW? I'm neither a Jets fan nor a Kane fan.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008

2) He either made an innocent mistake or showed up to a meeting wearing athletic gear, something which doesn't infringe upon a another person or his property

3) Buff (who, by the way, keeps showing up out of shape and who has driven a boat while drunk - something that could have seriously injured others) somehow decided that he was the guy to be handing down punishment and infringed upon his property

4) Kane decides screw it - I've been playing hard despite being injured and you jackasses can't appreciate that? FU.

Did everyone act poorly? Yes. Kane for his immaturity, Buff for his childishness, and management and Ladd for letting it get this out of hand.

Kane clearly seems to have ongoing issues. If you genuinely believe this whole incident revolves around what clothes Kane decided to wear that's pretty naive of you.

Kane thinks he's above everyone else and doesn't have to follow team rules. You can't have a successful team when one player thinks it's OK to do whatever he wants.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010

1) it doesnt matter because he clearly is a me first player in the end. it is evident by his recent actions.

2) its what Kane has said and his word is not credible given his track record.

3) He wasnt out of shape this year and was an anchor for the defense when all those injuries happened to the back end. buff had on incident, kane has many. irrelevant since Buff actually owned up to a stupid mistake and hasnt had any issues since.

4) Just more proof that kane is a baby and a me first player and team cancer.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Kane clearly seems to have ongoing issues. If you genuinely believe this whole incident revolves around what clothes Kane decided to wear that's pretty naive of you.

Kane thinks he's above everyone else and doesn't have to follow team rules. You can't have a successful team when one player thinks it's OK to do whatever he wants.

This isn't even the first time it's involved him and a track suit! It came out that in Atlanta, he wore a track suit to a meeting and the guys turned them into short shorts.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
I'm wondering if when Maurice says it was his decision, it was because they couldn't reach Kane after repeatedly calling him and after he didn't show up an hour before puck drop Maurice had to assume that he wasn't coming and had to scratch him so that he could have a full lineup.

Seems like Maurice is trying to cover it up some to reduce the drama. Good move by him, but yeah, it seems like he decided to scratch him because they couldn't contact him.

Callista Rhian

Dec 27, 2014
Land of Ice & Snow

I'll revise my opinion if I had any decent proof of that. Seriously, give me proof and I'll take back everything.

And no, I simply think the track suit thing is the straw that broke the camel's back. He's been made an outsider for years, and now he's fed up. Why should he put his health on the line for people who clearly don't want him there?

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
i want to ask jets fans...

is kane known for premadona like behavior and off ice incidents ?

try to not include the recent buf-outfit in shower drama in your opinion.

Lots of character issues, jets fans have been defending him for a long time, and with this coming out even they can't defend him anymore.

His last stunt he posted a pic on instagram with him doing pushups shirtless with bundles of cash on his back...

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010

He isnt in with the vets because he is 23 and still acts like a rookie. 6 seasons in you think he would get with the program eh?

I dont see him playing for them again. They are better off honestly, even with his talent he hasnt produced 30 goals again and clearly has character issues.

People can make excuses for the jackass all they want, but its him, not everyone else.

Callista Rhian

Dec 27, 2014
Land of Ice & Snow
1) it doesnt matter because he clearly is a me first player in the end. it is evident by his recent actions.

2) its what Kane has said and his word is not credible given his track record.

3) He wasnt out of shape this year and was an anchor for the defense when all those injuries happened to the back end. buff had on incident, kane has many. irrelevant since Buff actually owned up to a stupid mistake and hasnt had any issues since.

4) Just more proof that kane is a baby and a me first player and team cancer.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Once again, I am not a Jets or Kane fan. I only watch when the Pens, Caps, and Stars play them. I just think that this whole thing is getting ridiculous.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I agree as well.

Rather then play through an injury hes already been playing with..and finally play some playoff hockey...he choses to stick it to the team and declare himself done for the year.

Looks like another selfish move again...but really IMO works against him...if other teams read into it as well like this..no one will want that guy in their org.

Yes they will....they just won't trade an equal asset for him. At the draft, you can bet the Jets will be keying in on a certain player and will offer Kane for that pick.

And a team that doesn't want to wait 3-4 year for the prospect to "hopefully" make it, will make that trade. Especially a team that thinks they should be a playoff team but had a down year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad