Speculation: Evander Kane Options

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Would love him on Calgary.

What about a Giordano for E Kane and Jake McCabe trade?

Gives Sabres a 1D to lead their mass youth movement. Flames fill out the top 6 to help Bennett and Tkachuk, as well as add a good young D. Brodie takes over as our 1D with Dougie as the 2D. McCabe fills into a top 4 position with Wideman/Jokipakka. Flames save a little cap to resign Gaudreau and mid-season flexibility.

No interest in Gio and that contract given his age. Not getting a young Dman along with that contract.

ellismate

Jun 9, 2015
SK
No. The price for Reinhart would be something that Jets management wouldn't even entertain, so there's little point in even discussing it.

If wingers is what you need, the jets are bursting at the seems with them but don't need much other than a left do or a future 2C

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
Pittsburgh
Kane is no longer a kid--he is now 25 and he is still doing the same stuff he did in both Atlanta and the Peg..

Sabres a better off sitting him in a corner then more or less giving him away

Seriously, if he is misbehaving in Winnipeg then Las Vegas will *ruin* him

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
If Giordano is going to Buffalo, E Kane would need retention or at least a 2nd added with McCabe

Sabres couldn't do that even if they wanted to. They don't have the cap space to take on Giordano'a contract + retain on E. Kane. I don't think buffalo has the room for Gio, even with no retention on Kane's contract. We still have to re-sign Ristolainen too. And Kulikov will need a new deal at season's end.

And I have no interest in giving up Jake McCabe. He's a good top 4 defenseman on a super cheap deal for the next 3 years, and he has improved Significantly every season. Nobody even expected him to be in Buffalo yet. He's still very young. But he just forced his way onto the team with his play.
Buffalo needs guys like McCabe on cheaper deals. We can't have a blue line full of expensive contracts.

It's not that I wouldn't love to have Giordano on the Sabres. I just dont see a way to make it work wth that contract he has.

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
If Giordano is going to Buffalo, E Kane would need retention or at least a 2nd added with McCabe

Plus that whole issue of expansion draft. Now buffalo needs to protect Giordano, Risto, Bogo, and Kuli. It could be argued that Buffalo would have protected McCabe but Gio had more value than McCabe so now the hand is forced.

sabres_phan

Feb 14, 2005
Plus that whole issue of expansion draft. Now buffalo needs to protect Giordano, Risto, Bogo, and Kuli. It could be argued that Buffalo would have protected McCabe but Gio had more value than McCabe so now the hand is forced.

Kulikov's a UFA after this year and will not need to be protected.

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
Kulikov's a UFA after this year and will not need to be protected.

Assuming Buffalo does not re-sign him? Sure. But why would TM trade from Kulikov and hope he pairs with Risto long term just to left him walk to UFA one year later.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
If Calgary had interest in a deal centered around Kane and McCabe for Giordano I don't see any good reason not to jump at that deal from Buffalo's perspective. Our window is opening now and Giordano fits our needs to a T, his age and contract aren't ideal, but they aren't some massive anchor as some would make them out to be He's still got several years of being a very good defenseman left. If they want retention on Kane just jettision Franson off for a 6th round pick or something. You then have Gionta coming off the books next season and a Moulson buyout is a possibility as well. Re-signing Kulikov could likely be swung as well. It's not all that hard to make the money work.

Jerkini

May 31, 2003
Visit site
Patrick Kane Summer of 2016

I think the summer of 2016 is exactly why Patrick Kane has avoided the scrutiny. We're talking about an upper echelon player that gets it done despite what occurs in his personal life. Evander Kane is a dime a dozen player. He doesn't get that luxury.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Toronto? Babcock could work wonders for him. Don't think they'd want Matthews being influenced by him but he is a good player when he's serious.

I think Babcock could help him but from what Shanny had said multiple times they want players who are good people as well as good players.

Nothing Kane has shown in the past 2-3 years off-ice indicates he is a good person.

Too many night clubs and bars in Toronto for him to beat up bouncers and get in trouble

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
I think the summer of 2016 is exactly why Patrick Kane has avoided the scrutiny. We're talking about an upper echelon player that gets it done despite what occurs in his personal life. Evander Kane is a dime a dozen player. He doesn't get that luxury.

Kane has issues, there's no denying that anymore. His training camp interview gave me chills how out of touch he is, but he is far from a dime a dozen player. He will never score like Patty, but he will chip in his points and do it while being one of the best forecheckers in the league. His on ice effort has never been questioned by Sabres or Jets fans that I've seen.

Last edited:

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
What's going to happen to him? I still think he can be really useful if brought into a discipline environment with the right veterans. Where makes the most sense and for what? I have to think Buffalo is growing tired and will move him for cheap.

He's either being moved for cheap or isn't moving.
I highly doubt anyone will pay anything that excites Sabres fans.
He's not productive enough of a player to make people forget how much of an ******* he is.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Kane has issues, there's no denying that anymore. His training camp interview gave me chills how out of touch he is, but he is far from a dime a dozen player. He will never score like Party, but he will chip in his points and do it while being one of the best forecheckers in the league. His on ice effort has never been questioned by Sabres or Jets fans that I've seen.

Don't forget, he'll fight too. As a third line guy, who can chip in 20 goals and 4 points, he has real value as that guy in the lineup willing to brawl. Other players don't mind as much if that guy is a jerk because he'll take the punch. That said, he's way overpaid for that role.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Toronto? Babcock could work wonders for him. Don't think they'd want Matthews being influenced by him but he is a good player when he's serious.

The last thing Babs needs is a disruptive force in the room before the core and leadership group has been established. Leafs need adults not petulant children.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad